Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 08:15 - Oct 31 with 7014 viewsspell_chekker

Is Lancaster's match away at Warrington going ahead? (FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round)

Kendal at home to Tadcaster in the league.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Non League on 08:34 - Oct 31 with 2053 viewsspudgun

Not spoke to spudling yet, spell.

Both got to be in doubt with the rain we`ve had, and more expected later. Kendal`s pitch was a quagmire on Tuesday night...

Non League on 10:13 - Oct 31 with 2045 viewsImperial

With the latest covid news I wonder how long it will be before the current season will be abandoned.

Non League on 11:11 - Oct 31 with 2042 viewsspudgun

Young spud told me today that the word is that non league will be going into a 4 week break, Imp.

Non League on 12:04 - Oct 31 with 2037 viewsspell_chekker

Kendal posted this on their twitter page yesterday evening, they're looking for a game next weekend. So I hope Spudlet isn't telling porkies.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Non League on 12:20 - Oct 31 with 2035 viewsspudgun

Contingency stuff, I suppose.

It might be that behind closed doors friendlies are still allowed (probably not).

Of course, young spud may indeed be lying to his dad...

Non League on 17:26 - Oct 31 with 2029 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 17:27 - Oct 31 with 2028 viewsspell_chekker

I think Tadcaster were top of the table:-

Non League on 20:59 - Oct 31 with 2020 viewsspudgun

Tadcaster could have had eight today...

Non League on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 2011 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If non elite football is suspended, how will that impact the FA Cup with 9 non elite teams still left.?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 15:16 - Nov 1 with 2008 viewsspudgun

Special dispensation to play FA Cup only?

Non League on 16:28 - Nov 1 with 2003 viewsspell_chekker

Is that a special dispensation to indiscriminately spread the virus that you're advocating?

Non League on 07:11 - Nov 3 with 1996 viewsspell_chekker

Lancaster playing away in the League at Hyde United tonight.

Lockdown rules to kick in from Thursday onward. There's a possibility of games continuing to be played behind closes doors.

Kendal not in action.

I think that's right

Non League on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 1986 viewsImperial

Surely the experts know where and when we are at most risk of catching the virus by now. Being present a non elite game is no different from walking along the prom.

Non League on 11:10 - Nov 3 with 1984 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Made me laugh/cry last week when Oliver Dowden (Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) said he enjoyed a nice evening at the ballet. Might have been the same night that Arsene Wenger did a Q&A for his book launch with a thousand people at the London Palladium.

Try working that out.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 1981 viewsspudgun

Yep, that`s right, spell.

Still no word on what`s likely to be happening at tier 7 level, although it is classified as `a job` (so young spud says) and therefore may be allowed to continue (behind closed doors, I assume).

Oliver Dowden makes me weep whenever I see his smug supercilious mug on the tv.

Another from the t**t farm...

Non League on 13:40 - Nov 3 with 1976 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

All adult and children's grassroots football is to be suspended in England during the national Covid-19 lockdown.

Restrictions will run from Thursday, 5 November until Wednesday, 2 December.

No men's teams in leagues below National Leagues North or South will be able to train or play and women's competitions below the second-tier Championship are also suspended.

The restrictions also apply to all youth and indoor teams, but lower-league sides can play in the FA Cup.

'Non-elite' teams in this weekend's FA Cup first round will play under 'elite' conditions but will not be able to train after Wednesday, 4 November.

The Football Association will make an announcement on their plans for the FA Trophy, FA Vase, Women's FA Cup and FA Youth Cup in due course.

"Our aim is to ensure that the 2020-21 season is completed at these levels and will liaise with the relevant leagues in the NLS [National League System] and WFP [Women's Football Pyramid] and the County Football Associations to provide support and establish appropriate options to do so if required," an FA statement read.

"Re-starting football at these levels has taken substantial determination and commitment from stakeholders across the game and we would like to thank everyone for their vital contributions.

"However, health and wellbeing remain the priority, so it is extremely important that clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents, carers and facility providers adhere to the UK Government's new national Covid-19 restrictions during this period."

Youth sport limited to schools

There were calls for youth sport to be exempt when the new restrictions come into effect on Thursday.

But Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden confirmed it would only be permitted in school.

"Unfortunately we need to pause grassroots sport outside school to reduce the transmission risk from households mixing," he tweeted.

"As soon as we can resume this, we will."

Elite sport can continue behind closed doors during the lockdown.

Former Wales midfielder Robbie Savage, who coaches a junior team, criticised the decision to suspend children's sport in a series of tweets.

Quoting Dowden's tweet, he said: "Have you or any of your senior government officials been to a grassroots game since lockdown? Do you have any idea what it's like for thousands of grassroots volunteers? Do you know the impact of this decision on youngsters' mental and physical wellbeing?"

Youth Sports Trust chief executive Ali Oliver earlier told BBC Sport that under a quarter of secondary schools do not offer physical education.

"To lose some grassroots clubs will leave us with a legacy of a generation who are inactive and unable to find a way into sport," she said.

Former Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee chair Damian Collins had written to Dowden asking the government to allow youth sport to continue in England after 5 November.

He called on the government to extend the definition of elite sport to include academy players at Premier League clubs and those in development centres such as the England Rugby developing player programme and Sport England's talented athlete scholarship scheme.

"Young people will currently be allowed to continue with sport at school, and we believe that the risks to the spread of the coronavirus from outdoor grassroots youth sport would be minimal," he said, in a letter also signed by former sports ministers Tracey Crouch and Helen Grant.

"There would, however, be clear and lasting benefits for these young people if the government could support this."

Leisure centres and gyms will close, as will other indoor and outdoor leisure facilities.

On Monday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson told the House of Commons that there would be no exemptions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54787598

Non League on 21:53 - Nov 3 with 1970 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 19:31 - Nov 14 with 1933 viewsspudgun

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmpZlycXUAAurHK?format=jpg&name=360x360

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmpZlyWXYA4CfIL?format=jpg&name=large

Online pilates during the week, and monitored one on one intense training sessions today. 30 minute timed runs during week.

Just in case you thought the lads were slacking this month...
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 19:32]

Non League on 19:36 - Nov 14 with 1924 viewsspell_chekker

I like pilates but, because I've got other fitness stuff to do, I don't do it as often as I'd like.

Spudling will be quite flexible by the end of all this lockdown.

Can he get his ankles up behind his ears?

Non League on 19:46 - Nov 14 with 1918 viewsspudgun

Haha!

When he was young and taking football very seriously he was really unsupple so I suggested he did ballet lessons help him (I read that Rio Ferdinand did it) - I think it was the only time he ever swore at me!

Now he can`t get enough of pilates, stretching and such...

Non League on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 1910 viewsspell_chekker

It'll greatly reduce his risk of being injured.

Didn't Ferdinand do it on his mantelpiece, or something?

Non League on 18:58 - Nov 15 with 1906 viewsspudgun

Seem to remember something about a remote and a glass table, but that might be something else.

Anyway young spud never did ballet, but I manged to get my money back on the tutu...

Non League on 16:52 - Nov 18 with 1897 viewsspudgun

The Dollies and the Mintcakes back on December 8th, so I am told today...

Non League on 17:10 - Nov 18 with 1893 viewsspell_chekker

OK, in about 3 weeks.

It's nigh on impossible for the players to stay fit.

Has Spudboy's loan been extended?

Non League on 18:47 - Nov 18 with 1889 viewsspudgun

Not sure where he will be spell, he wants to stay at Kendal for the momemnt.

On the fitness front, you`d be surprised how hard they are training (well he is anyway).

Both Kendal and Lancaster send training programmes which they have to do send back to the club - Monday was a 3km run to be done in under 12 mins 30 secs, today was a 5km.

Last Saturday was an intensive 45 minute one on one with Felly and Lancy (the trainer) where all running speeds and such were monitored and analysed.

At the end of it, young spud said he was one sprint away from throwing up and was leaning over a hoarding coughing when the next player (an older player and a bit of a slacker) walked past.

He said: "Jesus, spud, if they`ve done that to you, think what I`ll be like at the end."

Plus they are given a core strength regime and sprinting stuff.

They take it surprisingly seriously for a bunch of pub cloggers...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024