Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. 12:57 - Nov 10 with 1160 viewsImperial

I want to be excited by this development but it still seems a long way away to me.

I will be the first in any queue for this yet in a recent poll the majority surveyed were still not convinced of the safety of any vaccine.

Will the UK be among the first to use it as is suggested, if so it will be the first time we have been leading from the front.

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 13:26 - Nov 10 with 1154 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

As Churchill once said "It's the end of the beginning". Sodding hope it works. Think it'll be better when the other trials start having success, this one seems a bit tricky to keep (-80c!) and two doses needed 3 weeks apart, if I read it correctly.

The Yanks have first dibs on at least 25m doses of the first 50m, no surprise there as Pfizer are an American multinational, we've got 10m, iirc.

I do remember Russia saying they were rolling out their vaccine in October, that went well?

The safety issue for me will come down to if Pfizer want immunity form prosecution, if their are problems. If they do, then I won't touch it.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 16:44 - Nov 10 with 1151 viewsspudgun

Yep, I`ll have it, but I prefer not to be the first mouse at the trap with this one...

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 19:12 - Nov 10 with 1145 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not in the risk category and I'd rather take my chances by contracting the virus.

Why am I not surprised that Pfizter will be the saviours of the planet?

Perhaps Mr. Mogodon can explain.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 19:13]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 19:20 - Nov 10 with 1139 viewsImperial

There was I thinking Pfizer were being altruistic in developing the vaccine.

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 19:28 - Nov 10 with 1137 viewsspell_chekker

Without doubt, they'll have some of the most adancaced laboratories in he world.

Personally, I'll wait until something has passed all the correct trails in due course and not skipped phases / been fast tracked.

Test it all either in West Yorks or Over Wyre I say.

I'll watch how it goes and then join the party.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 19:46 - Nov 10 with 1136 viewsImperial

I understand Spell. Not North Yorkshire, God's favourite part of his county.

Joking apart I am not sure how these vaccines can be fast tracked safely

Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine-Is this really the beginning of the end for covid. on 20:05 - Nov 10 with 1133 viewsspell_chekker

I'm desperate for things to return to normal.

All the muscles in my back are hyper tense after being on TEAMS all day - again, as usual, 7 hours of that crap today. However, I must be thankful that it wasn't for 8 hours like last Friday.

Human contact needed.

Like never before have I really appreciated how many people died during 2 world wars in order to give me a day off tomorrow.

But I won't be jumping in for one of these fast track fixes - fortunately, I'm just about young and strong enough to be able to bide my time for a bit.

I hope they're good (the vaccines) though. I want lives to be saved.

In the mean time. Thank god that the richest man on the planet and his company Microsoft have heavily invested in TEAMS to make it even shitter for us all to use.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 20:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024