Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Karl 13:46 - Sep 26 with 1261 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Are you on YouTube now?

More sightings than Clive!

Hey Karl on 14:23 - Sep 26 with 1212 viewsenfieldargh

Arsenal v Wasps?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Hey Karl on 22:23 - Sep 26 with 1110 viewskarl

Haha, yes that was us.
Big step up playing Highland League champions, lost 3-0 but pleased with how team played even though possession was probably 80:20, they're preparing to play Dundee and Hibs within the next fortnight so does show a level we were up against.
I set a target of being competitive till the 60 minute mark, we were unlucky with a bad bounce for the first goal on roughly 37 mins after defending the breakaway quite well, getting to half time 0-0 would have been very good but wasn't to be. Goals 2 & 3 were about 57 and 60 mins, we were 3 mins short!
Good thing is made 4 more subs and didn't concede, was pleased for them as not many appearances between those boys.
Travelled with a couple of players missing but that's not unusual for any amateur team, that was our first game for just over 12 months so just delighted to be playing again.
We've got Wick Academy away next week and Shetland due in Orkney on October 17th, thats what we're warming up for. Hopefully all goes to plan and we can get these games played, we've followed all the guidance of training in 3 household groups, 5 households, then contact training and thankfully our first game today.
The difference in the lads during that time from arriving overweight and a bit out of sorts after lock down to competing as they did today was great and made it worth it, beating Shetland would put the cap on it!

I've got no escape from WrightUp, I'm sure he blew the Boris story too😀
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 22:25]

Hey Karl on 22:47 - Sep 26 with 1078 viewsWrightUp5hit___

It's the Sutherland connection!

Wick Academy, that's an awful cold ground. Trivia, the stand used to be Inverness Thistles before being taken north. Not many folk remember that now, but Grandad used to play for Thistle.

Hey Karl on 23:07 - Sep 26 with 1052 viewskarl

Good facts!
I'll remember that for a bit of chat next week😀
Inverness region was a great Highland league area, my parents lived in Dingwall for a while in the 80s so watched Ross County play all 3 Inverness teams in front of good crowds of 1500-3000, good football and mixed crowds.
Interestingly none of the first choice Brora players are from the town or surrounding area apart from one in Helmsdale (right on the Caithness border for those who don't know!) one from Orkney, the no 2, who trained with us as well and the majority from Inverness. Before Covid they were strong financially and attracted quite a few players from full time football, the likes of Stranraer and Annan won't look forward to them joining the SPFL ranks and the long drive up the A9
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024