Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin Substitutions 13:16 - Feb 8 with 3067 viewsMole_Senior

Apologies if this has been covered already, but what are the views on him constantly being hauled off around the 75/80 minute mark?

I completely understood it early on as he was finding 'match fitness' but surely 5-6 games in now he should be lasting 90 minutes? I was pulling my hair out when he went off vs. Cardiff and then Watford, but thankfully that turned out to be a lucky turn, and then vs. Blackburn on Saturday when Dykes was clearly the man to make way, he went off again!

I worry this could bite us on the proverbial soon when we're desperate for a last minute goal

Austin Substitutions on 13:23 - Feb 8 with 3039 viewswestberksr

well it hasn't really backfired yet and i'd rather manage his general fitness like this than overdo it and a hamstring sidelines him for 2 months.

a pair of fresh legs when oppo getting tired and someone that can utilise a 'free' yellow or two helps preserve him for the majority of every game.

Austin Substitutions on 13:30 - Feb 8 with 3009 viewsfrancisbowles

He last played 90 mins for WBA, in the FA Cup in May. Prior to that it was October 2019.

So, he is doing well lasting up to 80 mins. He is an older pro, with an injury record, not our player and we need to manage his fitness carefully.

Fatigued players are more likely to pick up injuries and on Saturday we commence a programme of of three games in eight days for eleven matches through to the end of March. We need to keep him fit.

Austin Substitutions on 16:05 - Feb 8 with 2817 viewsdaveB

makes sense really to ease him in, i didn;t think he had a great game at the weekend so thought it was the right call to take him off

Austin Substitutions on 16:32 - Feb 8 with 2708 viewsMyke

Personally, I think we should have signed Glen Murray instead

Austin Substitutions on 16:40 - Feb 8 with 2692 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think Warbs sets a lot of store in listening to his medical team with regards to minutes on the pitch. I thought in a couple of games I'd have played Charlie for the final 10, but actually so far the subs have worked well. Touch wood!

Bare bones.

Austin Substitutions on 16:43 - Feb 8 with 2663 viewsbakerloo8

We dont need Charlie injured as he is integral to us, so managing his minutes regarding fitness is the way to go for now.

Austin Substitutions on 18:28 - Feb 8 with 2519 viewsrsonist

Couple goals on his debut, can't knock it.

Austin Substitutions on 19:32 - Feb 8 with 2374 viewsNorthantsHoop

Playing him just the right way, on from the start get 2/3rds of game out of him with a goal or two if poss. Need to look after his fitness, which he looks like he is regaining, as he looked really out of condition at WBA.

Austin Substitutions on 20:03 - Feb 8 with 2294 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Austin Substitutions on 09:52 - Feb 9 with 2013 viewsrobith

Losing 1 game cos Charlie came off early >>>>>> Losing Charlie

Austin Substitutions on 15:29 - Feb 9 with 1831 viewsgazza1

He is being managed very well in terms of fitness and how he is playing......

Austin Substitutions on 23:54 - Feb 9 with 1655 viewstimcocking

Quite ridiculous. The propensity of Warburton to keep Dykes and Bonne out there no matter what and the steadfast refusal to play Adomah no matter what are astonishing.

If we keep winning, no problem, but absolutely crazy.

Austin Substitutions on 00:36 - Feb 10 with 1629 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Love the honesty and the energy from Charlie .Coming on as a sub at WBA was not giving him any enjoyment but the chance to play for us energized him and to be honest the entire club and supporters .
Plus there is that little nugget of maybe coming back full time after the season .
Its a feel good story hope it continues and he stays healthy a good guy for sure

Austin Substitutions on 01:40 - Feb 10 with 1617 viewsSydneyRs

I would say that someone who has barely played for ages absolutely needs to be managed carefully in terms of match fitness. We could always go back to the McLaren method of flogging the players to death of course.

Austin has already been of huge benefit and will be even more so if we can keep him playing and improve his match fitness. In my view we have been spot on with this so far. The last thing we need is overstretching him and him getting an injury that might mean that's it for the season.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 5:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024