Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights from today on offish 21:09 - Aug 22 with 6062 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/pre-season-highlights-qpr-3-afc-wimbledo

Very brief observations based on it being a training match

Dykes on this brief showing could grow one day to be the love child of Charlie Austin and Jamie Mackie. Looks extremely confident and a much bigger unit than I thought.

Chair seems to look as though he is prepared to step up if, as and when Eze goes.

BOS you will go some way to fluff a chance like that again. Football amnesia for a moment there.

Dieng looked pretty competent in the few things shown.

We need to work on our direct free kicks!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Highlights from today on offish on 22:16 - Aug 22 with 4347 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cheers Bosh.
I'll be kind to BOS and say in a competitive match he'd have smashed that first time!
Diffitcult to say much from that, poor defending or keeping for all three goals.

Bare bones.

Highlights from today on offish on 22:17 - Aug 22 with 4333 viewsLblock

All good so far

Really looking forward to the season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Highlights from today on offish on 22:56 - Aug 22 with 4227 viewsdaveB

3 minutes and 12 seconds is all it took for me to decide that Dykes is going to be brilliant, bound to be shit now i've said that but i thought he had a great touch, was aggressive in his closing down and his movement was decent as well. Should add that Wimbledon were awful so i may have gone too early

Highlights from today on offish on 22:58 - Aug 22 with 4219 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rock n Roll

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Highlights from today on offish on 23:19 - Aug 22 with 4145 viewsCiderwithRsie

Typical negativity from you, Lblock, never got a good word to say about the club, constant bedwetting pessimism - hang on, I may have got this wrong

Highlights from today on offish on 00:22 - Aug 23 with 3995 viewsBoston

Ramkilde la la la
Ramkilde la la la

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Highlights from today on offish on 00:46 - Aug 23 with 3945 viewsHunterhoop

Inclined to jump on this bandwagon. We may be wrong, but I’m willing to wager we won’t.

Highlights from today on offish on 01:58 - Aug 23 with 3881 viewstimcocking

Ramkilde Dykes Manning Bright Eze Chair. Is that a sentence?

What i particularly liked, after the recent free kick thread, were those two free kicks from Manning and Chair. Blimey.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 2:31]

Highlights from today on offish on 03:05 - Aug 23 with 3838 viewssimmo

The fact he's only 24 and is obviously hungry to learn and progress makes him absolutely perfect for a team like us and a manager like Warburton.

If the fans stay positive and forgive his inevitable off days, I think he could turn into something of a cult hero. Tbf to the fanbase we gave Washington every opportunity as we desperately wanted him to be the striker we needed, let's hope Dykes gets the same. Apart from the potential goals, he looks like the kind of team player that our attacking youngsters will get loads from, no surprise to see his stats for assists based on today. Very promising

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Highlights from today on offish on 04:33 - Aug 23 with 3809 viewsstainrods_elbow

Run-of-the-mill win against inferior opposition you'd be worrying if we weren't putting to the sword, even pre-season. Poor goalkeeping for Chair's first; tap-in from Dykes (who looked industrious); scruffy third. Defence looked as harem scarem at times as we came to suffer all through 2019/20, and we appeared fortunate not to concede one or two, taking into account their disallowed (non-)goal. If that doesn't change this campaign, despite all the good things Warburton has done, his and his coaches' positions will - rightly in my book - come under scrutiny by Xmas. Right now, I'd wager it's more likely than not we'll concede another 70+ goals this year, as I feel both in defence and midfield we won't be strong enough, and the goalkeepers at the club don't inspire me with confidence. I don't think we'll improve on 13th/14th in any event.

Apart from that, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm struggling to feel more than a flicker of enthusiasm for the new season, given the continued fan embargo and/or lack of clarity from the government/EFL/anyone about how many supporters are going to be denied entry and for how long on the basis of no scientific clarity/studies whatsoever.* If anyone seriously thinks football without all the fans is football, let them go on with their muzzled lives for the rest of time! Hoping Rangers do OK in their forthcoming parallel/viral footballing universe with fake sound (and even now discussions of it like it matters), tragic wreath-like flags and paid-for cut-out fans (you really couldn't make it up) but I'll be filling my time with other creative activities that don't involve being organised by stupidity, ideology and sporting simulation machinery - quite probably to the relief of those posters who don't understand that at least 50% of my so-called 'negativism' is the bitter fruit of damaged enthusiasm. Once, back in the day, I loved it all, believe it or not.

* At least the Germans are shaking a Teutonic leg, while the UK just surrenders to its usual brand of fudged non-thinking, watery/flaky governmental paternalism and sheep-like conformity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53875370
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 4:58]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Highlights from today on offish on 07:40 - Aug 23 with 3643 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good analysis, Simmo.

The other thing I liked was that once or twice we got players running behind him looking for the flick-on. Smyth did it in the lead-up to the third goal (btw. see how quickly Dykes span and got into the box after his flick-on).

rsonist posted two articles about Dykes yesterday, the second was a detailed analysis of his game and mentioned and illustrated this part of his game, so it was good to see it.

It's a long, long time since we've had players going beyond the target man and unsettling oppo defences. Another string to the bow, and no more, but still good to see.

Generally, we won't get carried away but i was pleased with how sharp we were in possession and with our level of fitness two to three weeks out from our first league game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Highlights from today on offish on 09:09 - Aug 23 with 3456 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks for posting, bosh.

Hey, a win's a win.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Highlights from today on offish on 09:29 - Aug 23 with 3417 viewsjoe90

Not going to read too much into yesterdays win, but a win always feels good.

Warbs is right when he says we've got to look at the fixtures and consider the congestion at certain months. We don't have depth in squad and will most likely lose our key player.

I'm not expecting significant progress from last season and will be happy with mid-table.

The new kit looked great, best we've had in a long while, just shame we wont be back at Loftus Road anytime soon.

Highlights from today on offish on 09:48 - Aug 23 with 3343 viewsdavman

Such a QPR thing to say...

"He might be brilliant, or he might be shite"

Maybe he'll just be "alright", eh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Highlights from today on offish on 09:56 - Aug 23 with 3320 viewsE17hoop

I thought Thomas was good - I think he'll become the hero next season. Both work rate and positioning were spot on but not sure where he fits in the team.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Highlights from today on offish on 10:08 - Aug 23 with 3287 viewstimcocking

Always absolutely delighted to see a new striker score on his debut, even if it's only a friendly. Gets the proverbial monkey straight off his back.

Highlights from today on offish on 10:52 - Aug 23 with 3196 viewshantssi

Good to see you back Stainrod, I’ve missed your positivity!
However I do agree with you about having no interest of BCD footie, couldn’t actually be less interested!

Highlights from today on offish on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 3179 viewsNorthernr

There were bits and pieces but Wimbledon were absolutely woeful. Miles away from even League One level for me. I know they haven't played for months so fair enough but I'd have been bloody terrified watching that if I supported them.

Club wanted a Premier League friendly between Oxford and Plymouth but haven't been able to get one so we're going into Forest, which is a very difficult first game, on the back of three games against League One oppo. Can't help but worry we're coming in undercooked again, as we did start of the summer games.

Highlights from today on offish on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 3109 viewsCiderwithRsie

Other than that, how did you enjoy the match, Mrs Lincoln?

Highlights from today on offish on 13:07 - Aug 23 with 2935 viewskensalriser

The Samaritans can be reached on 116 123.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Highlights from today on offish on 13:12 - Aug 23 with 2924 viewskensalriser

Disappointing considering there are 7 PL clubs within a 15 mile radius of Loftus Road.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Highlights from today on offish on 13:24 - Aug 23 with 2873 viewsTacticalR

And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell

The Eagles, Hotel California

Air hostess clique

Highlights from today on offish on 13:45 - Aug 23 with 2831 viewsLazyFan

Agree that the Dons were terrible. Loads of space available, players allowed to turn and run with the ball. Set up for Bettache which he took advantage of. Kid looks good and should be allowed to integrate with the Squad this year and not be sent on loan.

We should not make the same mistakes we made with Darnell Furlong and send him out on loan when we know he's good enough. Bettache needs a few real games with our team not someone else's. He's ready.

Whereas Ramkilde should go out on loan as he is not ready, but could with some lower league games be ready after season. Or at least we shall find out.

BoS on the other hand even if you take away the miss looked off pace. Smythe ran at them and it showed. He should stay with us as well this season and allowed some games.

Cameron was woeful as well, way too many passes to the opp. Also he tries to do things his body can no longer do, like go past a man with a flick of the ball. I think he maybe past it this year.

Manning was poor too. As we know he's always super fit then one has to think he was not bothered today.

Mido looked to me like he was trying too hard and should be played on the right, not the left as his cut ins don't really work. And in post-lockdown he did a few nice crosses from the right in real games.

Dyke looks a good buy. He holds the ball up like Paul Furlong and this is more the sort of player he looks like. He should do well for us and we need it.

The defence was still woeful on the corners. We really need a big animal centre half of the evilest and nasty kind. BFG is dirty but he's slow and not tall enough. We need a giant monster to dominate that box. If we get such a player, a nice touch would be if they were really ugly as well. Just to add to the intimidation factor.

BTW: Commentator said Dons were playing their 6th friendly already. I suspect we shall end up loaning them, two players. Like for example Ramkilde and Gubbins, as this way they get free loans and we get our players playing on the home turf week in and week out. Good for us that if we wish to see them in the first team next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Highlights from today on offish on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 2805 viewslondonscottish

...on the other hand Rangers more or less held their own over the course of last season despite being the 6th smallest in terms of budget.

And had more U23 minutes than anyone bar Swansea & Man Utd.

I think those two stats say quite a lot about today's set up at the club.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Highlights from today on offish on 14:13 - Aug 23 with 2774 viewsqpr_1968

A win is a win i suppose, but like you i can't get too excited about the coming season reason being, for the past 52 years most of my year is spent by actually watching the games live.
the every day experience of travelling to the game, meeting your mates, drink, food, and then the 90 minutes of excitement/dross/boredom/up in the clouds and what ever else happens in that hour and half.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024