Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That f***ing defence again 20:33 - Sep 18 with 4379 viewswelwynranger

Their first attack. Sickening

That f***ing defence again on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 3655 viewsBklynRanger

I love the look at me separate thread in the middle of it all.

That f***ing defence again on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 3524 viewsNorthantsHoop

Completely in control of this game, and then poor defensive errors again. Unmarked far post easy goal for them, Lumley not all at fault on that one.

That f***ing defence again on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 3496 viewsjohncharles

We need a goalkeeper that commands the area. Lumley just doesn’t hack it

Strong and stable my arse.

That f***ing defence again on 21:30 - Sep 18 with 3458 viewsBklynRanger

Or not.

That f***ing defence again on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 3436 viewspaulparker

At what point does our arrogant manager start stepping up and start to do something about it ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That f***ing defence again on 21:41 - Sep 18 with 3374 viewsstowmarketrange

It was the same type of corner that they’d almost scored from a couple of times before.When are we going to learn to fecking defend properly?

That f***ing defence again on 21:41 - Sep 18 with 3355 viewsRangers67

What’s the excuse this time Mark? Do us a favour and get a defensive coach in pronto

That f***ing defence again on 21:42 - Sep 18 with 3336 viewsstevec

Well it won’t be under Warburton.

That f***ing defence again on 21:54 - Sep 18 with 3195 viewsAngelsone9

unfortunately that seems to be all too true
its embarrassing- we live in Groundhog Day without ever learning anything

That f***ing defence again on 21:57 - Sep 18 with 3143 viewsPaddyhoops

Lumley at fault for first. Set piece for 3rd.
Same sh*t again and again. Lessons not learned.
If we persist with Joe again we will concede another 10 needless goals again. If we keep conceding at set pieces it will be another 10 . It doesn't take along to get our annual 70 at that rate. Depressing but solvable!!

That f***ing defence again on 22:12 - Sep 18 with 3041 viewsstowmarketrange

He also slightly turned away for the 2nd goal.I know it was at close range,but don’t turn away as the bloke is shooting.

That f***ing defence again on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 3015 views2Thomas2Bowles

That fecking manager again ..

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

That f***ing defence again on 22:25 - Sep 18 with 2934 viewsMalintabuk

The only goal I don't blame Lumley for is the 3rd.... but look at Barbet goal unstoppable shot but the goalkeeper at least made an attempt and threw himself..... Blumley just watches.... every coach I know always told a keeper to throw yourself even if hopeless it makes people think you tried....

That f***ing defence again on 22:34 - Sep 18 with 2863 viewsPhilmyRs

To be fair, thought Warbs spoke a lot of sense after the game and was clearly not happy with the defence. I do think Lumley could have done better. I really do want him to perform and be our number 1 but he rarely wins us games. Rob Green summed it up well, not a terrible goalkeeping error and a hard save but a save you’d be confident of making as a decent goalkeeper. It was a key moment, just before half time.

That f***ing defence again on 22:46 - Sep 18 with 2825 viewsstevec

Doesn’t matter who our full backs are none of them ever close down properly. Maybe they’re just shit or more likely the manager can’t get it into their heads how critical it is.

Wallace was shambolic, first goal one man to mark yet not only does he lose him but somehow ends up on the near post. Warnock would show him the door but Warburton seems to take it like another day at the office. Kakay not faultless either, gave the winger an age to line himself up for the perfect cross. It’s the same every week.

Can’t blame Lumley specifically for any of the goals but as Green said, he’s never set properly. When he dropped on that tame header from their corner I’d reached the point where I’m genuinely surprised he’s pulled off a save.

That f***ing defence again on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 2779 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

That f***ing defence again on 02:31 - Sep 19 with 2544 viewsLoftgirl

You can't blame Joe for a player being totally un-marked, but surely it shouldn't be going through his legs. The third goal, he didn't look to me like he made much effort to save it. His reactions seem slow and his left arm was still bent when it went past him.

That f***ing defence again on 06:02 - Sep 19 with 2443 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The defending in front of Lumley is particularly woeful, because it’s witnessed week in, week out. I like Warbs, but his capacity to observe, learn and make the necessary changes to avoid continuing mistakes is fast reaching Fernandes proportions!

As for Lumley: I agree with you on Goal 3. Goal 1 for me, could go either way but a confident keeper saves it. As for Goal 2, a sharper keeper should be charging that. Instead, he’s rooted to the spot and looks away.

Shame really but if the defenders and poor defending continues unabated, then we need a more solid, sharper and confident keeper.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That f***ing defence again on 06:13 - Sep 19 with 2425 viewsozexile

It's time to change keepers it's just not working......but he was rightly fuming with Kakay for the 2nd. He should breaking his neck to come across and block the shot. Instead he just stands and watches.

That f***ing defence again on 06:43 - Sep 19 with 2375 viewsHAYESBOY

Wallace looses their striker for the first, he just goes wandering towards the front post when he was right next to Godden when the ball was on the left wing.
Lumley then not great at trying to keep it out. Wallace for the first.
The second falls to Ohare fortunately but he does well to control it, then Lumley just stands there instead of closing the player down and making himself bigger. Sunday league keeping.
The 3rd was coming as the previous two corners the centre halves had free headers.

Really frustrating that loss. Avoidable.

A lot of players way off from their performances last week like Wallace, Chair, Lumley, Dickie, Holland and Cameron.
One thing from last game that did carry over was that we don't get the ball in the box when we have the chance. We recycle in field or go backwards.
We have a striker who looks desperate to feed off crosses but we don't put the ball in.

IMO.

Smells like a trout farm in here

That f***ing defence again on 07:23 - Sep 19 with 2303 viewsdavman

How is Lumley at fault for the first?

Wallace as the LB was tracking his man until the penalty area, even looking at him as he crossed the 18yd line, then inexplicably he decided to follow the ball to the near post, where we already had three defenders and a goalkeeper to, er, do what?

The most basic dereliction of defensive duty leaving a prolific strikers 1 1/2 yards from goal with a free header. Add to that Lumley had to cover the ground and it was mis-headered down in to the ground. No 'keeper on earth would have got that.

The second one was a one on one (again) from 2 yards (again good luck finding a keeper who would have saved that) and the third was because Barbet (our big tough tippy tappy CB) and the McAussie got physically bullied and outmuscled three times in a row at a corner. Again, free header, no chance for the 'keeper.

I get that Joe had a bad season last time out and I get that he is capable of horrors, but to lay the blame at his feet for anything last night is nothing short of ludicrous and vindictive.

Yet again, there are many more at more fault, yet he gets singled out - I despair of our fans sometimes.

Is he the best keeper in the league? Not a chance, but I think that he is the best we have (but maybe only just). We CANNOT afford a new GK, so we have to stick, just like Warbs will stick with the LB situation one Manning goes.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

That f***ing defence again on 07:53 - Sep 19 with 2222 viewsDejR_vu

If Lumley is the best keeper at the club (and i’m not necessarily saying he’s not) then we really do have a massive problem. He’s a dreadful keeper. I’ve said it before, if I was an opposition manager i’d be saying shoot at every opportunity because 1 in 2 will go in.

My concern is that MW will persevere out of stubbornness to prove a point given the chatter about how he’s been treated etc.

I don’t get it. The goalkeeper is the single most important player on the pitch in terms of team confidence. Crap keeper, the defence gets nervy, mistakes are made and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The midfield and strikers know we’ve got to score 1 or 2 just to get a draw, it just seeps through the team and sucks the life out of them. Get a decent keeper and you know you’ve always got a chance.

If the club still think he's good enough send him out on loan to a lower league club to get his mojo back. If he’s as good as they think they’ll be plenty if suitors. In the meantime, get someone in who can actually keep goal, even if it’s some old pro coming to the end of his career who just wants to play for another season or two.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

That f***ing defence again on 08:32 - Sep 19 with 2109 viewsMalintabuk

I thought Joe would become a decent keeper he has all the attributes.........tall, lithe and was a good communicator, but since that horror incident at Villa Park IMO I don't think he has mentally recovered.
Spot on post there as to be someway we can get an experienced older keeper in that will organise us and do a job for a couple of years.

That f***ing defence again on 08:35 - Sep 19 with 2098 views2Thomas2Bowles

From that interview.

He is not to blame *never is*

The defence is not really to blame as they are only human.

He is a con man, piss poor excuses.

It's not a one-off or a new problem.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 8:37]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

That f***ing defence again on 08:35 - Sep 19 with 2094 viewsPaddyhoops

Fair point. He's getting little or no protection from those in front of him, however as the commentators old cliche goes" He'll be a little bit disappointed with that".
We've had far too many of those with Joe.
I get it we can't afford a decent keeper buts its been a problem since Smithies left and its not got any better.
I won't be one of those going on social media giving him dogs abuse, nobody deserves that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024