August"> August">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow 10:57 - Aug 22 with 986 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 709 viewsspell_chekker

I can't remember exactly what it was (Can you refresh my memory?).

But he published a similar tweet (style - BFC news in tomorrows paper) 2 or 3 weeks ago that turned out to be a damp squib.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 688 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 10:42 - Aug 23 with 682 viewsspell_chekker

Apart from the beginning of his career, he's always played in the championship with a bit of prem and Scottish prem (Celtic) thrown in.

Good pedigree.

Obviously, the sticking point is his age. Turned 34 last May.

A player of this age could be a good signing, or not. There's an important, and delicate, judgement to be made.

A centre half could get away with it but he's a bit small for that position.

It'd be more difficult for a left back, you'd be asking old legs to get up and down.

On the face of it, it's a no thanks from me.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:43 - Aug 23 with 676 viewsImperial

Saw him play for Forest a few times. he can play in the centre or as full back.

Reliable but not spectacular.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 18:26 - Aug 23 with 663 viewsspell_chekker

The bottom line is that I trust Critchley.

I love what he's doing and want him to chase his philosophy to the end.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 07:14 - Aug 24 with 661 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Still think we need a left sided CB with a bit of pace.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:21 - Aug 24 with 654 viewsspell_chekker

Pace is definitely needed - playing a high line (Ekpiteta is fast and enables us to play this way but he needs a quick partner - Fox at 34?????)

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:23 - Aug 24 with 652 viewsspell_chekker

Former Nottingham Forest star wanted by League One side

Fox has played for the likes of Forest, Celtic and Southampton in a fine career

Experienced defender Danny Fox could be on his way to League One outfit Blackpool.

The ex-Nottingham Forest man was a casualty of Wigan Athletic’s drop into administration earlier this summer, which saw the Latics relegated to League One despite a strong season under Paul Cook in the Championship.

Fox is now a free agent, and the Sun report that Seasiders boss Neil Critchley is keen on bringing the 34-year-old to Bloomfield Road.

In the days following his departure from the DW Stadium, Fox was linked with a move to Birmingham City after the appointment of his City Ground boss Aitor Karanka, who had previously spoken of his admiration for Fox.

“When I came here a few people told me that I should forget him, because he was not at his best,” Karanka told the Post.

“But playing in the position he played, I wanted to give him confidence and teach him the things he needed to improve. The main thing was to transmit my confidence to him.”

“When he is confident, which he is, he can be a very good player. Maybe for other people it is a surprise but, for me, it is not a surprise that he is playing at this level.”

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:47 - Aug 28 with 633 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow (n/t) on 11:49 - Aug 28 with 629 viewsspell_chekker

Tell us more Al, tell us more.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 11:49]

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:49 - Aug 28 with 628 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 624 viewsspell_chekker

Nothing from him yet but this is the other journo who sometimes has some inside info:-

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:56 - Aug 28 with 618 viewsspell_chekker

A couple of Nixon's recent predictions haven't come off.

This latest thing implies a foreign centre half who has a choice between us and another club.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 12:20 - Aug 28 with 612 viewsspell_chekker

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 590 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 09:21 - Aug 30 with 578 viewsspell_chekker

What time does he get out of bed and start tweeting?

I'm going out soon.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 10:12 - Aug 30 with 573 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 10:42 - Aug 30 with 566 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:07 - Aug 30 with 563 viewsImperial

Gabriel is highly rated by Forest supporters. He would be a good loan signing.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 11:31 - Aug 30 with 560 viewsspell_chekker

Birthday: 25 September 1998

He'll just scrape under the age limit for the squad size.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 12:05 - Aug 30 with 556 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I might have misread it, but I have a feeling that anyone born before 1 st January 1999 will be counted as one of your 22 squad, if named in it.

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 539 viewsspell_chekker

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 522 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 515 viewsspell_chekker

If we sign Gabriel at right back, we'll be obliged to sign an attacking left full back as well.

It'd be a move away from our decent but defensive fullbacks - Turton and Husband - who push up either side of our 1 defensive mid (principally Robson).

We would then very much resemble the Liverpool model with Alexandre-Arnold and Robertson.

It would also mean 2 defensive mids instead of the one we've been playing.

Robson + 1 other
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 19:36]

Nixon - BFC News Due Tomorrow on 20:10 - Sep 3 with 505 viewsspell_chekker

This would also mean that Ward is toast.

Unless he is kept to challenge for a place with our other attackers.

I doubt it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024