Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Beesley 12:19 - Jan 10 with 883 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Jake Beesley on 12:22 - Jan 10 with 882 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Jake Beesley on 12:30 - Jan 10 with 878 viewsspell_chekker

Seasiders Complete Signing of Jake Beesley

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jake Beesley for an undisclosed fee from Rochdale.

The forward, 25, has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract at Bloomfield Road, with the Club also holding an option to extend it by a further year.

Recently named the Sky Bet League Two Player of the Month for December, Beesley has scored 12 goals in 26 games for Rochdale this season, including four braces.

The Sheffield-born former Salford City and Solihull Moors man is the son of ex-defender Paul Beesley, who spent a season with Blackpool towards the end of his career.

On signing for Blackpool, Jake Beesley said:

“I’m delighted to be here. It’s a great fit for myself and I can’t wait to get started. This season has been a good goalscoring one for me and I feel like I’m ready to make the step up and help the team.

“Players that have worked under the gaffer have improved and gone on to do really well. When you’re making a decision like this, it’s something you take into account.”

Neil Critchley added:

“We’re always identifying players who will improve us, and Jake is somebody that we have tracked for a while. He has impressed with his performances for Rochdale over the last two seasons and fits the mould of the players we want here. He’s hungry, ambitious and wants to improve.

“He’s a player who likes to press from the front, and he suits the way we play. He adds to the attacking options we have at the Club, and we’re really looking forward to working with him and helping him to develop his game further.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/post/seasiders-complete-signing-of-jake-beesl
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 12:31]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Jake Beesley on 12:32 - Jan 10 with 871 viewsspell_chekker

Bees joins Blackpool

The first of two expected departures this week was confirmed on Monday lunchtime by the club with the news that Jake Beesley has joined Championship side Blackpool.

After Robbie Stockdale's interview following Saturday's postponement at Colchester United it became clear that two players looked set to leave the club after having bids for their services accepted and it's now been confirmed that Beesley is one of those two players.

Dale's top scorer this season has joined Championship outfit Blackpool on a three and a half year deal for an undisclosed fee.

While it's not known exactly how much that fee is, the fact that the Sheffield-born forward still had 18 months left to run on his contract bodes well and left Dale in a strong position when it came to accepting an offer.

Beesley joined Dale from non-league Solihull Moors in the summer of 2020 and leaves having scored 19 goals in 56 appearances at Spotland.

His best spell of form came just before the January transfer window, with back-to-back braces in his last two matches against Bristol Rovers and Newport County helping him to secure the League Two player of the month award.

With Josh Andrews the only recognised centre-forward at the club now, Dale will surely look to re-invest some of the money made on this transfer in the attacking areas of the squad, while Stockdale confirmed last week that talks were still taking place with Mansfield over a potential permanent transfer for ex-loanee Corey O'Keeffe.

Aaron Morley is expected to join Jake Beesley out of the exit door in the coming days with Bolton Wanderers looking set to secure his signature.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/56717/

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Jake Beesley on 12:33 - Jan 10 with 870 viewsspell_chekker

Jake Beesley on 12:36 - Jan 10 with 868 viewsspell_chekker

Jake Beesley Characteristics

+ Strengths +
Aerial Duels: Strong
Holding on to the ball: Strong

- Weaknesses -
Crossing: Weak

Jake Beesley's Style of Play
Likes to do layoffs
Likes to cut inside
Likes to play short passes
Likes to do flick ons

Jake Beesley on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 864 viewsspell_chekker

Full name: Jake Elliott Beesley[1]
Date of birth: 2 December 1996 (age 25)
Place of birth: Sheffield, England [2]
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Position: Forward

Senior Career: Apps (Gls)
2014—2017 Chesterfield 7 (0)
2016 Shaw Lane (loan): 6 (4)
2017—2020 Salford City 28 (4)
2018 Boston United (loan) 11 (1)
2018—2019 Bradford Park Avenue (loan) 43 (21)
2019—2020 Solihull Moors (loan) 14 (4)
2020 Solihull Moors 9 (0)
2020—2022 Rochdale 47 (13)
2022 - Blackpool 0 (0)

Jake Beesley on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 863 viewsspell_chekker

His dad, Paul Beesley played for us:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Beesley

Jake Beesley on 12:45 - Jan 10 with 861 viewsspell_chekker

Beesley's Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/beesley_jake

Jake Beesley on 12:47 - Jan 10 with 859 viewsspell_chekker

I've noticed that he was in the same "EFL Team of the Week" as keshi Anderson recently:

Jake Beesley on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 855 viewsspell_chekker

Who is Jake Beesley? Profile of Blackpool's first January transfer window signing

The Rochdale striker has been a pivotal figure for the League Two side this campaign

Rochdale striker Jake Beesley has signed for Blackpool on a three-and-a-half year deal.

Reports early on Saturday suggested the Seasiders were in advanced talks with Beesley, who has scored nine goals in League Two for Rochdale this campaign, and the move has now been confirmed.

Lancs Live understands the fee is in the region of £300,000 with £100,00 worth of future add-ons.

The 25-year-old forward has had arguably the best spell in his EFL career in the past few months in order to attract interest from a higher level and the Tangerines are looking to continue their strategy of picking up players from lower levels and developing them.

Neil Critchley said of his new signing: “We’re always identifying players who will improve us, and Jake is somebody that we have tracked for a while. He has impressed with his performances for Rochdale over the last two seasons and fits the mould of the players we want here. He’s hungry, ambitious and wants to improve.

“He’s a player who likes to press from the front, and he suits the way we play. He adds to the attacking options we have at the Club, and we’re really looking forward to working with him and helping him to develop his game further.”

It will mean the Seasiders have Shayne Lavery, Jerry Yates, Gary Madine and now Jake Beesley as striker options, with Tyreece John-Jules widely expected to return to Arsenal after a failed loan spell.

Beesley began his career at Chesterfield where he failed to make an impact on the first team as a youngster, with a relatively successful spell on loan at Shaw Lane enough to convince Salford City to take the player on.

His best spells whilst contracted by Salford were out on loan with his most prolific spell as a professional coming at Bradford Park Avenue with 21 goals in 42 appearances.

In spite of his prolific efforts out on loan, he evidently didn't do enough to make a break into City's first team on a consistent basis with just four goals in 28 appearances over a three year period.

A loan spell at Solihull Moors produced four goals in 14 appearances and convinced them to sign him permanently in the January window of 2020, however just eight months into his time there, Rochdale came calling.

He signed a three-year-deal at Dale and his exploits, particularly at the start of this season, have earned him a move to Bloomfield Road.

A combative hard worker, happy to press aggressively throughout games, Beesley fits the role off the ball that Neil Critchley wants from his players.

"I never felt that I might not be able to get back into the EFL," he told Sky Sports.

"I was always motivated and it has always been my goal and what I always believed that I would do. Thankfully Rochdale took me on and I feel like now I am starting to repay their faith in me.

That ambition and determination is a big factor when Critchley is looking to bring players into the club, believing that is half the battle to make a player a success and furthering their development.

A physical threat, especially in the air, and someone who finds themselves with plenty of high-quality chances, Beesley in practice should provide a rotation option with Gary Madine in order to provide balance in the front line.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackpool-rochdale-jake-bees

Jake Beesley on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 852 viewsspell_chekker

What's the betting that he's been signed with one eye on him playing as a lone frontman in a 4-2-3-1 / 4-1-4-1 or some such system.

Rochdale've been using him like that in a 3-4-3.

Jake Beesley on 12:58 - Jan 10 with 851 viewsspell_chekker

Welcome on board Jake.

Jake Beesley on 20:56 - Jan 10 with 810 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yes, welcome

Jake Beesley on 11:27 - Jan 11 with 795 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 11:30 - Jan 11 with 794 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 789 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 11:40 - Jan 17 with 749 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 22:24 - Jan 19 with 719 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 11:54 - Apr 22 with 669 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 09:18 - Sep 29 with 601 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 21:33 - Dec 1 with 517 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 11:08 - Dec 23 with 482 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jake Beesley on 12:44 - Dec 23 with 465 viewsspell_chekker

Beesley's's been out injured for such a long time that realistically we'll have to wait until after the Forest cup match before we'll be able to start getting more out of him.

Even then, we don't really know what to expect. Beesley could just as easily become a srat as a flop.

I like the way he moves and there's cause for optimism nut we don't know for sure that he can be effective at championship level.

Jake Beesley on 09:46 - Feb 10 with 344 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024