Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United Match Thread 19:36 - Jan 4 with 1701 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:35 - Jan 8 with 349 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Should be 6 up. Lavery missed about 3 chances

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:40 - Jan 8 with 347 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FFS 1-1

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 347 viewsspell_chekker

Ruddy hell.

Was that David Ferguson or Jairzinho who scored that goal?

1 - 1

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:51 - Jan 8 with 346 viewsspell_chekker

Hartlepool will tire in the last 20 mins and it'll be easy pickings.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:52 - Jan 8 with 346 viewsspell_chekker

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 342 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

We are poor so far this half

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 340 viewsspell_chekker

Bye, I'm off to slit my wrists.

2 - 1 Hartlepool

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 340 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

2-1 down

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 334 viewsspell_chekker

Ekpiteta carded.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:10 - Jan 8 with 333 viewsspell_chekker

Yates and Mitchell on for Ekpiteta and Bowler.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:12 - Jan 8 with 333 viewsspell_chekker

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:27 - Jan 8 with 333 viewsspell_chekker

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 330 viewsspell_chekker

What on earth happened there after being so comfortable at half time?

It's a bad loss, a bitter pill to swallow but time to show a bit of class - well played Hartlepool, you deserved it.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:32 - Jan 8 with 330 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Well done Hartlepool, deserved win

We were shocking 2nd half

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:46 - Jan 8 with 323 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Match Stats
Home Team Hartlepool Away Team Blackpool

Possession
Home 48% Away 52%

Shots
Home 9 Away 10

Shots on Target
Home 6 Away 4

Corners
Home 2 Away 6

Fouls
Home 11 Away 13

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 15:25 - Jan 8 with 310 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 15:33 - Jan 8 with 304 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Teenager Joe Grey was the hero as League Two Hartlepool came from a goal down to stun Championship side Blackpool in the FA Cup third round.

Keshi Anderson gave the visitors an early lead with a composed finish after miscuing his initial shot.

The home side levelled after the break when David Ferguson's shot took a heavy deflection and flew past Seasiders' goalkeeper Dan Grimshaw.

Substitute Grey won it with a tidy effort into the bottom corner.

There was little sign of what was to come after Blackpool dominated the opening 45 minutes.

Gary Madine saw a header cleared off the line and Shayne Lavery missed a good opportunity to make it 2-0 before the break.

Pools improved after the interval and after Ferguson's fortuitous goal made it 1-1 the tie turned on its head through 18-year-old Grey's neat finish from inside the area just two minutes after coming on.

CJ Hamilton ought to have equalised for Blackpool shortly afterwards but blazed over from close range and, despite late pressure, the second-tier side could not find a second goal.

Hartlepool will be in the fourth-round draw for the first time since 2009 when it takes place at 16:50 GMT on Sunday.

Hartlepool manager Graeme Lee:

"Joe [Grey] was very close to starting the game but I went with experience rather than physicality.

"I told him he will come on and stretch it. I told him to go and get the winner, but I didn't expect him to do it in the first couple of minutes.

"I had to give them a gee-up at half-time, because I could see we weren't where we should have been. I wanted more belief and bravery to get back into the game."

Blackpool boss Neil Critchley:

"At 1-0 we were in control of the game and we missed some big opportunities to go 2-0 and 3-0 up.

"What's cost us is what happened at the start of the second half. We had a 15 to 20-minute period where we weren't at it - we were totally unrecognisable from a Blackpool team that I've been in charge of.

"Unfortunately, these days can happen, we're not the first and we won't be the last. We had our success last year against West Brom and today we are on the receiving end of it. It's not a nice feeling I can assure you."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914772
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 19:55]

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 8 with 293 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 8 with 291 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 18:31 - Jan 8 with 290 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 03:34 - Jan 9 with 257 viewsspell_chekker

As an aside.

Before our time but I've seen old clips / articles / people refer to 'Hartlepools'. For example when Brian Clough began his management career he started at 'Hartlepools' - When and why did they become Hartlepool United?

Can't be bothered doing a Google search at the moment !!

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 03:56 - Jan 9 with 255 viewsspell_chekker

Final thought.

We miss Embleton.

Anderson's been playing that role this season, and doing very well too, but I prefer Embleton by a country mile - It was him who made all the difference toward the end of last season when we swept all before us.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 14:57 - Jan 9 with 221 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

IMO players like Embleton, Robson and Thorniley are too small for the Championship.

In the 2nd half we got pushed back and lost too many 2nd balls to a league two team.

Connolly is not the answer in midfield.

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 219 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United Match Thread on 15:52 - Jan 9 with 216 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024