Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooky 13:45 - Jul 20 with 6333 viewsPigbag

Bumped into him in this pub in Wimbledon village during the tennis. Thanked him for everything he did for our club of which he was very humble! Sad to see him go! real legend of which i hope to see a few of our current crop follow suit.

Cooky on 20:14 - Jul 20 with 1263 viewscheeseydane

Legend or not, until another player gives up 250k plus for the sake of the club, or for any reason tbh...

hes unique.

(Dont hold your breath waiting for one).

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Cooky on 20:39 - Jul 20 with 1241 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Crouch gave 10k I believe into a collection bucket at one game.

Cooky on 20:48 - Jul 20 with 1236 viewsLimehouseR

That sounds like a tall story...

... I'll get my coat.

Cooky on 22:28 - Jul 20 with 1213 viewsTGRRRSSS

This

See Pompey situation with Kanu, Kitson and co

Cooky on 09:01 - Jul 21 with 1174 viewswestberksr

+1

the high opinion of Cook doesn't just have to be judged by what he did on the pitch.

Whilst we have seen the likes of GP and probably 70% of the players through the club in the past 15 years just turn up for the money and give next to f'all back; here is a local kid, lifelong fan that put a lump of cash in to help the club when it was most at need, regardless that the £2.5m we got for him also saved us, he threw his cut in too.

for the younger fans, prior to Adele, I doubt they saw anyone as good as Cook in the hoops. For that one season he carried the badge almost single handedly in a creative role. Opposition used to put 2 or 3 on him and kick lumps out of the poor fukker. He didn't dive, complain, fake injury but got up beat the cu nts the next time and put in a great cross for Dexter or whoever.

I can still remember the absolute joy he showed when he scored a HQ at the end of his first loan spell; maybe not a legend like Stan or Gerry but for many he is pretty close for different reasons.

Cooky on 10:58 - Jul 21 with 1140 viewsDylanP

Well said

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Cooky on 17:39 - Jul 21 with 1094 viewsWestonsuperR

I have massive respect for Cook, he comes across as a top bloke and more importantly he's Rangers though and through. He was superb for the last season before the Fulham transfer and mainly my responsible for us staying up, he was also a true gentlemen when my daughters and nephews were lucky enough to meet him.

Having said all that the word 'legend' is too easily used these days, top, top bloke but let's leave legend for the likes of Sir Les and Stanley.

Cooky on 17:47 - Jul 21 with 1091 viewsBAWHoops

I think every club should have 5 'Legends' max.
Ours are Stan, Rodney, Sir Les and then probably Gerry Francis and Alan McDonald.

Every club has heroes and Lee Cook is a hero. For one season he was phenomenal, worth the entrance fee alone. Then to give a quarter of a million pounds of his own money to QPR was a phenomenal.

His brilliance wasn't for long enough to elevate him to legendary status, he is however a hero and will not be forgotten by this generation.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Cooky on 23:37 - Jul 22 with 1020 viewsTGRRRSSS

5 Legends max is a bit low
Take Man United

Bryan Robson, George Best, Dennis Law, David Beckham, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, Mark Hughes and many more.

Cooky on 00:06 - Jul 23 with 1013 viewsPeterHucker

Lee Cook was a decent player for us. Especially in that one season when he was setting up loads of goals for Blackstock and co. But he's hardly a legend.

So go on then. Here are 50 players that deserve the QPR legend tag more than Lee Cook. No disrespect meant to Cooky.

Gerry Francis
Stan Bowles
Rodney Marsh
Tony Ingham
Les Ferdinand
Alan McDonald
George Goddard
Mark Lazarus
Mike Keen
Ian Gillard
Phil Parkes
Clive Allen
Les Allen
Don Givens
Mick Leach
Roy Wegerle
PAUL PARKER
David Bardsley
Danny Maddix
David Seaman
Peter Hucker
Terry Fenwick
Dave Clement
Dave Thomas
Paul Furlong
Kevin Gallen
Ray Wilkins
Clive Wilson
Bob Hazell
Gary Bannister
Tony Hazell
Roger Morgan
Ian Morgan
Peter Angell
Peter Springett
Simon Barker
Frank McLintock
Ian Holloway
Adel Taarabt
David Seaman
Trevor Sinclair
Andy Impey
Don Masson
Gareth Ainsworth
Brian Bedford
Frank Sibley
Gary Waddock
Terry Venables
Andy Sinton
Glen Roeder

Cooky on 00:08 - Jul 23 with 1011 viewsPeterHucker

is it any wonder everyone hates United so much, every one of those players mentioned is an absolute 24 carat tosspot.

Cooky on 01:12 - Jul 23 with 990 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Sorry to nit pic, but you mentioned Seaman twice
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cooky on 06:42 - Jul 23 with 975 viewseghamranger

Replace one of the Seaman with Karl Ready, job done!

Cooky on 09:41 - Jul 23 with 940 viewsLOFT67

Alan Wilkes.

Loft67

Cooky on 11:58 - Jul 23 with 921 viewsWestbourneR

Well said westberks.

We bang on and on about the lack of loyalty and commitment in players these days and then we are lucky enough to a true fan who literally puts his money where is mouth is and also play brilliantly.

If Lee Cook isn't a legend then few of the others we've named are either.

I'll take cult hero but in my mind he is a legend.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cooky on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 879 viewsQPunkR

QPR - "shit but local"

Cooky on 18:17 - Jul 23 with 843 viewsPeterHucker

so is nobody going to do a Karl Ready / semen joke then? I'm disappointed in you and so is that Jamaican taxi driver!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024