Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Squad (So Far) 08:33 - Jun 9 with 3585 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Squad (So Far) on 10:43 - Sep 11 with 663 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Squad (So Far) on 18:47 - Sep 16 with 650 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 11:22 - Jan 11 with 612 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 18:19 - Jan 18 with 604 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 18:42 - Jan 18 with 596 viewsspell_chekker

Unless we sell someone, there's only 1 squad place left to fill in this window.

AS we've only got 3 plus Antwi and we don't want to rely too heavily on Connolly / James as cover in that area, the incoming's bound to be a central midfielder.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 18:45]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Squad (So Far) on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 586 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Depending on injuries, I can see 2 or 3 not making the final 25

The Squad (So Far) on 21:16 - Jan 18 with 573 viewsspell_chekker

Howe can be taken off the list.

I wonder why he didn't go out on loan this season?

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/post/howe-leaves-by-mutual-consent

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Squad (So Far) on 04:04 - Jan 25 with 556 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 545 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 22:58 - Jan 31 with 542 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 06:39 - Feb 1 with 526 viewsspell_chekker

Unless Virtue's included, that's 24 places taken out of a possible 25.

Leaving a possibility of an out-of-contract.

The Squad (So Far) on 17:52 - Feb 8 with 508 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 15:54 - May 10 with 484 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 08:32 - May 11 with 465 viewsspell_chekker

I don't know how many are U21 and therefore exempt but (excluding academy players) there are 26 contracted pros on that list.

Something's got to give in order to have a well balanced 25 man squad.

The Squad (So Far) on 10:57 - May 11 with 462 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bez will never kick a ball for us again.

Carey, Casey and Tharme might still be classed as u21.

Hubby is a long term injury.

Bowler likely to be sold.

Send a couple out on loan. and there is plenty of room for new signings

The Squad (So Far) on 11:21 - May 11 with 456 viewsspell_chekker

Carey was 21 on 20th January this year - So he'll probably pass under the ceiling.

Casey was 21 on 14th October last year. It depends when the cut off point is. He may or may not count as taking a squad place.

Doug Tharme is 22. He'll be 23 on 16th August. Got to be a send out on loan job.

The Squad (So Far) on 11:35 - May 11 with 453 viewsspell_chekker

I've found this for the 2020 - 21 season.

Casey will be counted as taking up a squad place unless the regulations have changed:

Championship Squad List - 2020/21

Clubs in the Championship shall be permitted to name up to a maximum of 25 Players, of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

Under 21 players (other than those who are on loan at the Club) do not need to be named on the Squad List to be eligible to participate in a League Match. For Season 2020/21 Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1999.

* Home Grown

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-championship/championship-squ

The Squad (So Far) on 21:28 - Jun 25 with 434 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 13:03 - Jul 1 with 401 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 18:06 - Jul 5 with 381 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 05:39 - Jul 6 with 366 viewsspell_chekker

I wonder what the plans for central defence are now Casey's been loaned out for the season?

We've got 2 starters - Ekpiteta and Keogh.

After that, there's gor to be question marks against the back up. Surely Tharme can't be ready and Thorniley, despite his assests, gives goals away and will be targetted.

Then there are Husband and Connolly utility men who can step in.

Apart from the first choice pairing, I can't see us successfully playing a back 4 for a long stretch of matches with the replacements.

I'd expect more movement in this position or a back 3 / 5.

The Squad (So Far) on 07:05 - Jul 6 with 361 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Expect Lubala and a couple of others to be shifted out

The Squad (So Far) on 10:00 - Jul 7 with 339 viewsspell_chekker

Players I could see being possibly moved on:

Moore: Sold and youth 'keeper in the 3rd slot.
1 of either Garbutt or James: Sold - 3 LBs iare too many.
Tharme: I'd assume he's not ready for the first team yet. Loan.
Thorniley: Depends on Appleton's appraisal. Perhaps stay as back up. I think we could do better. Sell.
Bowler: It'd be great to keep, or even extend, him.
Hamilton: Sell depending on Appleton's judgement. He can be dangerous but his ball skills let him down.
Lubala: Not good enough and both himself and the club need a fresh start.
Stewart: Sell due to injury record.
Virtue: Sell. Not good enough IMO. Appleton will decide that.
Lavery: Would be a shock departure but I don't rate him that highly. Not good enough on the ball and his style and presence doesn't seem to get much out of Yates. I see Lavery as a throwback, nuisance striker, a bit of a pest and not fitted to the modern game.
Madine: Would be another shock departure. Good player but far too immobile therefore limiting the team's approach to offensive play.

Obviously, we're not going to have that high a turnover of players but there are 10 who I think could be improved on.

I'll be blushing when they all prove me wrong.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 10:04]

The Squad (So Far) on 15:22 - Jul 7 with 329 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Squad (So Far) on 22:22 - Jul 16 with 278 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024