Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1984,The Days When We Were The Big News 16:22 - Nov 22 with 909 viewsBoston

I should write a book about back then..what, someone's already nicked that title y'say!

Note Hucker's motor.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 16:23]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1984,The Days When We Were The Big News on 20:29 - Nov 22 with 682 viewsHayesender

I thought this was gonna be a thread on George Orwell, covid, and vaccinations

Poll: Shamima Beghum

1984,The Days When We Were The Big News on 00:39 - Nov 23 with 563 viewsBoston

What makes you think it isn't?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1984,The Days When We Were The Big News on 01:57 - Nov 23 with 547 viewsDannyPaddox

I remember that Everton game (mentioned in the clip) quite vividly. A tight game played in the cold sunshine and what with the manager-shenanigans at the Rs and Everton being (deservedly) top of the league it was a point well earned. The most memorable part of the game was a ruck in the centre-circle involving almost every player on the pitch. Hucker seemed the only player not involved and even he felt obliged to sheepishly make his way towards the affray but by the time he got there it had blown over. Once the teeth and handbags had been swept off the ominturf, all was forgotten, and play commenced.

The Revie thing was a moment of Surrealism. He was from another world called the 70s. We were well into the 80s at that point (1984 in fact as the thread-title states).

To put it into context in 1984 we were actually further away from the 70s than we are today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024