Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 3 20:18 - Mar 31 with 393 viewsspell_chekker

I've not heard the official news yet but a colleague's just rung me to break the news that we're being locked down again.

I wonder what the new set of rules will be and how many forms we'll have to fill out to go to the supermarket.

Hey ho.

Now where did I put that last packet of toilet rolls?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown 3 on 21:50 - Mar 31 with 388 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid: France schools to close under third lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56597319

Not good

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown 3 on 12:11 - Apr 1 with 375 viewsspell_chekker

Just back from the weekly shop at the supermarket.

I hasten to add that, for me, it was the normal weekly shop. As per.

Unfortunately, I had the displeasure of witnessing yet another fully fledged bout of panic buying. Bloodletting in the aisles.

The stock of many items being either already severely depleted or exhausted.

I was lucky enough to have a moment this morning when I could get the shopping done. I pity the poor swine who can only do it at the very last moment on Saturday. The Lord only knows what it'll be like. My guess is it'll be comparable to a rabid stampede.

P.S.

I don't know if all toilet paper or kitchen towels had been snaffled at this early stage because I didn't need those things this week. Therefore, I didn't go to that part of the supermarket.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown 3 on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 365 viewsImperial

I see that Macron has blamed the British for the latest lockdown referencing "the British" covid and Kent variant.

He really does not like the UK.

Lockdown 3 on 20:29 - Apr 2 with 362 viewsspell_chekker

He's playing to the lunatic fringe - who become a more realistic proposition in trying times.

It's a strategy he's shamelessly using to deflect from his own poor judgement.

Macron was warned about the English strain long ago and failed to react until it was too late.

It's pie in the sky, I know, but if only we had Boris running the whole shebang we'd be in good shape.

That's never going to happen though, but at least lend us someone decent to get over this hump please. Shakers and movers like Gove and Farage spring to mind and would soon put us on the right path.

Lockdown 3 on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 361 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Working on Good Friday and a 7pm curfew, sounds more like an old style Soviet gulag than France at the moment.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown 3 on 13:34 - Apr 5 with 336 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid: Paris police probe 'secret luxury dinner parties'

French police have launched an investigation into alleged clandestine fine dining and parties in Paris, revealed in an undercover TV report.

French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin ordered the probe, saying such gatherings, breaching Covid lockdown rules, would be "totally unacceptable".

A private TV channel, M6, tweeted the undercover film, with the description "caviar, champagne, top chefs' menus and no compulsory mask".

France is now in its third lockdown.

The new restrictions took effect nationally on Saturday and will continue for four weeks, with the aim of curbing a surge in Covid-19 cases. On Sunday the number of Covid patients in intensive care rose to 5,341, putting French hospitals under huge strain.

All schools and non-essential shops are shut and a night curfew is in place from 19:00 to 06:00.

The M6 film showed an unnamed private dining club in a "smart district" of Paris, where guests were told they could remove their masks. The secret venue, with window blinds down, was accessed via an apartment block.

A waiter is heard telling the reporter - who is posing as a guest - that "the people who come here don't wear masks; once you enter here there's no more Covid".

According to the report, the haute cuisine on the menu starts at €160 (£136; $188) and can cost as much as €490 per person.

The video also shows separate undercover footage of what is apparently a secret dinner party in a luxurious venue. The voice-over says the guests paid €220 per head, and some kissed each other cheek-to-cheek, ignoring all Covid distancing rules.

A woman is heard claiming that "this week I dined at two or three restaurants - so-called clandestine restaurants - with some ministers".

The video has gone viral, and triggered the Twitter hashtag #OnVeutLesNoms, meaning "we want the names".

The video points out the penalties for lockdown offences in France - a year in jail and €15,000 fine for putting someone's life at risk and, for each guest, potentially a €135 fine for violating the curfew and another €135 for not wearing a mask.

When asked about the report, Mr Darmanin said that in the current crisis there was not one rule for the rich and privileged and another for everyone else.

If the video is proven to be accurate, he said, "these people must be prosecuted and, I imagine, sentenced for having organised such parties".

He said police were intervening daily to break up "big barbecues" in working-class districts, "because people don't respect the lockdown".

"Clearly, in the capital's smartest districts, the rules are the same for everyone. We don't have two types of citizen: those with a right to party and those who don't."

French Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire also voiced concern about the video, and insisted that "all ministers, without exception, are respecting the rules and no-one among them thinks they have some sort of special pass".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56638088

🥐🥖

Lockdown 3 on 21:53 - Apr 13 with 312 viewsspell_chekker

It wasn't as bad as the first lockdown but the shelves at the supermarket today were quite badly depleted.

To support this, the tradesmen I've booked to do renovation work on my house have reported supply problems for many materials.

Lockdown 3 on 15:32 - Apr 20 with 282 viewsspell_chekker

We're into week 3 of our 4 week lockdown (with an additional 7pm curfew) and there's talk of extending it by another 2 weeks until mid May.

It's not really a lockdown now though, not like the initial one at any rate.

Lockdown 3 on 20:30 - Apr 29 with 257 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid: France aims to reopen except nightclubs by July

France will allow cafes, bars and restaurants to serve outside and relax a nightly curfew in a planned easing of lockdown measures starting next month.

The four-stage plan outlined by President Emmanuel Macron aims to largely reopen the country by 30 June.

Foreign tourists with a Covid-19 "health pass" will be allowed to visit France again from 9 June.

France's infection rate has fallen since introducing a third lockdown, but numbers remain high in some areas.

Detailing his much-anticipated plans to a group of French newspapers, Mr Macron said he wanted ease France's restrictions in four stages:

On 3 May, secondary-school and high-school pupils will start returning to in-person classes. Rules on travelling will end

On 19 May, a current 19:00 (17:00 GMT) nightly curfew will be pushed back to 21:00. Cafes and restaurants will be able to reopen outside. Non-essential shops, cinemas, museums and theatres will be able to open, with restrictions on visitors.

On 9 June, the curfew will pushed back again to 23:00. A "health pass" will be introduced for those attending stadiums and large events, and for foreign tourists entering the country

On 30 June, the curfew will be lifted completely but nightclubs will remain shut

While Mr Macron said he hoped the measures would ease across the whole country, an "emergency brake" could be used "in territories where the virus is too present"

Foreign tourists from outside the EU will be able to enter France on 9 June. But they will need to show a pass sanitaire - or health pass - the details of which have not yet been revealed.

A pass will also be needed to attend large events.

"The health pass should not be mandatory for access to everyday things such as restaurants, theatres and cinemas or to go see friends," Mr Macron said. "But for places with big crowds, such as stadiums, festivals, trade fairs or exhibitions, it would be absurd not to use it".

France entered a third national lockdown on 3 April, as it battled a surge in cases that threatened to overwhelm hospitals. The daily number of new cases has fallen since then, from around 40,000 to 27,000 on average over the past week.

A further 324 deaths were reported in the past 24 hours. The total number killed by the pandemic in France is now at least 104,079, Johns Hopkins University estimates.

The president was strongly criticised for rejecting calls to order a third national lockdown earlier to bring down a spike in infections.

Mr Macron said it was time to start "resuming our French-style way of life", and people needed "conviviality", culture and sport. But he added that people needed to remain "careful and responsible".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56934746

Lockdown 3 on 19:41 - Apr 30 with 240 viewsspell_chekker

Oh how I miss lockdown 1.

Now that was a real lockdown, the biggest and the best.

The weather was nice too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024