Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Lockdown 16:28 - Feb 22 with 362 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid-19 lockdown: Up to 10,000 fans to return to stadia by mid-May

Up to 10,000 fans could be back in stadia by mid-May as part of the government's plans to move England out of lockdown.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a four-part plan to lift the coronavirus lockdown.

Outdoor sports including football, golf and tennis will be allowed to resume in England from 29 March.

The plan to ease lockdown requires four tests on vaccines, infection rates and new coronavirus variants to be met.

"The turnstiles of our sports stadia will once again rotate," said Johnson.

Leisure centres, gyms and swimming pools can open from 12 April.

Venues such as gyms, tennis courts and golf courses have been closed across England since lockdown was announced on 4 January.

In Scotland, outdoor non-contact sports like golf and tennis are currently permitted and the government hopes to publish a route out of lockdown in the coming week.

Under Wales' current restrictions, sport and leisure facilities are closed but up to four people from two different households can meet to exercise outdoors.

First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced minor easing of restrictions and said he hopes the "stay-at-home" requirement can end within three weeks.

Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are closed in Northern Ireland, where lockdown has been extended until 1 April, with a review of current measures on 18 March

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56151863

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

End of Lockdown on 17:45 - Feb 22 with 354 viewsspell_chekker

Logical.

The virus has difficulty surviving the summer months, the vaccine is kicking in, and a fair few are naturally immune as they've already caught it.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

End of Lockdown on 16:04 - Apr 12 with 324 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid lockdown eases: 'Sense of celebration' as pubs and shops reopen

For the first time in months, pub gardens, shops and hairdressers are reopening in England, as rules are also eased in the rest of the UK.

Some pubs and salons opened at midnight, with one landlord saying there was a "sense of celebration", and shoppers queued outside Primark stores.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has urged everyone to "behave responsibly".

Northern Ireland's "stay-at-home" order is ending and some rules are also being relaxed in Scotland and Wales.

The PM had planned to have a celebratory pint to mark the measures easing, but that has been postponed following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh on Friday.

Snow showers and chilly temperatures in parts of southern England appeared to do little to dampen enthusiasm for outdoor pints or early-morning queuing for shops and salons.

Nicholas Hair, landlord and owner of the Kentish Belle pub in Bexleyheath, south-east London, said there was a "sense of celebration" in the early hours of Monday as it opened to midnight customers.

"I'm hoping that this is a sort of rebirth, and that we are reopen for the foreseeable," he said.

In Coventry, hundreds of people queued outside the Oak Inn for its midnight opening. Owner Darren Lee said they served 260 customers, but turned 300 to 400 people away.

Marika Smith, general manager of Hough End Leisure Centre, Withington, Manchester, said all of their swimming times were already fully booked on Monday.

Kelly Boad, owner of the Hair & Beauty Gallery in Warwick, opened her salon at midnight for a symbolic "first cut" of 2021, adding she is fully booked for the first few weeks.

Another business that reopened at midnight in England was Secret Spa, which offers at-home salon and spa treatments in London, Manchester and Brighton.

Co-owner Emily Ewart-Perks said it had "been such a long time coming", saying: "Everyone has really missed the social contact of the day-to-day job and making clients happy."

She said they have experienced a "surge of bookings", including "a lot of 6am haircuts".

Shoppers rushed back to the High Street, as queues formed outside branches of Primark, JD Sports and TK Maxx and retailers extended their opening hours.

The rule changes in England from Monday include:

All shops can reopen
Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open

Restaurants and pubs are allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors

Gyms, spas, zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres can all open

Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation

Non-essential journeys between England and Wales are allowed

Up to 15 people can attend weddings and 30 can attend funerals

Children can attend any indoor children's activity

Care home visitors will increase to two per resident

Driving lessons can resume, with tests restarting on 22 April

But the British Beer and Pub Association has estimated that only 40% of licensed premises have the space to reopen for outdoor service.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56710858

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

End of Lockdown on 18:54 - Apr 12 with 312 viewsspell_chekker

Still locked down here. You're taunting me.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

End of Lockdown on 19:32 - Apr 12 with 309 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Government guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-c

End of Lockdown on 12:31 - May 1 with 297 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Clubbers' joy at returning to the dance floor in Liverpool

"It feels surreal," said DJ Jayda G as clubbers returned to the dance floor for the first time since the pandemic began.

About 3,000 people with negative Covid test results attended the Liverpool event on Friday, part of the government's pilot on mass events.

The clubbers did not have to wear face coverings or social distance for the first time since lockdown.

"I went in and I was like, oh my goodness, there are people and they're together and they're dancing and they're smiling and this is actually happening," said Jayda.

"You can feel it, like big energy."

Liverpool University student Elliott Cause, 20, said: "I feel like this is a big moment for the UK. I feel like university students have been struggling without this. I feel like this will do a lot."

Some clubbers said they had "spent a week" choosing outfits for the event at the Bramley-Moore Dock warehouse.

One clubber told BBC Radio 5 live: "We're just excited - we're all on the verge of tears ready to go in.

"It was like coronavirus never happened. It's given me hope for the future."

As the evening wound down, another clubber said: "I thought I had my teenage years robbed from me but after that tonight, it was absolutely amazing.

"I think the main feeling within the crowd was that we feel so privileged to actually have been here - so many students across the country haven't been able to experience this."

Event producer Sam Newson said the industry had been "decimated" in the past year.

"People have moved on - I've got colleagues who have lost houses. It has been incredibly hard and so to try and get this back up and running is incredibly important."

Liverpool director of public health Matt Ashton said the club event, which will also run on Saturday, was "crucial" for the local economy.

"In Liverpool, it's over 40% of our economic output. So it's really important we start to get the economy opening again."

He said clubbers who test positive in the next five days would be expected to self-isolate and would be spoken to by contact tracers.

Scientists will use data on crowd movements and air quality to see whether people mixing indoors at mass events will increase coronavirus transmission.

The night was part of the Events Research Programme, which will also see crowds return to the FA Cup final and Sunday's music festival in Liverpool's Sefton Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56956244

End of Lockdown on 20:36 - May 1 with 284 viewsspell_chekker

Mark my words.

Unfortunately, it'll all go sadly wrong.

There'll be something, somehow, somewhere, and you'll be locked down again.

End of Lockdown on 20:49 - May 10 with 271 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson approves England's biggest step back to normal

People in England will be allowed to hug their loved ones and enjoy indoor hospitality from next Monday, the PM has said whilst urging the public to "exercise caution and common sense".

Boris Johnson said it was the "single biggest step" in relaxing restrictions - and people should use good judgment.

Indoor mixing and overnight stays in groups of up to six people or two households will also resume.

Leisure venues such as cinemas, museums and children's play areas will reopen.

Speaking at a Downing Street news conference, Mr Johnson said the further relaxation of England's lockdown would go ahead on 17 May as the government had met its four tests for easing restrictions.

These tests relied on the success of the vaccine rollout, evidence that the jabs were reducing serious illness and death, infection rates remaining under control and the risks from new Covid variants not changing.

The prime minister said the latest data showed deaths and hospitalisations had dropped to their lowest level since last July.

Zero coronavirus deaths were announced in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland on Monday, while Wales recorded four deaths.

More than two-thirds of adults across the UK have now received a coronavirus vaccine, with almost 18 million people having had their second dose.

The UK's four chief medical officers said earlier that the UK's Covid alert level should be lowered from level four to three.

It means that although coronavirus is in general circulation, transmission is no longer high or rising exponentially, so restrictions can be gradually reduced.

Mr Johnson said that all the data supported the latest easing of restrictions, which he said amounted to "a considerable step on the road back to normality".

"And today we're taking a step toward that moment when we learn to live responsibly with Covid, when we cease eventually to rely on detailed government edicts and make our own decisions based on the best scientific advice about how best to protect our families and those around us."

He added that, as part of the latest lockdown easing, the government would update its guidance on close contact between close family and friends shortly.

The advice would explain the risks involved so people could make informed choices, he said.

"This doesn't mean that we can suddenly throw caution to the winds. We all know that close contacts such as hugging is a direct way of transmitting this disease," he said.

"So I urge you to think about the vulnerability of your loved ones."

Social distancing should still be followed when people are not with their friends and family in workplaces, shops, pubs, restaurants and other settings, he said.

What is changing in England on 17 May?

People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors

Six people or two households can meet indoors

Overnight stays will be allowed in groups of up to six people or two households

Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can reopen indoors

Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart

Indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas, bingo halls, sports stadia and children's play areas can reopen

Performances and large events can restart, with limits on audience numbers

Remaining outdoor entertainment, such as outdoor theatres and cinemas can open

Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen

Holidays abroad to green list countries allowed

Up to 30 people can attend weddings and more than 30 can attend funerals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57059988

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024