Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 2: The Return 08:05 - Oct 29 with 3092 viewsspell_chekker

Lockdown 2 starts tomorrow.

According to Worldometers, there were nearly 36,437 new cases and 244 deaths of the coronavirus reported in France yesterday.

24,701 new and 310 dead in the UK.

It's a lot, too many, and the figures are increasing.

One opinion I've heard is that 'it's only old people who are dying'. Disgusting.

The initial period of confinement is 1 month but it's likely to be extended to 8 or 12 weeks.Have the government waited too lo,g and let the virus propagate before implementing strict measures to control it?

If, for example, action had been taken when there were 15k daily new cases + 50 deaths, it would've been easier to contain the spread.

It gives me a heavy heart to go into a bleak winter lockdown. I don't want to do it but we all have a collective responsibility to stop others from getting sick and dying.

Lockdown's a crap measure to take but it's got to be done. At the moment there is nothing else.

I'll do my best to get some last minute preparations (panic buying) done today.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown 2: The Return on 18:59 - Nov 28 with 531 viewsspell_chekker

He doesn't know what he's talking about Red.

Maybe he's on about Yarrkshire.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 19:02 - Nov 28 with 529 viewsspell_chekker

Normal shops were re-open today for the first time.

After doing the weekly food shop, we wanted to go and have a browse around and stock up on one or two bits and bobs that have been closed down during lockdown.

We did a U turn.

Carnage and bloodletting in the retail zone.

I believe it's all more urbaine and civil in London. I might consider relocating.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 19:17]

Lockdown 2: The Return on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 518 viewsspudgun

We don`t have `retail zones` Over Wyre, but Mrs Foster`s farm shop had a big potato delivery by the looks of it. Lots of bags outside when I passed this morning - didn`t stop as we`ve still got half a bag.

And no bloodletting....not until the next pink moon....
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 20:09]

Lockdown 2: The Return on 23:13 - Nov 28 with 507 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't know about urbane and civil. But we do have personal shoppers, which does tend to ease the strain.

Plus, with the lockdown, moving around on the sedan chair is easier. It's just getting Nubian slaves who can stay infection-free for more than a month at a time that tends to be the issue.

Some of you lot have no idea.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown 2: The Return on 20:11 - Nov 29 with 485 viewsspudgun

Sedan chairs are soooo nouveau riche and passe in the north...

Lockdown 2: The Return on 20:24 - Nov 29 with 481 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"Nubian slaves" You just know that Karl tried to sign a few during his "Riga revolution"

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown 2: The Return on 21:01 - Nov 29 with 478 viewsspell_chekker

Another week is beginning.

Work will be the same for me: a mixture of 50% Teams and 50% normal.

Ive had to modify my Sunday club behaviour to adapt to this working from home bull.

OK, I've done this all my life, so no problem, I'll continue as will those liKe Me.

It's just that I feeL in fact I know, that other people are swinging the lead.

Covid or not, I'm off to work tomorrow.

No choice.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 10:01 - Dec 4 with 463 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Time to roll your sleeves up Spell

Covid-19 vaccine will be free of charge, 1 million inoculations set for January, French PM says

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20201203-french-pm-castex-announces-covid-19-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown 2: The Return on 11:11 - Dec 4 with 455 viewsspell_chekker

Any volunteers?

Please take one step backward!!

Lockdown 2: The Return on 11:23 - Dec 4 with 450 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Very quiet in Lewisham this morning, but the weather probably has a lot to do with it. No issues with supplies (that, thankfully, was a very short-lived thing in the beginning) or queues.

Public transport is allegedly getting busier, but if you avoid peak hours it is generally very quiet still. Not much of a Christmas rush in evidence yet.

In less promising news, the Nubian Slaves are talking about forming a union.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 12:14 - Dec 4 with 437 viewsspudgun

I like the assonance of Nubian union.

Nubians colludin` to construct a union
Would be a conclusion less than amusin`
In Lewi-sham...

Written in the style of the Pritster...

Lockdown 2: The Return on 12:49 - Dec 4 with 434 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

More like :

"What do we want?"

"Four hours sleep."

"When do we want it?"

"Every day".

Lockdown 2: The Return on 14:00 - Dec 4 with 427 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

And a vision appeared to the slaves and said "follow my signs, and I will lead you to the promised land"

So after 40 years travelling north, they took a wrong turning, and ended up having to form The Yorkshire Seasiders

(Abridged version taken from The Book of Robbie 2:14)

Lockdown 2: The Return on 14:28 - Dec 4 with 424 viewsspudgun

Some slaves really have no concept of "compassionate Conservatism".

As for gratitude...

Lockdown 2: The Return on 19:11 - Dec 4 with 419 viewsspell_chekker

Are jabs going to be compulsory?

Lockdown 2: The Return on 19:31 - Dec 4 with 418 viewsspudgun

I imagine not.

The government has said as much...

Lockdown 2: The Return on 19:54 - Dec 4 with 411 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I initially read that as "Are Japs going to be compulsory?"

I'd resist that strongly if it was ever proposed. The colour clash with the sedan chair would be ghastly, and really quite offensive aesthetically.

And, for the record, I think my management style marks the return of enlightened despotism.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 05:32 - Dec 10 with 383 viewsspell_chekker

We're supposed to be finishing our lockdown on 15th December but I'm now wondering if that's going to be the case.

The current number of new daily cases seems to be levelling out at between 10k - 15k and the lockdown is due to end on condition that this figure was inferior to 5k.

It's already the 10th. Not going to happen, is it?

Lockdown 2: The Return on 17:49 - Dec 10 with 363 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think there's a review of which areas are in which tiers on the 16th here. Doubt much will change though.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 18:42 - Dec 10 with 357 viewsspudgun

Looks like London may possibly be going into tier 3...

Lockdown 2: The Return on 21:26 - Dec 10 with 344 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

France will delay the reopening of cultural venues and introduce a night-time curfew as it struggles to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Prime Minister Jean Castex said the infection rates were not falling as fast as the government had hoped after a lockdown was imposed in late October.

A stay-at-home order will be lifted as planned on 15 December, when the daily 20:00-06:00 curfew will begin.

The measure will not be waived on New Year's Eve, to prevent big gatherings.

The government had conditioned the easing of restrictions on the number of new cases falling to around 5,000 a day. But that number remains well above 10,000 - on Thursday, there were 13,750 infections.

"We aren't yet at the end of this second wave, and we won't reach the objectives we had set for 15 December," Mr Castex told a news conference. "We can't let down our guard. We have to stay focused, and find our way through the next few weeks with lots of vigilance."

Museums, cinemas and theatres as well as sports venues, which were expected to reopen on Tuesday, will remain closed for an extra three weeks.

The decision was criticised by some in the cultural world, with actor and director Phillipe Lellouche telling BFM TV: "We're tired of not being given more consideration. Once more culture is being left on the side of the road."

Mr Castex has also announced that:

People will again be allowed to travel across the country

The curfew will start an hour earlier than previously planned and will be waived for Christmas Eve

Families are allowed to celebrate Christmas but with no more than six adults together

The night-time curfew will not be lifted on 31 December as initially announced because the date has "all the ingredients for a rebound" of the virus

Bars and restaurants will remain closed at least until 20 January. Some non-essential shops had already reopened on 28 November.

France has confirmed more than 2.3 million cases and nearly 57,000 deaths since the start of the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55266332

Spud

If the view about London is the same within Government as it was in the spring, then I doubt it.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 15:56 - Dec 14 with 327 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

London to move into tier 3 as infections rise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55306928

Lockdown 2: The Return on 17:15 - Dec 14 with 318 viewsspell_chekker

Despite not reaching the target of less than 5,000 new cases each day, our lockdown's finishing tomorrow.

It's being replaced by a curfew.

Vaccines are arriving but, all the same, expect infection levels to rocket in the new year.

Lockdown 2: The Return on 18:00 - Dec 14 with 317 viewsspudgun

You happy with that spell?

Lockdown 2: The Return on 18:16 - Dec 14 with 315 viewsspell_chekker

I understand the economy can't be left to drift.

Just how near, or far, is the fabric of society from full meltdown?

How much longer can countries maintain the services we all rely on when there's limited commercial activity?

We don't know the answers to either of these questions and therefore, in turn, it's difficult to answer yours, Spud.

Our societies are worth taking risks for, but how much danger are they in?

On a different level, I'd say the second lockdown was a half hearted effort. The new scenario tomorrow won't be much different, it's not really a relaxing of measures. Restaurants and gyms etc still closed, lots of people will be working from home, plus there'll be a curfew. I think the curfew will be easier to enforce than a botch job of a lockdown.

Daily new cases here have stabalised ar between 10k - 15k. It's telephone numbers but under the new circumstances I don't think it'll rise much higher - remember that before we were at an eye watering 50k + new cases per day. The new circumstances will hopefully stop that from happening again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024