Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 18:43 - Feb 6 with 16832 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dropped two balls today and he was still excellent.

Our best goalie since Seaman?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng on 18:47 - Feb 6 with 4705 viewsW7Ranger

Paddy Kenny weren't too shabby Brian to be fair.

Dieng on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 4675 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bit early for that, Camp and Smithies were good for us too - DIeng could end up being best since Seaman but lot for him to do before we can say that, been a great start for him at Rangers though no doubt about that.

Dieng on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 4642 viewsBrianMcCarthy

True, but not great in the air. I think Dieng is better rounded (sorry, Paddy, that wasn't a dig!)

Dieng on 18:55 - Feb 6 with 4634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies is the one I'm not sure about. I think he's better than Camp though.

Dieng on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 4610 viewsTGRRRSSS

I said good for us - not that they were world class.

Too early for me with Dieng, in part because he's not playing in front of crowds etc atm, which will be something he's got to deal with later (hopefully) and that will present it's own challenges I guess which the players haven't really had (2K doesn't really count when mostly along way off) since original lockdown in March 2020.

Dieng on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 4603 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sound. Good point about the crowds.

Dieng on 19:01 - Feb 6 with 4578 viewsbakerloo8

Look at the length of his arms 😱😱

Yeh hes top class. Probably gone in the summer but we will get good money for him.
Hopefully whoever scouted him can find Dieng mk2.

Dieng on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 4561 viewsbakerloo8

Btw hes miles better than Camp, and Paddy was amazing but couldn't take the high ball like Seny does.

Best since Seaman is an ask though, Stejskal was also top class 👌

Dieng on 19:14 - Feb 6 with 4512 viewstraininvain

In terms of our more modern keepers, I’d have Kenny ahead of Smithies and Dieng. You don’t keep 20+ clean sheets in a championship season without being a bit special.

Not to say that Dieng can’t edge ahead of them both if he keeps playing like this.

Dieng on 19:17 - Feb 6 with 4475 viewsQPRSteve

Yeah, must not forget Stejskal, my fav keeper after Phil Parkes. According to Wiki there is another Czech GK called Jan Stejskal playing aged 23. I wonder if he is Jan's son? Anyway with a name like that I hope we have scouted him.

Agree that Dieng is looking a wonderful find. I only hope we don't have to sell him soon.

Dieng on 19:18 - Feb 6 with 4476 viewsextratimeR

Steyskal was very good, ( and very consistent) , defenders always knew where he was, and which crosses/balls he would go for.

But Parkes was the best QPR keeper in my time, ( just unlucky that their were so many great keepers around at that time, ( Shilton, Clemence, (Banks at Stoke), watched him play for England, Portugal? at Wembley?

Paddy Kenny was also one of the very best,( and will never forget the save against Leicester at home).

Dieng on 19:18 - Feb 6 with 4470 viewsbakerloo8

Not slagging off Pad who was great for us and I was there ever week for the promotion season.

But Dieng is a better keeper, maybe not a better stopper (where Pad excells) but overall better, and far better in the air.

It's hard comparing players in different eras and teams, the 2011 squad was miles above the 2021 version, Gorkks and Matt Connolly were amazing and we have noone anywhere near Sean Derry in regards of midfield screening.
Pad was great and should be remembered as such, but as standalone keepers Seny is better 👌

Dieng on 19:20 - Feb 6 with 4461 viewsted_hendrix

In our promotion year we'd take the lead and more often as not a few minutes later Paddy Kenny would pull off a fabulous save and keep us in front and yes the rest was as they say history.

I've a huge amount of time and respect for Paddy Kenny's goalkeeping.

"By f ucking heck"
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 19:22]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dieng on 19:28 - Feb 6 with 4411 viewsCamberleyR

Phil Parkes' only cap WAS against Portugal but it was in Lisbon. Sir Alf Ramsey's last match. Stan made his debut that night as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dieng on 19:35 - Feb 6 with 4358 viewsqpr_1968

this was the first time i see dieng play.....think we played 3 keepers that day.
easy the best of the 3

hottest day of the year. same day england played in the quarter finals of the world cup.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Dieng on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 4332 viewsgazza1

He has a long long way to start comparing him with some of the names mentioned on this thread.

My line and view is that he has made a very good start to his QPR first team career and improved the defence by his confidence and good displays.

Dieng on 19:39 - Feb 6 with 4319 viewshoops_legend

Wait until he makes a mistake and we all jump on his back to dent his confidence as we have done with all our keepers.

It's then how he bounces back...

I like him!

Dieng on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 4315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair point, but we're just talking about talent here, not careers.

Dieng on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 4301 viewsGloucs_R

Since Seaman, here would be my picks...

Stejskal
Smithies
Dieng
Kenny
Camp
Cerny
Green
Day
Sommer
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 19:44]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dieng on 19:45 - Feb 6 with 4270 viewsgazza1

The goalkeepers spoken about had plenty of talent and that lasted over a few years, not half a season.

Seaman, Parkes, Springett(s), etc, etc.......I hope he gets to their standards.

Dieng on 19:52 - Feb 6 with 4234 viewsNorthernr

Come on mate, he’s great, he may yet be a great, but Kenny was unbelievable and won a promotion here.

Dieng on 19:54 - Feb 6 with 4223 viewsW7Ranger

Not to mention playing a huge part in helping us stay up the following year season!

Dieng on 19:58 - Feb 6 with 4204 viewsaston_hoop

Best since Smithies for me so far, but I loved Smithies so I may be biased. Its just Dieng is so calm, for the first time since Smithies, I dont lose a month of life every time a ball goes into the box. I even expect him to deal with most things these days. Not too dissimilar in a way to the way I just expected Eze to run rings around teams last year.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dieng on 20:01 - Feb 6 with 4181 viewsbakerloo8

Not who done more for QPR but who is a better keeper. And that's Dieng for me, who will probably go for 8-10m in the summer. Paddy was released for free if I remember rightly.

........Not that I'd ever slag Pad as I've mentioned earlier in the thread.

Dieng on 20:01 - Feb 6 with 4184 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Again, I'm just chatting about talent. Put it this way - who would you buy now, Dieng or 2011 Kenny?

Both are similar in most facets, except for two main things - Kenny has the track record of being a winner which Dieng hasn't as of now, Dieng has the aerial game that Kenny never had.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024