Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The delights of non league football 17:01 - Sep 18 with 201 viewsSeaside_Lee

Jane and I have recently been invited to attend and film a couple of non league games and I have got to say I have really enjoyed going.

Such a warm friendly welcome, a very enjoyable game of football and some interesting interviews with people who devote a lot of time to help these clubs keep going.

On Tuesday we were invited to film Squires Gate v AFC Fylde which finished 4-3 to Squires Gate. I met Albert Cooper, 84 years old, the photographer that took the iconic photo of Gascoigne at Italia '90 and the Charlton brothers hugging each other on the pitch on 1966 when it was "all over", and the lady that runs non league dogs a twitter site for pictures of non league dogs.

As we are still mostly locked out at Blackpool and you feel like having an enjoyable night at a football match I can highly recommend it.

If you have never been or thinking of taking a game in here is my video of Tuesday night hopefully it may persuade you to give it a go. I think you will be glad you did.

The delights of non league football on 18:18 - Sep 18 with 190 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Albert Cooper, what a star.

Luke Evans, proper non league managers physique.

Cheers Lee, enjoyed that.👍

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The delights of non league football on 19:28 - Sep 18 with 182 viewsspudgun

Brilliant that Lee!

Have a few connections with Squires Gate, having played there myself for a season, and young spud has played with a lot of the lads there at junior level.

Played with John Maguire (and his brother) over 30 years ago. Both were very good players. Quite amazing he has spent his whole career at Gate. Fantastic commitment from a great fella.

For spell`s scrapbook:

Lancaster played them in the cup last year and beat them 6-1, but they gave a good account of themselves, and the score flattered Lancaster somewhat. Rowan Roche made his debut for City that day.

A great local non league club...

The delights of non league football on 11:41 - Sep 19 with 171 viewsSeaside_Lee

Oh gosh yes couldn't believe it once he started showing me the photos. Could have spent another 30 minutes listening to his stories but it would have been way too much.

Yes he is quite a big lad however you can see how highly he is thought of. Wish him well it sounds like he lives and breathes it!

The delights of non league football on 11:43 - Sep 19 with 169 viewsSeaside_Lee

Thanks spud

Glad you enjoyed it. There will be more of these as I am enjoying the chance to work with people that appreciate it and welcome us to make something that helps them.

Such a refreshing change 🙂

The delights of non league football on 18:45 - Sep 20 with 161 viewsspell_chekker

I've watched the video again.

Who needs the prem?

Away from BFC, I'd be much more inclined to take this kind of thing in rather than a top flight match.

I'm getting more and more tempted to watch my local non league team a few times this season.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The delights of non league football on 20:42 - Sep 20 with 155 viewsSeaside_Lee

Couldn't agree more spell you should definitely try it. It is really quite special in a very 'down to earth' way.

Even being surrounded by darkness rather than a stadium is uplifting in a way that's hard to describe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024