Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? 15:36 - Nov 11 with 3897 viewsTonto

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:37 - Nov 11 with 3894 viewsTonto

Given we have a rival for Landford Christie and the club says its our last chance tk stay jn the Borough.... is it THAT important to you?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:44 - Nov 11 with 3869 viewstoboboly

As we have seen with Wimbledon, Coventry and numerous non-league clubs it is important to stay near your historical routes or you will die off.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:52 - Nov 11 with 3845 viewsfrancisbowles

It is desirable but if it can't be done, then we will need to move somewhere else.

Our home is unfit for purpose and I don't think we could do anything to modernise it, that wouldn't result in it being much smaller than at present.

The other problem is that if we do move out of the borough, where do we go, as land prices are very high almost anywhere commutable from London?

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 16:09 - Nov 11 with 3804 viewsjoe90

I think it would be ideal to stay in Hammersmith & Fulham. If we were to move we would want to move to one of the neighbouring boroughs, any further and it could be a problem.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 13:26 - Nov 12 with 3453 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes really./

Who else is interested?

Remember things are different now to a year ago.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 16:07 - Nov 12 with 3330 viewsDavieQPR

As per the WLS. London Scottish, a Championship rugby club, are interested in building a 15,000 capacity stadium.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 17:36 - Nov 12 with 3245 viewsNorthantsHoop

Maybe it is time to look further out west from LR, within say a 10 mile to 15 mile radius, if the Linford Christie site is not really a runner and no other suitable local site is available.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 18:15]

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 18:09 - Nov 12 with 3212 viewsfrancisbowles

We'd probably end up with a capacity of less than 10k, based on my gut feeling that modern safety restrictions would increase access and exit requirements as well as space between seat rows. Then the financial requirements to increase non match day usage of the stadium would probably further eat in to the space for seating/safe standing.

I'd love it if it was possible but unless someone comes up with some miracle scheme, it's not going to happen.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 18:18 - Nov 12 with 3194 viewsNorthantsHoop

I agree have re-done my post as looked at some of the past club communication on LR as a non runner.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 18:20 - Nov 12 with 3182 viewsfrancisbowles

I agree with your repost. It seems to be the best alternative option.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 19:35 - Nov 12 with 3096 viewsderbyhoop

We all know, however much we don't want to admit it, the Loftus Road is no longer suitable for a Championship level club.
I think it is more important to get a ground that suits where the club wants to be, than being wedded to H&F.
If LCS is not a goer, then why not move out to Ealing, Harrow or Hillingdon?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:14 - Nov 13 with 2870 viewsAntti_Heinola

A question I don't think has been addressed before -

Could we not just dig DOWN at LR?

Just for you, Clive.

Bare bones.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:16 - Nov 13 with 2867 viewsNorthernr

One of my favourite perrennial threads. Always involves Ted Hendrix interjecting about four pages deep with a powerpoint presentation on what a water table is.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:24 - Nov 13 with 2845 viewssmuttsontour

Unpopular opinion:

not give in to the spin and veiled ultimatums of property developer owners trying to cut their losses by selling prime west London land. These people do not give a hoot about the club beyond their investment.

even with an uptick of attendance - we don't fill a 19k capacity stadium.

let's get over the unsustainability point - we're a club/business that gives employees 10k + a week in salary, of course that's not to equate to the Pukka Pie match day revenue.

let's get real - but keep our soul and stay at LR.

#Remain

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:30 - Nov 13 with 2829 viewstoboboly

Maybe we need to build upwards?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 15:35 - Nov 13 with 2816 viewsMickS

digswellhoop?

Soz.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 17:50 - Nov 13 with 2679 viewsqueensparker

If we move to some non-descript part of outer West London like Hillingdon (no offence to Hillingdon) then I reckon it would be all over for me.

I could probably handle in the Acton/Hammersmith/Bush/Harlesden area, maybe Park Royal at a push. No further.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 19:28 - Nov 13 with 2619 viewsQPR_John

We need a new stadium first and foremost for the non match day revenue. It really is simple LR cannot support a successful championship team the income stream is insuffficient.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 19:34 - Nov 13 with 2612 viewskensalriser

It's not essential that we stay in H&F but it is important we don't stray too far. Park Royal would be near enough. I do think LC is the last chance to stay in the immediate area.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 19:52 - Nov 13 with 2600 viewsMickS

Steady on. Hillingdon massive.

You are right though in that it shouldn’t happen.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 20:08 - Nov 13 with 2586 viewsDejR_vu

It’s essential that the club continues to own its stadium, wherever it’s situ

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 20:40 - Nov 13 with 2539 viewsstowmarketrange

If its ok for Ajax,it should be ok for us too.Not sure how the residents would feel about it though.

Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F? on 21:53 - Nov 13 with 2493 viewsDixie_CT

Imperial College are the biggest competition. They want the site for their students to have sports and fitness facilities on their doorstep instead of having to trek all over the place. They already have the Ethos Centre in South Ken but want more, more, More!

IC have massive influence with the local authority, own lots of other land locally and have very deep pockets, deeper than ours.

QPR and IC have been partners for a long time, Harlington, Heston and in the Community but nothing has ever been on a level playing field.

I can’t see anyway the local authority green light us. Really active NIMBYs for Wormwood scrubs and with more power and skills than SWF. We are definitely the ugly sister of the three clubs in H & F, not overly sure why but Chelsea and Fulham’s planning sailed through, yet we have been kept at arms length for what feels like an eternity. Even the majority amount of views given in the consultation from QPR fans are kinda of being diluted as they aren’t from people in the local area.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 21:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024