Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shayne Lavery 18:56 - Jun 8 with 2885 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Shayne Lavery on 18:58 - Jun 8 with 1885 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Shayne Lavery on 23:00 - Jun 8 with 1858 viewsspell_chekker

I've not got any time to read up on any of these signings nor do a profile of them.

A 'flash' opinion would be a clever punt in that he hasn't got league experience but has played for N. Ireland.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Shayne Lavery on 07:30 - Jun 9 with 1854 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 08:46 - Jun 9 with 1851 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 09:05 - Jun 9 with 1849 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 21:41 - Jun 10 with 1823 viewsspell_chekker

Player review from UTMP:

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2021/06/09/transfer-news-lavery-jubbly/

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Shayne Lavery on 21:42 - Jun 10 with 1822 viewsspell_chekker

Shayne Lavery on 21:44 - Jun 10 with 1821 viewsspell_chekker

Shayne Lavery on 21:49 - Jun 10 with 1819 viewsspell_chekker

Full name: Shayne Francis Lavery
Date of birth: 8 December 1998 (age 22)
Place of birth: Aghagallon, Northern Ireland
Height: 5 ft 11 in (180 cm)
Position: Forward
Club information
Senior career
Years / Team / Apps / (Gls)
2017—2019: Everton 0 (0)
2019: Falkirk (loan) 6 (0)
2019—2021: Linfield 56 (33)
2021: Blackpool 0 (0)

National team
2015: Northern Ireland U17 3 (2)
2016: Northern Ireland U19 5 (1)
2016— :Northern Ireland U21 14 (5)
2018— :Northern Ireland 7 (0)

Shayne Lavery on 21:53 - Jun 10 with 1817 viewsspell_chekker

Lavery profile on the Linfield site:

https://www.linfieldfc.com/firstteamprofiles.aspx?id=464#profilestart

Shayne Lavery on 21:55 - Jun 10 with 1816 viewsspell_chekker

Blackpool Make Move For Shayne Lavery

Northern Ireland International Signs For The Seasiders

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Shayne Lavery on a two-year contract, with an option of a further 12 months.

The Northern Ireland international, 22, joins the Seasiders from NIFL Premiership side Linfield following two sensational seasons with the Blues.

A prolific striker, capped seven times for his country, Lavery has scored 47 goals in 77 games for Linfield, including 30 this season en-route to a league and cup double.

Last month, he created history by becoming the first player to be named the Ulster Footballer of the Year and Young Player of the Year in the same season.

Adding to the individual trophy haul were the Player and Young Player of the Year accolades at the NI Football Awards, with the only previous recipients of that particular double being Paul Byrne, Stuart Dallas and Gavin Whyte.

Previously on the books at Everton, the in-demand forward follows Reece James and Daniel Grimshaw in moving to the Club ahead of the new Championship season.

On joining the Seasiders, Shayne Lavery said:

“I’m very excited. Blackpool’s a massive club and I’m glad to get the deal done. I feel like I’ve proved myself back home this season and I’m now looking to test myself at the next level.

“I had mixed emotions last week lifting the league and cup with Linfield, knowing in the back of my head that I’d be moving on, but I’ve loved my time there and I’m very grateful for everything they’ve done for me.

“I’m now joining a Blackpool team that has played well all season, and it was amazing to see them become one of the three teams promoted. I watched the play-off final myself, and I’m just excited to come and play for the Blackpool fans in the Championship now.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Having first been aware of Shayne when coming through the academy system at Everton, he’s gone back over to Northern Ireland and had two fantastic years for Linfield, where his goalscoring record is phenomenal. He’s won numerous awards and now become a full international for his country.

“At 22, we’re getting somebody who is hungry and ambitious to come and prove himself. He’s a very humble individual and his character fits in perfectly with the squad we have here.

“On the pitch, he’ll bring pace, energy and scores different types of goals. We’re all looking forward to working with him.”

Shayne Lavery on 10:26 - Jun 15 with 1784 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 10:32 - Jul 13 with 1723 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 1686 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 16:22 - Aug 24 with 1528 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 19:19 - Sep 2 with 1444 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 21:10 - Sep 2 with 1437 viewsspell_chekker

Cathcart, Ballard and Thompson starting as well.

Dion Charles on the bench.

A growing international link to us can't be bad
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 21:13]

Shayne Lavery on 22:41 - Sep 2 with 1417 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FT 1-4

Shayne Lavery on 17:44 - Sep 3 with 1394 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 10:25 - Sep 5 with 1362 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 16:43 - Sep 5 with 1359 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 20:27 - Sep 7 with 1349 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Northern Ireland boss Ian Baraclough says it's premature to mention Shayne Lavery in same breath as David Healy

Former national manager Sammy McIlroy likened Blackpool striker to Healy after his goal against Lithuania

Ian Baraclough insists it’s a little premature to mention in-form Blackpool striker Shayne Lavery in the same breath as Northern Ireland’s record goalscorer David Healy.

Former national boss Sammy McIlroy likened Lavery’s movement and eye for goal to Healy’s after he bagged his first international goal in Thursday’s 4-1 win in Lithuania.

High praise given the fact Healy, now managing Linfield in the Irish League, scored 36 goals for Northern Ireland and went down in folklore with famous winners over England and Spain in 2005 and 2006

Baraclough knows his football history and while he rates Lavery highly, he is reluctant to put too much pressure on the 22-year-old forward’s shoulders.

Ahead of Sunday’s friendly with Estonia in Tallinn, he said: “I’m not going to argue with Sammy - he’s a pundit now and he talks to you guys.

“It is very easy when a young Northern Ireland player comes into the fold and has the potential to do well that he gets labelled the next George Best, the next David Healy or Jonny Evans.

“There’s always the hope and the wish that there’s the next George Best or the next Norman Whiteside, but let’s not ramp up too much pressure.”

Lavery, who joined Blackpool from Linfield in the summer, has scored five goals in eight games in the past month after also hitting four in his first seven in all competitions for the Seasiders.

“Shayne was with me as a 17-year-old and with the U21s and he showed character after leaving Everton (in 2019),” he said. “He came back home and got regular football at Linfield.

“He got his move to Blackpool and has started this season very, very well. He’s in a totally different shape, a different frame of mind and he’s got the potential to kick on.

“If he’s got half the career that David Healy had, I’ll take that.”

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/northern-ireland-boss

Shayne Lavery on 18:43 - Sep 8 with 1333 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 12:22 - Sep 28 with 1192 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Shayne Lavery on 13:17 - Sep 30 with 1158 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024