Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheap(ish) train tickets 17:37 - Feb 28 with 2682 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Is it generally six weeks or three months in advance thr they go on sale? I've got mixed up with flights

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 17:53 - Feb 28 with 2670 viewsShotKneesHoop

Three months gets you the best possible tickets. I use East Coast to book tickets anywhere in the UK. No booking fee, you get loyalty points from them and you can load in your proposed journey on their web site and they will tell you as soon as the cheapest tickets are available.

Last week I did Longbridge London Norwich for £19, I can do London Edinburgh for £15, London Leeds £10, London Norwich £5. You just need to book in plenty of time.

Try - http://www.eastcoast.co.uk

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 20:57 - Feb 28 with 2620 viewsWokingR

Can someone go and check if Clive is alright.
That's over 3 hours this post has been up about trains and not a peep from him.
Is no one else worried ?

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 21:05 - Feb 28 with 2610 viewsVish

Three months give or take

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 21:08 - Feb 28 with 2606 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Cheers lads. So Liverpool away is looking like £77 rtn for every single train that day then.

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 21:17 - Feb 28 with 2597 viewsVish

Nope. The cheap tickets for that haven't quite been released yet. I would imagine in a few days or so

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 21:32 - Feb 28 with 2592 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Cheers Vish. I was hoping that was the case. There are plenty of cheap tickets available for the Saturday and the Monday though which made me a bit pessimistic

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 22:15 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsstowmarketrange

Also it might be chaper to break the journey into two.For example,a return to Crewe and then a return to Liverpool from Crewe might work out cheaper.London Midlands trains are normally cheaper but slower.So it depends on what you want,but shop around for the best value.

Cheap(ish) train tickets (n/t) on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsstowmarketrange

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 22:21 - Feb 28 with 2562 viewsShotKneesHoop

Try going King's Cross - Doncaster - Liverpool, longer way round but should be cheaper; and the first bit to Doncaster is bloody fast.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 22:28 - Feb 28 with 2550 viewsstowmarketrange

Good shout.Unfortunately all the direct tickets will be taken by plastic scousers travelling up from London.Same with the Mancs.

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 2547 viewsShotKneesHoop

£31 for 2 singles from East Coast web site, London - Liverpool and return for two weeks before.

Suggest you join East Coast web site, put in your travel dates and they'll email you when you can buy them.

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 08:22 - Mar 1 with 2506 viewsWareRanger

All tickets from Euston direct to Liverpool on Virgin are currently £77 return. However, I've just booked tickets Euston to Crewe and then onto Liverpool for £35 which is pretty reasonable.

Cheap(ish) train tickets on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 2468 viewshoof_hearted

Trains are the first thing that have really made me feel old. I used to just turn up and buy a ticket now it is more difficult than getting a flight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024