Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Garbutt 19:45 - Jun 10 with 334 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Luke Garbutt on 19:47 - Jun 10 with 332 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Luke Garbutt on 19:49 - Jun 10 with 331 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Luke Garbutt on 21:00 - Jun 10 with 325 viewsspell_chekker

Garbutt info:

Luke Garbutt by BringBackTheRedRoom 22 Sep 2020 10:29
Blackpool FC is pleased to announce the signing of Luke Garbutt on a 12 month contract.

Garbutt, 27, joins the Seasiders on a free transfer after leaving boyhood club Everton in the summer. The left sided player joined the Toffees in 2009, rising through their academy to go on and represent their first team.

The former England U21 player also brings a wealth of EFL experience with him to Bloomfield Road having made over 100 loan appearances for various clubs, most recently with Ipswich Town.

On signing for Blackpool, Garbutt said:

“I’m pleased to be here and looking forward to working under Neil Critchley.

“I really like what the Head Coach had to say when I spoke to him a few days ago, and he was a big factor in my move here. He’s spent the last few years at Liverpool and developed players really well, so I’m looking forward to what the future brings here.

“There’s big plans for this football club and I’m hopeful I can be a big part of what’s to come this season.”

Neil Critchley added:

“I’m delighted Luke has joined us for the upcoming season.

“He will bring experience to a youthful group, and he knows this division well having enjoyed a really successful season in League One last year.

“The fact he has chosen Blackpool over a number of other interested clubs, is a sign of how well the Club is progressing.

“During my conversations with Luke, I felt his desire to come to Blackpool. I very much look forward to working with him, as he will be a vital member of our squad this season.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/garbutt-signs-for-blackpool/

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 21:11]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Luke Garbutt on 21:10 - Jun 10 with 320 viewsspell_chekker

There's strong competition for a place in the starting eleven with James.

It makes you wonder if Husband will re-sign.

James' focus seems to be on getting forward just as Garbutt's been criticised for his defensive frailties but isn't this in line with the role of a modern full back?

Traditionally, a full back was primarily a defender who supported the others going forward and more recently started overlapping a bit. Turton and Husband type players.

Nowadays though, the full back is a weapon. Scoring, assisting, raiding and then, after that, defending.

I'd assume were going to recruit 2 similar right sided full backs and go with 2 defensive midfielders to cover the holes.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Luke Garbutt on 10:18 - Jun 11 with 305 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Two possible starters for every place

Luke Garbutt on 14:37 - Jun 11 with 294 viewsspell_chekker

Garbutt: The Club Is Going On A Great Journey

Luke Garbutt has revealed how pleased he is to have signed his new contract with the Seasiders and can’t wait to sample some Championship football at Bloomfield Road next season.

The left-back was a key component of Neil Critchley’s side over the course of the 2020/21 campaign, racking up 38 appearances in all competitions and scoring four goals in a season which ended in promotion for the side at Wembley at the end of May.

With his future now secured at Blackpool having signed a two year deal plus an option for a further year earlier this week, Garbutt was delighted to get the deal done.

“I’m so pleased to have got it done and I’m grateful to the gaffer and the coaching staff for showing the faith in me,” he said.

“To extend my deal and continue going on this journey is massive. The Club is going on a great journey at the moment, and I’m confident we can continue to create special memories over the course of the new season and beyond.”

Reflecting on his first season in tangerine and that day at Wembley, Garbutt couldn’t hide his delight at securing promotion.

“Our play-off campaign was great and it ended up being a memorable day at Wembley for everyone associated with the Club,” he said.

“Everything in the final was unbelievable. The supporters, the players, the coaching staff — we all got it right on the day, and it’s something that we can look back on fondly. The Club’s record in play-offs is incredible, and we’re really proud to have continued that this season.

“We’ve generated some really good momentum by gaining promotion in the way we did, and we want to take that into the Championship next season.

Luke Garbutt on 19:07 - Jan 25 with 189 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 19:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024