Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 06:06 - Mar 5 with 387 viewsspell_chekker

After playing with such style for the last 2 seasons, winning both the Champions' League and the Prem, they've gone into a kind of full meltdown implosion.

Currently, they're on a run of 5 straight home defeats . There's no way they're going to ginish the season in the top 4.

What's going on?

It's got to be more than just a slump in form or a bit of bad luck / refereeing decisions / things going against you.

Klopp must've lost the plot and the dressing room.

I reckon a sacking is on the cards.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Liverpool on 20:06 - Mar 5 with 363 viewsspudgun

I could write an essay on what I think Liverpool`s problems are at the moment, but it would probably bore you and depress me to write it.

It`s got nothing to do with a slump in form, bad luck, refereeing decisions or Klopp losing the dressing room.

It`s always about the players available and the effect on the system.

As a fan I`ve no problem taking the (comparative) rough with the smooth. It has to happen sometime.

It`s only footy...

Liverpool on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 356 viewsspell_chekker

6 consecutive home defeats now.

It's not normal.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56227460

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Liverpool on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 351 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Looking from the outside, seems like bad injuries, poor signings, lack of squad depth and teams sussing out how to play against their system. Liverpool's full backs not as effected as last season

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Liverpool on 09:23 - Mar 8 with 340 viewsspell_chekker

They haven't made any significant signings since Van Dyke and Allison. Nothing that's impacted on the starting eleven in any case.

The owners are businessmen and won't risk their money.

They've stagnated.

I knew it'd happen.

Liverpool on 10:19 - Mar 8 with 334 viewsspudgun

My best pal is a Man City fan and I told him at Xmas that Liverpool would not be contenders and were riding their luck. Whilst it is no surprise that they have fallen away from the title race, the sheer precipitous nature of the decline is quite staggering.

It is down to a combination of things, but simply the staring XI has not been good enough to service the system that Klopp employs. It is very fine tuned and relies on quick mobile centre halves who are very good when left one on one - due to having very adventurous full-backs who are virtually wingers for large parts of any game.

The midfield has to be very industrious, and has lost Henderson and Fabinho - who were essential to the way the team pressed - and Tiago does not have the energy to fit the system. Jones is a talent, but still young and inexperienced.

The front three are burnt out through the intensity, massive effort and sheer number of games over the last three years.

Liverpool have a relatively thin squad and injuries have undoubtedly played a part; they have had a very good run regarding injuries over the last couple of years so it is just a bit of evening out.

And teams certainly have sussed them out, and if any team in the PL is on its game and a `bigger` team is 5% under then an upset is possible. Liverpool have been more than 5% under for a couple of months.

The football is poor at the moment but Klopp will get it right again, possibly not this season, but probably next. He is too good a manager and fella not to.

And no excuses, every team has to face a downturn at some stage. Nobody had a divine right to win all the time.

Not even Blackpool...

Liverpool on 19:20 - Mar 8 with 327 viewsspell_chekker

Agree about the burn out of Liverpool's front 3.

At least one must be sold.

PROBLEM

The Americans will obviously go for the model of selling Coutinho and buying Van Dyke and Allison. You'll be lucky if it works so spetacularly well a second time. It's not going to happen.

Liverpool must think otherwise and go all out for both Mbappé and HÃ¥land.

If not, it's another 30 years of doom and gloom.

P.S. Disagree about Blackpool. Were on the up. Experiment now and roll on next season.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 19:22]

Liverpool on 03:18 - Mar 9 with 313 viewsspell_chekker

Oh dear, not long now.

The dreaded vote of confidence from the board.

Liverpool on 08:36 - Mar 9 with 304 viewsspudgun

I would hate it if Liverpool bought Mbappe and Haland, spell. Winning is no fun if you just buy all the best players

Much prefer them to buy players like Jota, Firmino, Salah and Mane and improve them.

I don`t really care if LFC win the league ever again as long as they play with style and pride. I am lucky to have chosen them as my team when I was 7 or so (I lived down Mersey Rd as a kid which sealed it), and supporting them is more than about winning. In some ways I prefer them to be the underdog and win against the odds.

The Blackpool comment was tongue-in-cheek and a reference to some the AVFTTers who have a poll whether the manager should go after every other game!

Liverpool on 09:37 - Mar 9 with 303 viewsspell_chekker

As for Blackpool.

I think the current squad is missing 1 key player (when everyone is fit). The spearhead who is the finished article.

Whatever style of 4-3-3 you want (4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2 / whatever).

Keeper - Very Good
Back 4 - Very Good
2 Holding mids - Stewart and Dougal - Very Good
3 Attacking mids - Very Good (Anderson, Yates, Kaikai, Hamilton, Ward, Lubala, etc)
1 Spearhead - Madine (very good but dimebsional and can't run) / Simms (young and inexperienced).

Liverpool on 13:21 - Mar 9 with 297 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"The Blackpool comment was tongue-in-cheek and a reference to some the AVFTTers who have a poll whether the manager should go after every other game!"

Agenda driven bedwetters*

*Copyright Rotts

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Liverpool on 15:05 - Mar 9 with 294 viewsspell_chekker

One glaring omission from Spud's analysis of the current ills of Liverpool is that he hasn't considered that they might be $h1t.

Liverpool on 05:10 - Apr 10 with 252 viewsspell_chekker

Out of Europe now, as near a damn it, after the midweek loss in Madrid.

Not to mention their players being racially abused on twitter.

It's not a happy place to be right now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024