Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top five must watch sporting occasions 17:56 - Sep 20 with 234 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Spell's bike ride round France thread got me thinking about this, so top 5 "Big Ticket" events you must watch or listen to

Summer Olympics

The Ashes

Football World Cup

Superbowl

Football European Championships.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 17:57]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 18:39 - Sep 20 with 228 viewsspudgun

6. Over Wyre (including Nether Wyresdale) mouse goading championship.

Currently title held by Big Percy of Marshaw...

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 19:08 - Sep 20 with 225 viewsspell_chekker

It's funny, isn't it.

I posted recently about being a lapsed BFC football junkie.

I was also a total sports' junkie and was heavily into anything and everything.

I'm still holding on to my first, and main, love - BFC - with this site playing a huge role in that.

Otherwise, I hardly watch sport anymore. As I said, it's funny how life changes and personally I'd say, in my case, for the better. Not being a slave to sporting events no matter how enjoyable they may be.

Anyway, I'm struggling to get a top, or any, 5 that I'd go for but here goes.

1. Anything BFC
2. England in the final phase of either the World or European Cup.
3. The Tour de France.
4. Lancaster City F.C.
5. UBB - Union Bordeaux Bègles - Spent many years in the doldrums as they didn't get to grips with the game of rugby union turning professional over 20 years ago but who would have finally come back to win the French Championship last season had covid 19 not intervened. Mark my words, it's in the No.1 sport and in the blood here. It's potentially the biggest rugby club in the world if they ever get their act together. Much bigger than the football team. Huge attendances.

UBB Allez Allez

Just short of 39,000 for this match.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 19:22]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 19:10 - Sep 20 with 224 viewsspell_chekker

The old 33,000 stadium is getting too small and so they've got to play a lot of matches at the 45k football stadium (built for euro 2016).

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 19:12 - Sep 20 with 223 viewsspell_chekker

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 19:15 - Sep 20 with 221 viewsspell_chekker

There you are, I've got to include UBB.

Cultural reasons.

People talk to me about them.

They're important for the town and world domination lies ahead!!!!

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 20:10 - Sep 20 with 212 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Was thinking more about events, rather than following/watching a specific club.

No 6 for me would be Winter Olympics

7 World Athletics Championships

8 European Athletics Championships.

Was like you Spell use to watch everything, Snooker World Championships, Wimbledon Tennis, Ryder Cup and British Open golf, World Series Baseball, FA Cup final Darts World Championships etc.... Don't bother now

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 209 viewsspell_chekker

I've lost interest in the Olympics since they turned pro.

I don't know why, but it doesn't seem the same.

Also, the summer games have been handed to the USA yet again.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 20:30]

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 20:01 - Sep 25 with 182 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Only Paris and LA bid for the 2024 and 2028 Summer Olympics.

Olympics have always allowed professional sports, Football and Cycling being the two obvious ones. It's up to the individual sports associations to decide the criteria of who's eligible to compete at an Olympics.

Just spotted Bristol are playing your Bordeaux Bègles tonight.

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 22:21 - Sep 25 with 175 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

1. Summer Olympics
2. World Athletics
3. European mixed format (as 2018)
4. Tour de France
5. Open Golf (when it was on terrestrial)

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 10:56 - Sep 26 with 153 viewsImperial

Only two missing from the above lists for me.

1. the tour de Yorkshire

2. the British grand prix

Your top five must watch sporting occasions on 16:20 - Sep 26 with 140 viewsspell_chekker

Can a Lords' Test Match be counted as a sporting occasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024