Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town 17:38 - Jan 15 with 222 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Dean Hoyle provides Huddersfield Town update on club finances and Mark Devlin's departure

The Terriers interim CEO provided programme notes for Saturday afternoon's game against Swansea City including details on the chief executive position and his financial input

Huddersfield Town are 25% owned by Hoyle, who has taken the position of interim CEO after the departure of Mark Devlin last month.

Hoyle has been back involved at the club since news in November that other businesses owned by Town 75% owner and chairman Phil Hodgkinson have gone into administration.

Yorkshire Live exclusively revealed on the day that news broke that Hoyle had resumed his financial involvement with the club and that he had paid the October wage bill.

And he has now provided a further update on how that came about and the plans for the chief exec role in his programme notes for Town's Championship clash with Swansea City, where a bumper crowd is expected after the club ran a £5 ticket offer for all fans.

Hoyle wrote: "There's a lot I'd like to address in these notes, and I'd like to begin with the recent departure of Mark Devlin.

"Once again, I want to thank Mark for his services to our football club over the last two years; I wish him the very best for the future.

"I made the change, simply, as I want a fresh start and my own person in that position. In the interim, I will operate as CEO, and a new appointment will be made in due course.

"Well before Mark's departure was announced, it was fairly common knowledge that I had resumed responsibility for the club towards the end of October.

"Having been reassured that all was well financially earlier that month, I had three days' notice to provide £2m to pay October's wages for our players and staff to bring creditor payments up to date.

"I have subsequently provided millions more to meet the cash requirements of the club. The alternative would have been adminstration.

"I've read some suggestions that I only stepped in to secure my financial position, but this is not true.

"In October, I immediately met with the players and staff at the club to explain the situation and reassured everyone - as I do to you now - that I will provide stability going forward.

"There are no other material updates on this front for now, but I will provide you with any as they occur and arise."

Hoyle also revealed that the once-annual Pedal For Pounds fundraiser is planned to return, with a 7th May date the current target.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/dean-hoyle-provides-huddersfi

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024