Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Trump Thread 20:38 - Sep 15 with 1761 viewsspell_chekker

Where is it?

We haven't had one for a while and let's face it, he drops clangers on almost a daily basis.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Today's Trump Thread on 20:51 - Sep 15 with 973 viewsspudgun

Sadly it is indicative of the current times that Trump today is hosting a celebration lap at the White House and announcing "peace in the middle east" to all and sundry because Bahrain and the UAE have signed up to some deal with Israel.

Whilst not mocking him altogether, it looks more phoney than Pamela Anderson`s t*ts.

I watched about 20 minutes of his childlike guff before kicking the screen of my tv in anger, a la Rik from the Young Ones.

Yet it is no more ridiculous than the whatever he was doing last week or the week before. His ludicrous nonsense and crass insensitivity is no longer news.

I just remembered something. I was watching him yesterday listening to Californian officials urging him to consider that the fires raging there may be to do with climate change. He replied (with a straight face) "I think it`s gonna get cooler!"

When everything is chaos, nothing is chaos.

His madness is now normalised to me. The next step will be me wearing a MAGA hat and thinking his hair looks quite cool...

Today's Trump Thread on 21:27 - Sep 15 with 966 viewsspell_chekker

Somebody told me about Trevor Noah today.

Do you know him?

[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 21:31]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Today's Trump Thread on 21:31 - Sep 15 with 961 viewsspell_chekker

Today's Trump Thread on 21:33 - Sep 15 with 960 viewsspell_chekker

Today's Trump Thread on 21:34 - Sep 15 with 959 viewsspell_chekker

Try typing Trevor Noah Trump in to the YouTube search bar.

There's plenty more.

Today's Trump Thread on 21:35 - Sep 15 with 959 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Still got some way to go to catch this bad boy up....

We're going to [put] more of these little Negro bastards on the welfare rolls at $2,400 a family. Let people like Pat Moynihan and [special consultant] Leonard Garment and others believe in all that crap. But I don't believe in it. Work, work – throw 'em off the rolls. That's the key.

I have the greatest affection for them [Negroes] but I know they're not going to make it for 500 years. They aren't. You know it, too. The Mexicans are a different cup of tea. They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they're dishonest, but they do have some concept of family life. They don't live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like.

"Archie's Guys." Archie is sitting here with his hippie son-in-law, married to the screwball daughter. The son-in-law apparently goes both ways. This guy. He's obviously queer – wears an ascot – but not offensively so. Very clever. Uses nice language. Shows pictures of his parents. And so Arch goes down to the bar. Sees his best friend, who used to play professional football. Virile, strong, this and that. Then the fairy comes into the bar. I don't mind the homosexuality. I understand it. Nevertheless, goddamn, I don't think you glorify it on public television, homosexuality, even more than you glorify whores. We all know we have weaknesses. But, goddammit, what do you think that does to kids? You know what happened to the Greeks! Homosexuality destroyed them. Sure, Aristotle was a homo. We all know that. So was Socrates.

You know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags. Neither in a public way. You know what happened to the popes? They were layin' the nuns; that's been goin' on for years, centuries. But the Catholic Church went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it had to be cleaned out. That's what's happened to Britain. It happened earlier to France. Let's look at the strong societies. The Russians. Goddamn, they root 'em out. They don't let 'em around at all. I don't know what they do with them. Look at this country. You think the Russians allow dope? Homosexuality, dope, immorality, are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and left-wingers are clinging to one another. They're trying to destroy us. I know Moynihan will disagree with this, [Attorney General John] Mitchell will, and Garment will. But, goddamn, we have to stand up to this.

But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time – it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco. Decorators. They got to do something. But we don't have to glorify it. You know one of the reasons fashions have made women look so terrible is because the goddamned designers hate women. Designers taking it out on the women. Now they're trying to get some more sexy things coming on again.

Proper rant, name that President.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Today's Trump Thread on 21:35 - Sep 15 with 956 viewsspell_chekker

Today's Trump Thread on 21:36 - Sep 15 with 955 viewsspell_chekker

Today's Trump Thread on 23:01 - Sep 15 with 945 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It's Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon. Someone Trump admits to admiring. Also appointed people like Roger Stone who worked with Nixon. Always a danger of accepting Trumps rants as the new normal, so it sometime needs to be pointed out where he's coming from, and how dangerous his views are.

Wish I could find the text about Nixon asking Kissinger about dropping nukes on North Vietnam, another very scary classic.

The Nixon tapes are truly staggering if you get a chance to read/listen to them.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 23:01]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Today's Trump Thread on 07:18 - Sep 16 with 930 viewsspudgun

I had no idea who the rant was from, but I kept thinking Roger Stone or Alex Jones. As soon as you said `president` I thought Nixon, although I wasn`t aware he was so bad. An interesting prism to understand what Trump may believe and where it may have come from.

"Puts it into perspective."

- "Too much f***ing perspective".

Name the film...

Today's Trump Thread on 12:18 - Sep 16 with 916 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Struggling with the film quote

Reading a SciFi book at the moment, who's foreword is by Newt Gingrich. It's so bad, it's become readable for all the wrong reasons.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 12:41]

Today's Trump Thread on 15:06 - Sep 16 with 907 viewsspudgun

Today's Trump Thread on 15:36 - Sep 16 with 897 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cracking film, even if it does get a bit "close to home" for me sometimes

Best in Show is also very good/funny. Well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen ir.

Today's Trump Thread on 21:06 - Sep 16 with 891 viewsspudgun

In fact I saw Harry Shearer as Derek Smalls (the bassist in Tap) nearly a year ago to the day as one of the guests of Richard Thompson for his 70th at the Royal Albert Hall.

He did a song called "She put the bitch in obituary."

In life I could never really trust the judgement of anyone who didn`t get `Spinal Tap` or `The Simpsons`. And Harry Shearer, of course, is involved in both...

Today's Trump Thread on 21:28 - Sep 16 with 888 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Saw Spinal Tap at Donington years ago, great fun.

Today's Trump Thread on 12:03 - Sep 17 with 875 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Heat ray 'was sought' against protest in Washington's Lafayette Square

Officers requested a "heat ray" weapon for possible use against protesters in a park next to the White House in June, a National Guard major has testified.

Military police allegedly asked for the Active Denial System (ADS), which makes targets feel their skin is on fire.

It was before authorities cleared Lafayette Square of demonstrators on 1 June amid protests over the killing of black man George Floyd.

The National Guard did not possess the heat ray and it was not used.

Law enforcement officers are instead believed to have used tear gas, rubber bullets and smoke grenades to clear the park.

At the time authorities said it was to tackle violent protesters who had thrown rocks at police and started fires. Reporters at the scene however said the demonstration had been peaceful.

Park Police have denied using tear gas, saying that they instead fired "pepper balls" - projectiles with capsaicin, the chemical that gives peppers heat - at protesters.

Shortly after officers cleared the park, US President Donald Trump walked across the street from the White House for a photo opportunity outside a church.

The clearance of the protesters to make way for Mr Trump drew heavy criticism from both Democrats and Republicans, and Washington DC Mayor Muriel Bowser called it "shameful".

What did the major say?

National Guard Major Adam DeMarco was at the scene of the protest, serving as a liaison officer in a supervisory role.

In written testimony provided to US lawmakers and first published by NPR, Maj De Marco said a senior military police officer asked if the National Guard in the US capital had the ADS in the morning of 1 June.

The heat ray weapon uses a microwave beam to make human skin feel like it is burning. Authorities say it causes no permanent damage.

In an email which Maj DeMarco was copied into, the senior officer said the ADS "can immediately compel an individual to cease threatening behavior", describing the effect of the weapon as "overwhelming".

Maj DeMarco responded that the DC National Guard did not have the ADS, nor an LRAD - a Long Range Acoustic Device, also requested, which can blast a wall of sound at crowds.

Federal officials also began stockpiling ammunition that day, Maj DeMarco said.

A US defence department official, speaking to the Washington Post, characterised the emails as "routine inventory checks" about available equipment.

The department, the army and the National Guard did not respond to specific questions from the newspaper about munitions and their planned use.

The major is an Iraq War veteran who has said he was "deeply disturbed" by the official response. The 34-year-old ran for Congress in 2018 as a Democrat on a platform that was heavily critical of President Trump.

According to a New York Times report in August, borders officials proposed using the heat ray to stop migrants at the US southern border in 2018. The system was deployed in Afghanistan by the US military but reportedly was not used operationally.

What happened at Lafayette Square?

Demonstrators had gathered in the park near the White House for days as part of mass protests against police brutality and racism in the US.

Police moved in to clear them at about 18:30 local time (22:30 GMT) - about 30 minutes before a city-wide curfew went into effect - and just as Mr Trump began a televised speech from the White House Rose Garden.

After his speech ended, and as the protesters were further pushed back, Mr Trump walked to the nearby St John's Episcopal Church and briefly posed for a photo as he held up a Bible. The basement of the church had been set on fire the previous day.

The White House said that the decision to expand the security perimeter was not related to the president's decision to visit the church, where moments earlier protesters had gathered.

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser later renamed a plaza outside the White House - now Black Lives Matter Plaza - as a rebuke to the president.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54187961

Today's Trump Thread on 12:09 - Sep 17 with 870 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I thought his confession that he did want a wet job done on Assad after all (when he had earlier fervently denied it) might have got more traction.

He's back to contradicting his health care professionals overnight about when the vaccine will be available. This after his fatuous comments about climate change and the fires raging on the West Coast earlier in the week.

One of the more interesting things I read recently was that his campaign contributions are falling a long way behind what Biden is raising. A case of people smelling failure, perhaps?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Today's Trump Thread on 18:08 - Sep 17 with 851 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

And another model has come forward to accuse him of sexual assault today.

Someone, somewhere, is co-ordinating all of this very well. He will be fuming.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Today's Trump Thread on 23:18 - Sep 17 with 843 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Problem is BRR, that shrewd (for an American) political operator Nancy Pelosi seems to have lost the plot. After banging on about using masks, getting caught caught going to the hairdressers and not wearing one, was just dumb.

Then holding up a bill for a second stimulus check has even p****d off some in her own party. There's a real danger the Democrats could blow this.

Today's Trump Thread on 08:10 - Sep 18 with 831 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool South MP

Today's Trump Thread on 09:08 - Sep 18 with 829 viewsspudgun

Clinging to the canard of a "special relationship" always makes me chortle, as does Johnson constantly referring to "our friends and partners in Europe" whilst doing everything possible to undermine that friendship. Trump`s special relationship is with his own ego and wallet; we are as expendable as his staff.

As for "ignorant comments on Brexit", he doesn`t really need to look outside of his own party, or this country in general. Where do we start? Perhaps with the Prime Minister, and the cabinet, and the ERG. Especially the ERG.

Perhaps Benson should tweet a list of qualities he believes Trump has that Biden doesn`t, without incriminating himself as a racist, amoral, misogynist, liar himself.

What a f***wit!

Today's Trump Thread on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 827 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

His name is Benton, Benson was the star of Soap...

Today's Trump Thread on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 823 viewsspudgun

Sorry! I was on one...

Today's Trump Thread on 19:48 - Sep 23 with 789 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

All this time they were worried about Russia, Iran, etc interfering, seems they should have just looked over the pond

Spot the pro Trump hashtag.

Today's Trump Thread on 20:06 - Sep 23 with 780 viewsspudgun

"On 30th June 2019 Jenkyns suffered whiplash and concussion after swinging on her chair during a meeting."

Would have loved to see that.

Silly cow...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024