Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on tonight's loss 22:48 - Nov 27 with 3227 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12144578/warburton-angered-after-blatant-r

Yeah the foul on Dykes is a straight all day. Very poor decision that. Does seem to happen to us.

Bristol City is going to be tough but they have to go into that one angry and actually play 90 minutes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 22:55 - Nov 27 with 2758 viewsNorthernr

He’s right.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:16 - Nov 27 with 2658 viewsjoolsyp

He is and I like that he's obviously hurting and angry from some of the decisions in that game. We do need to get nastier though.

Hopefully we'll be able to smuggle a few more than 200 fans in to LR when we play them in Feb. Bastard Brentford.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 2603 viewsstainrods_elbow

I see it the other way round - it's a worrying interview for me. Of course he (and Dickie) are right to be (very) aggrieved about the Sorensen professional foul on Dykes, and I hope the club will be making a complaint about the shocking refereeing this evening for what little it's probably worth. It's one reason I enjoy watching football less and less these days, sadly. But I think Warburton is also using his resentment, or perhaps allowing it unconsiously, to take his focus away from the other more pressing deficits in the team that he/they CAN influence: another lamentable piece of non-defending for the winner and a hardly covering-ourselves-in glory display for their lead; our chronic inability to take advantage of set pieces and corners etc. at the other end; and our piss-poor quota of on-target efforts tonight and lack of real goal threat, given our possession, approach play and decent competitiveness for one half at least. He also failed to mention the other Toney goal that was dubiously disallowed and that we were fortunate to be still at 0-1 after Dieng's dumb pass to their player.

All in all, topped off by Kane's stupid dismissal, we were indisputably more architects of our downfall than victims of injustice, and if Warburton can't see that, the club hierarchy should be concerned. I'd say his rant about keyboard warriors is looking more and more telling by the day. He, the players and coaching staff need to man up and have a look at themselves in the mirror with all the foot-shooting they do, rather than pretending to the supporters we did enough to win tonight, even if a draw would probably have been a fair result. Personally, I'm losing confidence in him.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 23:25]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 2605 viewsgazza1

i fail to understand how a referee of that standing can make such an error, even though he is human (apparently).

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:26 - Nov 27 with 2603 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's bang on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:28 - Nov 27 with 2602 viewsnix

Me too. I'm glad he's getting angry. These things obviously turn games. I think Dykes would definitely have scored there. We've seen how good he is running at the goal, one on one with goalies when he's played for Scotland. To compensate their player should have been sent off. Not only does he benefit from playing the 90 minutes, he'll also play in the next Brentford match.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 23:36 - Nov 27 with 2562 viewsted_hendrix

I posted this bolox on some other thread;

We had 9 bloody corners they had 2.
We had 2 shots on target all game they had 6.
The officials tonight were bloody poor but not the reason why we lost.
Every time the oppo whoever they are get a corner or a free kick in our half I still crap myself because defensively we are still poor or at a minimum haven't improved much.
Like it or not I believe we are powder puff up front.
Christ on a bike we've conceded 20 goals so far, we will get nowhere until we address this.
We get into situations whereby we are either drawing or winning but we do not yet have the ability to close the game out apart from hanging on against Rotherham that is.
They scored twice we scored once is the most important stat tonight.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 00:09 - Nov 28 with 2449 viewsSharpy36

They put a little graphic tonight Ted, that said we are first in the league for conceding from, corners, crosses and free kicks. You`re not the only one crapping yourself.
I`d like to think the club get these stats and put in the leg work.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 00:23 - Nov 28 with 2427 viewsHAYESBOY

Hes not wrong. He looks how i feel.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 06:51 - Nov 28 with 2242 viewsDWQPR

You misread the graphic. Brentford were the worst for letting in goals from crosses this season. We were second

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 09:32 - Nov 28 with 1961 viewsCamberleyR

But that's just it, as Clive flagged up in his preview, he's very inexperienced being only in his third season in the Football League.

"As with the Watford game a week ago a fixture you thought may be flagged up as requiring a more tried and trusted referee at this level (not you Stroud) has been handed to a relative newcomer, with Matt Donohue from Manchester just beginning a third season on the league"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 09:57 - Nov 28 with 1898 viewshantssi

Welcome back, miss you when we’re not losing!

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 10:10 - Nov 28 with 1859 viewsWatford_Ranger

If a Rooney or Ben Pearson type is screaming in a ref’s face a millisecond after the foul it’s a red I’m sure.

The one thing he could have possibly thought was that Dykes is heading away from goal as he’s outside the width of the posts but that would be incorrect. More likely he just panicked a bit not really knowing what to do and settled for a yellow as the least controversial option if he was wrong either way.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 10:23 - Nov 28 with 1820 viewscaliforniahoop

All valid points, felt he should have reacted to their changes sooner, he didn’t use his bench, 5 subs and I think he only used 3, this after complaining about fatigue, all that said, happy with the progress being made.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 10:27 - Nov 28 with 1808 viewsDixie_CT

The incompetency of the refs performance isn’t mitigated by the what ifs of open play. People saying it could of been a red but they could of scored from Dieng’s mistake is apples and oranges. That was a red card and I would like to hear his explanation of why it was a yellow not why it wasn’t a sending off.

Pivotal moment that should have been managed better by the officials. There is surely only one question he needed to ask ‘If he didn’t foul him would he have had a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity?’

My 11 year old lad also made a good point, why was Dom Ball booked for slamming the ball into the ground when in the first half the Brentford player screamed Fu ck at the lino then repeated it to the ref?
Sky even apologised for the audible swearing at officials. Both visible signs of frustration towards the officials decisions yet slamming an inanimate object into the earth is worse than screaming a directly at not one yet two officials.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 10:41 - Nov 28 with 1757 viewsgazza1

He is a football league referee.....he has officiated thousands of times at all levels. Mistakes like that should never happen. It is as clear as day - last man fouled a player and stopped a goal scoring opportunity. Simple choice, ie none apart from a red card. It is sheer incompetence. I would like to hear his reasons why he did not give a red card but we never will.

Nothing to do with inexperience.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 11:02 - Nov 28 with 1717 viewsmarkqpr

Two bad decisions cost us that game.

First the ref when he gave a yellow instead of a red for the foul on Dykes.

Second when Niko Hämäläinen went to mark Toney at the near post and let him get goal side.

We were excellent in the first half though but let down by management in the second who couldn't cope with Brentford's changes.

Up until Kane's moment of stupidity we were still in it, heads didn't drop like before. Our reaction to going one down was excellent and showed belief.

We now need management to step up and improve their in game management as the players showed last night they respond well, we just need a better tactical response to changes during the match.

Overall as a work in progress some significant steps were made last night on the pitch.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 1710 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wasn't it you who wanted Warbs to be different in his interviews the other day? To tell the world how we were going to smash Rotherham? Apols if i got the wrong person.

On Sky Warbs was very honest about the second goal - 'he didn't get in front of his man and that can't happen, and we need to work on that and make sure it doesn't happen.' He admitted it was a mistake, he admitted we have to work on it, he said it wasn't good enough. Do you want him to stand there and list all our errors in front of a camera?

I still have total confidence in him. We won't get anyone better at this stage, and I've seen a lot of signs in recent games that we're moving forward.

Bare bones.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 11:33 - Nov 28 with 1655 viewsCamberleyR

You seem to think I'm defending him and nothing is further from the truth. He badly fùcked up and when he looks at that incident in the cold light of day he'll know it too.

I was highlighting Clive's point that a lively, televised Championship derby game probably needed a ref with more, for want of a better term, ' big game' experience despite the fact he may reffed thousands of games over twenty odd years.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 11:52 - Nov 28 with 1596 viewsstevec

Warbs goes on about Kane’s sending off, because their bench shouted louder, well how about shouting louder than them?

MW comes across as a nice bloke, maybe too nice. His team are nice players, we’re nice to refs, we don’t shout and complain, we don’t get in his ear about every decision. There is literally no nastiness out there and that’s how we get done on dead ball situations. It’s how Jonson comes on, out rattles Dykes and has him in his pocket all second half. Why Toney walks about like he owns the place and Niko stands off.

I like MW, I like his football, but I don’t like to see my team getting the piss taken out of them.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 11:54 - Nov 28 with 1593 viewsRangers67

Warburton is right, a sending off which is what it should have been fundamentally changers the game and there is little doubt in my mind we go on to win that game. The Kane incident is irrelevant as when he is in the team it is like playing with ten men anyway. Barbet last week Dykes this, Grant Halls shirt almost being pulled of his back last season diesctly in front of the ref , it all shows either incompetence or bias. Either way until refs are made accountable it is going to go on.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 12:04 - Nov 28 with 1547 viewsDWQPR

An additional point about Kane’s second red. Both players went in with a high knee, Lane actually made contact with the ball before he made contact with their player who had by then turned away from Kane. Now Villa had a penalty disallowed last week after it was originally given as the defender had actually made contact with the ball first before taking out the Brighton forward so therefore on that basis a free kick should never have been awarded let alone a second yellow.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 12:06 - Nov 28 with 1538 viewsdistortR

tbh, i looked at the bench and didn't really see options in the areas we needed.
That's not a criticism, it's what you get for adhering to ffp,basically.

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 13:51 - Nov 28 with 1422 viewsNorthantsHoop

Agree with you on this, signs are positive and we are starting to move forward. Take last 3 games, strong performance against Watford (promotion favourites) and could have won it. Beat Rotherham, which we should do, but in past might have lost it, gave Brentford a decent game at last, could easily of nicked a draw, when usually it is all over by half time at their place.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 13:51]

Gaffer on tonight's loss on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 1248 viewsstainrods_elbow

Notwithstanding my more rounded post, spot on! The ref was incompetent, bent/biased, or both, and shockingly inept and inconsistent at best. Probably one reason why Im not managing QPR is I'd have decked him in the dressing room after a performance like that.

Is there any recourse for fans to complain to the EFL after this kind of insult to the game's intelligence, or do they just get away with it week after week? If I turned in work like that to my senior editors, I'd be terminated quicker than a Bonne offside call. Sadly, this is football, where managers are paid off for failure, and officials have about as much effective professional supervision as Jimmy Savile.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024