Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hibernaculums... 11:14 - Feb 28 with 1029 viewsspudgun

Word of the day.

I have to construct four of them as part of a conservation grant.

When the fella told me about them I just nodded knowingly then googled it later...

Hibernaculums... on 18:08 - Feb 28 with 1020 viewsspell_chekker

That's a coincidence.

We've just been thinking about encouraging bats to come and live at our new house so that they can keep the mosquitoes down.

Great word, it will be used frequently here.

By the way, and P.S. and all that. The French translation for 'bat' is 'bald mouse: chauve souris.

A bald mouse:-

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Hibernaculums... on 18:24 - Feb 28 with 1019 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Had to google it, thought it might be some Celtic/Nordic death metal band, or a new Spinal Tap album

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Hibernaculums... on 18:59 - Feb 28 with 1010 viewsspell_chekker

My wife wants one.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Hibernaculums... on 07:46 - Mar 1 with 1001 viewsspudgun

Haha! Bald mouse is ace!

My hibernaculums will be for newts.

Me and Ken Livingstone: newt eco-warriors...

Hibernaculums... on 09:33 - Mar 2 with 988 viewsspell_chekker

I've spent the last couple of days researching ecologically sensitive mosquito traps.

The sort of thing that doesn't kill other insects such as bees and butterflies which are important to our ecosystems.

I've come up with a couple of ideas. One easy, the other a bit more complicated. I'd post the videos on here but they're in French.

One involves manufacturing CO2 while the integral parts of the other are a fan from the inside of a computer and a mobile phone charger.

Eventually, I plan on combining the two methods make a super mosquito zapper.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024