Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NEW BLOG: Blackpool v Donny & My Thoughts on the Social Media Blackout 08:21 - May 6 with 785 viewsBlackpoolJane

Did you miss social media at the weekend? My thoughts on this and Tuesday’s match are in the attached blog.

https://janestuart.co.uk/2021/05/05/blackpool-v-doncaster-rovers-social-media-bl

NEW BLOG: Blackpool v Donny & My Thoughts on the Social Media Blackout on 11:13 - May 6 with 776 viewsspell_chekker

The blackout passed me by really.

I'm very busy at the weekends renovating my house, I'm not on any form of social media, and I never keep up with the news.

It was all relevant to us though because Grant Ward was targeted after the Sunderland game. What to do about it is another question entirely.

Another pertinent example would be AVFTT. The new site looks like a good place but the old AVFTT was ruined by trolls.

Here are a few comments from an article explaining why people troll:

"trolls are people who exhibit a psychological trait known as 'negative social potency' - this means they enjoy causing harm to others"

“These trolls get pleasure from upsetting those they target with abuse, so if their victim responds it only encourages them to continue,”

“They want to lash out at people who are being successful, who are happy, who are enjoying their life because they can’t,”

“Most people troll others for either revenge, for attention seeking, for boredom, and for personal amusement.”

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Blackpool v Donny & My Thoughts on the Social Media Blackout on 11:58 - May 6 with 774 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Supported the blackout 100%, but as YouTube wasn't included, made little difference to me

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

NEW BLOG: Blackpool v Donny & My Thoughts on the Social Media Blackout on 13:42 - May 6 with 764 viewsspudgun

Same as Red, apart from a bit of time on the footy forums I don`t do social media.

The new AVFTT site (political) is also being ruined by trolls and some of the more informed posters are posting less frequently - which is a pity.

All the stuff in Jane`s post is evident on there, and is summed up in the posters 20Togo, Scaramango and Poulton Girl. Interesting what makes people behave that way.

I notice BRR2 has not posted for a month or so, and some Personal Messages he sent me have been erased so he may have deactivated his account. He certainly got more than his fair share of trolling...

NEW BLOG: Blackpool v Donny & My Thoughts on the Social Media Blackout on 18:48 - May 9 with 748 viewsspell_chekker

I've been redoing the roof every weekend for the last couple of months and got rained off today. The result was I found an even worse job to do: stripping wallpaper.

It's amazing how the mind wanders while doing the most banal of tasks. One of the things that passed through my head was this thread and in particular Robbie.

Of course, he occasionally posted on here which was a real coup for us what with him considering himself (in his own lunchtime) as message board royalty.

Anyway, I don't know the precise details (probably had his todger lopped off ) but the message board grapevine made it known that he had a big health scare 3 / 4 years ago.

He's since been looking after himself but still, because of his absence (from everywhere, no here in particular) you've got to be concerned for his well-being.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024