Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Garbutt 10:29 - Sep 22 with 355 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool FC is pleased to announce the signing of Luke Garbutt on a 12 month contract.

Garbutt, 27, joins the Seasiders on a free transfer after leaving boyhood club Everton in the summer. The left sided player joined the Toffees in 2009, rising through their academy to go on and represent their first team.

The former England U21 player also brings a wealth of EFL experience with him to Bloomfield Road having made over 100 loan appearances for various clubs, most recently with Ipswich Town.

On signing for Blackpool, Garbutt said:

“I’m pleased to be here and looking forward to working under Neil Critchley.

“I really like what the Head Coach had to say when I spoke to him a few days ago, and he was a big factor in my move here. He’s spent the last few years at Liverpool and developed players really well, so I’m looking forward to what the future brings here.

“There’s big plans for this football club and I’m hopeful I can be a big part of what’s to come this season.”

Neil Critchley added:

“I’m delighted Luke has joined us for the upcoming season.

“He will bring experience to a youthful group, and he knows this division well having enjoyed a really successful season in League One last year.

“The fact he has chosen Blackpool over a number of other interested clubs, is a sign of how well the Club is progressing.

“During my conversations with Luke, I felt his desire to come to Blackpool. I very much look forward to working with him, as he will be a vital member of our squad this season.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/garbutt-signs-for-blackpool/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Luke Garbutt on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 353 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Luke Samuel Garbutt
Date of birth 21 May 1993 (age 27)
Place of birth Harrogate, England
Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)[2]
Playing position(s) Left back / Winger

Nicked from wiki

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Luke Garbutt on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 346 viewsspell_chekker

A bit surprised that we've signed a left back.

Are Husband's days numbered?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Luke Garbutt on 11:17 - Sep 22 with 344 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Luke Garbutt on 11:17 - Sep 22 with 343 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt on 11:21 - Sep 22 with 342 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt Characteristics

+ Strengths +
Crossing: Very Strong
Taking set-pieces: Very Strong
Direct free-kicks: Strong
Long shots: Strong
Holding on to the ball: Strong
Passing: Strong
Through balls: Strong
Blocking the ball: Strong

- Weaknesses -
Tackling: Weak
Concentration: Weak

Luke Garbutt's Style of Play
Likes to shoot from distance
Plays the ball off the ground often
Likes to cross

Luke Garbutt on 11:26 - Sep 22 with 339 viewsspell_chekker

Only a 12th month contract without, it would seem, an option - What does this mean?

A sneaking suspicion that it's on his terms in that he's not broken through at Everton and is a very good player who's been left high and dry for the moment because of Covid and hopes to get a good contract when things settle down next year - therefore he doesn't want to be tied down to us on L1 salary cap wages.

Looking at his pedigree we could have got a good 'un.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:34]

Luke Garbutt on 11:28 - Sep 22 with 337 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt on 11:29 - Sep 22 with 336 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 333 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Can't think of many players (if any), that stay at a PL club until they are 27, yet only play 5 games in 11 years.

Husband to left CB maybe? It's where NC has played him pre season. Also we don't really know how bad his injury is.

Same with Kaikai, his days could be numbered if Garbutt is seen by NC as a left sided winger.

Luke Garbutt on 11:47 - Sep 22 with 325 viewsspell_chekker

This is the only way I can see him fitting in to the team.

Kaikai to go out soon. Virtue too. They both had 'the same' injury that kept them out of the squad on Saturday - Critchley didn't specify what the injury was.

This clears the decks for at couple of right backs, a centre half, and a centre forward.

Maxwell
Turton Ekpiteta Husband / Nottingham Mitchell
Robson
Ward Garbutt
Hamilton Yates Anderson

Just the right back and left centre back positions to nail down now.

Luke Garbutt on 13:10 - Sep 22 with 318 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt on 13:20 - Sep 22 with 315 viewsspell_chekker

Husband at LCH is a possibility. As we all know, he'd be the ideal player there but for his lack of height.

Garbutt to play further forward.

LCH to be recruited.

Husband as cover at left back and left centre half.

This leads me to think about Thorniley now. He could be for the door along with mysteriously injured of Kaikai and Virtue (mysterious injuries in the way of a similar, non specified injury that MacDonald had before going to Tranmere).

All wild speculation of course.

Luke Garbutt on 14:43 - Sep 22 with 310 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt profile from UTMP:

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/09/22/transfer-insight-luke-garbutt/

Luke Garbutt on 15:20 - Sep 22 with 307 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Luke Garbutt on 10:31 - Sep 23 with 291 viewsspell_chekker

Luke Garbutt on 11:48 - Oct 3 with 276 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Luke Garbutt on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 261 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024