Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not The Summer Transfer Thread 10:18 - Apr 21 with 5165 viewsspell_chekker

There's been gossip and speculation of a few possible ins and outs, even at this early stage, ahead of the summer transfer window.

Possibly because we'd like to do our business ASAP and have a good pre-season.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 19:46 - Jun 13 with 443 viewsspell_chekker

The Simms speculation is still bubbling away under the surface.

“I can work on my runs behind, my hold-up play and link-up play, and a lot of off-the-ball aspects like defensive positioning" - Yes please Ellis. You can do all that for sure at BFC:

Ellis Simms makes Everton transfer claim after contract decision

Everton forward Ellis Simms scored 10 times on loan at Blackpool last season to help them to League One promotion

Ellis Simms has admitted he is 'not sure' of his immediate future at Everton.

The 20-year-old scored 10 goals on loan at Blackpool last term and helped fire the Seasiders to promotion through the League One play-offs.

Simms missed the play-off final after suffering a freak training ground injury on the eve of the game - hurting his calf while practicing penalties - but Everton are set to offer the starlet a new contract as he enters the final 12 months of his current deal.

The prospect of him heading back out on loan would then be discussed if he re-signs at Goodison Park.

Simms told the Blackpool Gazette: “The main thing is to get back fit.

“It has been a great experience at Blackpool and I have loved playing. I am not sure what will happen next, it is up to Everton.

“Whatever it is, I am happy and just looking forward to next season and continuing to play.

“I am still young and learning. I am not the finished article. There are always things to improve and I need to build on my strengths."

“I can work on my runs behind, my hold-up play and link-up play, and a lot of off-the-ball aspects like defensive positioning."

"You can always get better.”

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 12:24 - Jun 14 with 430 viewsspell_chekker

There's a lot of competition for Ballard.

We seem to be favourites.

Decision to be made soon.

It'd be a very important signing if we get him:

Blackpool locked in transfer tussle with Championship clubs for Arsenal defender

Blackpool are reportedly keen on a deal to re-sign Daniel Ballard ahead of the 2021/22 season, according to Goal journalist Charles Watts.

Ballard spent the 2020/21 campaign with the Tangerines, as they clinched promotion back into the Championship, after a win over Lincoln City in the League One play-off final.

He made 30 appearances in total for Neil Critchley’s side, in what was a hugely impressive season for them, as they made a timely return to the second-tier.

Ballard is still under contract with Arsenal, but it seems unlikely to feature for the first-team anytime soon, with Gunners boss Mikel Arteta having strong options available to him, as they head towards the new league campaign, which is set to get underway in August.

Watts claims that a number of other Championship teams are reportedly interested in signing Ballard this summer, although it remains to be seen as to whether that will be either a permanent, or a loan deal.

It’s also reported that there is interest from abroad in Ballard’s services, but he is likely to remain in English football ahead of the new season.

The Verdict:

It’s no surprise to hear they’re interested in landing his signature this summer.

Ballard really impressed me with the Tangerines this season, and he played his part in the club’s promotion-winning season this term.

He’s highly unlikely to be anywhere near the Arsenal first-team heading into the new league campaign, as they have much stronger options available to them at this moment in time.

Another season on loan for Ballard could be the ideal move for all parties involved, as he’ll be furthering his development in senior football.

Blackpool can offer him the chance to play regularly in the Championship, and I’d expect them to win the race to land his signature this summer.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 09:32 - Jun 15 with 421 viewsspell_chekker

Decision soon on Ballard.

It'd be great business if we could buy Embleton and loan both Ballard and Simms for the full season ahead. I'm sure all would be capable of stepping up and performing in the championship.

The same goes for Gabriel but I've a feeling he'll be involved with Forest's squad:

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 15:52 - Jun 15 with 413 viewsspell_chekker

Campbell to Luton?

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 17:16 - Jun 15 with 408 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yup

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:28 - Jun 17 with 395 viewsspell_chekker

I rate Embleton and there have been a couple of articles on Embleton this morning, here's one of them.

I'm sure our ex loans, particularly Simms, Ballard, and Embleton will be sorted out as soon as, therefore allowing us to go after other targets (or not!):

Transfer tracker: What’s the latest with Blackpool’s pursuit of Sunderland’s Elliot Embleton?

Blackpool have been backed to make a permanent move for Sunderland midfielder Elliot Embleton this summer.

Embleton, 22, spent the second half of the season just gone on loan with Blackpool.

He’d made nine appearances for Sunderland the first half of the League One campaign just gone but Lee Johnson and the Black Cats hierarchy were keen for Embleton to gain some loan experience after New Year.

They did their due diligence and loaned Embleton to eventual play-off winners Blackpool. The Englishman featured 21 times in the league and scored twice as Blackpool avoided Sunderland in the play-offs, beating Lincoln City in the final at Wembley.

Since, national reports have backed Blackpool to make a permanent move for Embleton, but Sunderland have insisted that they have plans for Embleton next season. So what’s the latest with that deal?

A recent emerging report might have hinted at Blackpool’s stance on a permanent signing of Embleton.

Manager Neil Critchley has played down the potential of his side spending big in the summer transfer window this summer and so it’s adds fuel to the fire that Embleton will be remaining at the Stadium of Light going into next season.

It was initially The Sun on Sunday (30.05.21) that reported the Tangerines’ interest in a permanent deal for Embleton, before Northern Echo reported shortly after that Blackpool were set to ‘test Sunderland’s resolve’ with an offer.

Whether that remains after Critchley’s recent comments, or whether he’s playing down the move as to go about it quietly remains to be seen.

It’d be a really keen signing for Blackpool though but should Embleton remain at Sunderland, expect him to play a big part for the Black Cats next season.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:34 - Jun 17 with 392 viewsspell_chekker

Edited: wrong thread.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 10:36]

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 17:45 - Jun 17 with 384 viewsspell_chekker

Talk about Gilliead has resurfaced but I wouldn't be surprised if i was a case of a bored journalist rehashing an old story.

IMO Giliead might've been on our shopping list had we no been promoted. We've since dropped any interest in him and have gone for (or are perhaps still after) Bowler:

Coventry City stance on Sunderland, Blackpool-linked Alex Gilliead revealed

Coventry City are not interested in signing Alex Gilliead after his departure from Scunthorpe United, as per a report by Coventry Live.

Coventry City have been linked with the winger over recent times but are not believed to be in for him.

Gilliead, who is 25-years-old, is leaving Scunthorpe this summer and is available on a free transfer.

He is a target for Sunderland, Ipswich Town and Huddersfield Town, as reported by Football League World, whilst the same publication have suggested that Blackpool have been keeping tabs on his situation too.

Gilliead has a big decision to make on his future with quite a few clubs linked with him.

He made 47 appearances in all competitions last season for Scunthorpe and chipped in with a single goal and four assists.

The ex-England youth international started his career at Newcastle United but never made a first-team appearance for the North East club.

He bagged five goals in 41 games for Carlisle United on loan during the 2015/16 season in his first taste of senior football.

Gilliead then spent a year-and-a-half back in League Two at Bradford after a brief stint at Luton Town. He was a key player for the Bantams and played 58 times for the Yorkshire club whilst they were in League One.

Shrewsbury came calling that summer and he left Newcastle on a permanent basis. He spent a single season with the Shrews before Scunthorpe signed him in 2019.

A new club is on the horizon for him this summer but it won’t be Coventry.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 22:41 - Jun 17 with 375 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yup, expect more of these type of stories over the next few weeks, Any OOC player has one pay day left at the end of the month.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 23:06 - Jun 17 with 369 viewsspell_chekker

This one's a bit different and the article claims we've "got a bid on the table":

Blues Among Clubs Linked With King's Lynn Midfielder

Town, Luton and Blackpool are reportedly battling for to sign King’s Lynn midfielder Sonny Carey.

According to The Sun, the trio are want to sign the 20-year-old with a £100,000 offer said to be enough to secure his services.

Plenty of other clubs, including AFC Bournemouth, are also claimed to have run the rule over Carey, who has a year left on his contract, during 2020/21. Bolton Wanderers and Swansea have previously been linked.

The Eastern Daily Press report that the Hatters have already had a £100,000 bid turned down and the Tangerines have a similar bid still on the table.

Carey, who plays on the right or in the centre, started his career with hometown club Norwich’s academy and joined the National League Linnets two years ago from Wroxham.

Having featured largely from the last season he became a regular in 2020/21, making 30 starts and 12 sub appearances, scoring five goals, including the winner in their FA Cup first-round victory at Port Vale in November.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 07:52 - Jun 18 with 355 viewsspell_chekker

A bit more on the link to the King's Lynn midfielder, Carey.

With Luton signing Campbell from Motherwell who we were linked with, it'd appear as though both clubs were fishing in the same pond:

https://the72.co.uk/239561/luton-town-and-blackpool-made-bids-for-kings-lynn-mid

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 09:49 - Jun 18 with 349 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 13:42 - Jun 18 with 338 viewsspell_chekker

What do you reckon to this?

Your guess is as good as mine:

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 13:43 - Jun 18 with 338 viewsspell_chekker

And this. The King's Lynn midfielder?

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 04:37 - Jun 20 with 332 viewsspell_chekker

Along with a few other championship clubs, we're being linked to Motherwell and Scotland right back Stephen O'Donnell. A 'modest fee' is quoted in the article:

Scotland full-back Stephen O'Donnell in demand for a move to England with five Championship clubs interested in the Motherwell star who shone for his country against England at Euro 2020

- Stephen O'Donnell was one of the stars for Scotland in their draw with England
- The 29-year-old full-back has an exit clause in his contract at Motherwell
- Championship clubs including Derby, Birmingham and Blackburn are interested
- O'Donnell bounced back from a disappointing display against Czech Republic

Scotland full-back Stephen O’Donnell is in demand for a move to England following his heroics at Wembley on Friday night.

The 29-year old Motherwell right back was one of his country’s outstanding performers in their 0-0 draw with England almost braking the deadlock but for an excellent first half save from Jordan Pickford. The only blot on his copybook came with a booking for an uncompromising challenge on England dangerman Jack Grealish late on.

O’Donnell, who has 21 international caps, has an exit clause in his Motherwell contract and that has alerted a number of English Championship clubs.

Birmingham City, Wayne Rooney’s Derby County, newly-promoted Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers and Barnsley are all showing an interest with the fee understood to be relatively modest.

O’Donnell’s character has shone through during the Euros. He was criticised heavily for his performance against Czech Republic with calls for him to be replaced but he was mobbed by teammates following his performance on Friday night.

Afterwards he opened up in the criticism. ‘What’s frustrating in society now is you see everything. You catch it and it’s hard to get away from it.

‘It makes a massive difference when you’ve got a manager who believes in you. He constantly, constantly comes under pressure for selecting me, he gets lambasted. Could I have done better against the Czech Republic? Yeah but we still had a lot of chances.

‘It means a lot to me that the team are all up to me after the game. They know the stick I receive and I appreciate the support they give me. Andy Robertson especially with the words he said.

‘I’m just glad I was able to repay my manager. You try to block it out but it’s difficult.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9704111/Championship-clubs-ke

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:02 - Jun 20 with 323 viewsspell_chekker

I've copied and pasted an extract from an article regarding players possibly leaving Bristol City.

Yes please.

"That leaves 24-year-old Taylor Moore who the West Country men may be prepared to let leave Ashton Gate towards the end of the summer if the club bring in their targets."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-make-dec

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:21 - Jun 20 with 319 viewsspell_chekker

More taylor Moore stuff.

Us and West Brom 'circling':

Bristol City weighing up key transfer decision as West Brom and Blackpool circle for 24-year-old

Bristol City are yet to make a decision on the long-term future of defender Taylor Moore this summer but they are weighing up what to do with the 24-year-old, according to Bristol Live.
PUBLICITÉ

It is believed by Bristol Live that Moore is a player that is attracting transfer interest this summer, with newly-promoted Blackpool potentially interested in adding the defender to their squad should the Robins make the decision to allow him to leave Ashton Gate.

That comes after the 24-year-old spent time out on loan with Blackpool in League One in the 2019/20 campaign where he managed to make eight league appearances for the Tangerines.

Last season, Moore remained with the Robins for the full campaign and he managed to make 22 appearances in the Championship, with 16 of those coming from the start.

According to Bristol Live, there is also interest in the defender from West Brom as well this summer, with the Baggies thought to be keen on securing a move for the 24-year-old.

While the report adds that Bristol City could yet decide to keep hold of the defender this summer, with Nigel Pearson having yet to see him in action because he was out with an ankle problem from February onwards last term.

The Verdict

This is a crucial decision for Pearson to make this summer on Moore’s potential long-term future, so it seems like the right and sensible approach is being taken to ensure that the Robins take their time a really assess whether the 24-year-old is going to be someone that fits in with their long-term plans.

It seems like Moore is not going to be short of options should Bristol City elect to move him on. Both Blackpool and West Brom would be excellent potential moves for the defender to make during the transfer window and he would likely be able to perform well for either side in the Championship if handed regular chances to play.

Bristol City will need to decide fairly quickly on his future amid interest from elsewhere and Moore will likely want to be assured he is going to get game time under Pearson as well. If the Robins feel he is more of a backup option then they might have to be prepared to lose him this summer.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 15:07 - Jun 20 with 315 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

This could be a factor in the Taylor Moore story

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 22:20 - Jun 20 with 309 viewsspell_chekker

An article saying Casey, from Leeds, will sign as soon as his quarantine period is finished (whenever that may be?).

At right centre half we can add Casey to Ekpiteta who we've already got but where does this leave our reported interest in both Moore and Ballard?

Something there's got to give and it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Perhaps one or more of the above mentioned are also adept, despite being right footed, at left centre half.

Otherwise, we could also carry an extra centre back in the squad this season. I can see us playing 3 at the back more often as the onus will generally be on the opposition to bring the game to us. We won't be the ones having to unlock a dogsbody, spoiling, keep it tight, bread and butter team.

We played this way at Sunderland and had a lone striker with a single number 10 sitting behind him, packed the midfield to keep control, possession based, hit on the counter with pace (which we have in abundance).

It could be a staple for us in the championship.

Time will tell.

The Casey 'quarantine' article:

Oliver Casey to finalise Leeds exit once post-holiday quarantine is complete

Oliver Casey is set to finalise his exit from Leeds United after he has completed a period in quarantine, according to Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Graham Smyth.

Writing on the YEP website, Smyth reports that Casey, 20, is serving a period in isolation after returning to England from holiday.

After his quarantine is over, he’s expected to join Championship club Blackpool.

BBC Radio Leeds journalist Adam Pope has previously reported that the defender’s move to Bloomfield Road will be a permanent one.

Good move for Casey

At the end of the day, Casey was always going to struggle to become a regular for Leeds in the Premier League.

The centre-back has made three first-team appearances for us during his time at Elland Road with two of them coming this season in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

Unfortunately for Casey, both of those matches resulted in defeats to lower-league opposition, which cannot have bode well for the young defender, who can also play as a defensive midfielder.

Blackpool would have had a chance to cast their eye over Casey this season too when he played 45 minutes against them in the EFL Trophy.

Blackpool won that match 3-0 but still, it’s likely that the new Championship club would have turned their attention towards him as a possible singing them.

It does seem as though this deal is a goer with local journalists such as Pope and Smyth reporting that it’s set to happen.

We wish Casey all the best at Bloomfield Road.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 22:31]

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 22:29 - Jun 20 with 309 viewsspell_chekker

French is Latin based so it may refer to one of many other languages but the word 'quarantine' refers to the number 40.

40 days of isolation, probably something biblical. I'm not sure about religious stuff but a period of quarantine should be 40 days isolation.

So, whatever Casey's doing, it's not a quarantine.

There. And I know fù(#!ng everything.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 09:59 - Jun 21 with 301 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sunday club Spell?

Taylor Moore - Key phrases "potentially interested" and "yet to make a decision"

Ballard - Up to Arsenal

Casey - Seems a done deal

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:32 - Jun 21 with 296 viewsspell_chekker

Sunday club?

Don't know, I can't remember much about last night.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:36 - Jun 21 with 295 viewsspell_chekker

There are various articles out there saying that Blackpool, Leeds, and Casey are all in agreement so it looks like it's done and dusted all bar the official announcement from the club.

A fee of just less that £1m has been mentioned so our recruitment team must be pretty confident of everything.

No more Nuttall's and Lubala's please.

https://www.leedsallover.com/leeds-united-defender-agrees-permanent-exit/

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-blackpool-agree-to-sign-casey-after-l

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/timeline-on-completion-of-leeds-uniteds-six-fi
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 10:38]

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 10:47 - Jun 21 with 293 viewsspell_chekker

Alan Nixon's on radio Lancs tonight and among other things there'll be some 'local transfer talk'.

Not The Summer Transfer Thread on 15:40 - Jun 21 with 287 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Oliver Casey is expected to complete his transfer to Blackpool imminently and sign a three-year deal with the Championship club.

Leeds United have not stood in the young centre-back’s away as he looks to build a career for himself away from Elland Road.

With Diego Llorente, Liam Cooper, Robin Koch, Pascal Struijk and, possibly, Charlie Cresswell ahead of him in the pecking order there was little chance of real game time for the 20-year-old.

Casey, a Thorp Arch academy product, had two years still to run on his deal with the Whites, but the clubs came to an agreement quickly on his transfer.

The Tangerines will offer Casey second-tier football, a decent length contract and an opportunity to work with a head coach in Neil Critchley who trusts youth.

Critchley worked with the under-18s and under-23s at Liverpool for several years before taking the leap into first-team management last year.

Casey departs Leeds with three senior appearances to his name. His debut came as a late substitute in the Championship at Huddersfield Town in December 2019.

Last season there was a full debut in the EFL Cup against Hull City before coming on at Crawley Town in the FA Cup in January.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/oliver-casey-leeds-united-blackp

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024