Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today would have been... 17:50 - Oct 12 with 2322 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Alan McDonald's 50th birthday. Childhood hero and an absolute QPR legend. RIP Macca.

Today would have been... on 18:00 - Oct 12 with 2310 viewsbosh67

Saw this, this morning, RIP Macca.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today would have been... on 19:45 - Oct 12 with 2279 viewsHollowayRanger

great shame rip

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Today would have been... on 19:52 - Oct 12 with 2275 viewsMonahoop

One of the finest, if not the finest defender to have donned the hooped shirt of QPR.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Today would have been... on 23:17 - Oct 12 with 2238 viewsBklynRanger

I remember standing outside LR in about 1993. I think I was there just to watch the players leave. Anyway near the end Macca came out and what I remember most was his accent. Hearing a hero like that talking 20 yards away in the same way I did, miles away from home still as a fairly young lad, it just put that extra bit of glue between me and the club.

4 years ago I accidentally threw away the program he'd signed (separate occasion) - into a County Antrim skip. I try not to think about that.

Today would have been... on 23:23 - Oct 12 with 2235 viewsloftboy

Definitely the finest, by far and away my favourite ever QPR player. RIP Macca

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Today would have been... on 01:17 - Oct 13 with 2215 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Don't know about 'finest', 'greatest' or 'best' in terms of adjectives to apply to Alan McDonald with regards to his position or performances. All I know is that once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I realised that Alan McDonald epitomised everything that I considered important in a person, in a footballer or ultimately in a Man.

Today would have been... on 01:36 - Oct 13 with 2209 viewsSonofNorfolt

Wish I had read this earlier, as I was drinking with Dave Anderson, who's the Harrow Boro manager and one of Macca's best mates. We would have had a toast to him. xx

Today would have been... on 02:42 - Oct 13 with 2199 viewsBklynRanger

Mel, You, me, Dave and Dave Howell can all go for a drink some time. Would be a great laugh. Dave H is a good friend of mine through our lady friends (I photographed his wedding too). He drinks like woman but he knows a lot :)

Today would have been... on 02:45 - Oct 13 with 2197 viewsSonofNorfolt

Where's he now? All I know is he has left St Albans..

Greenwich village it is then.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 2:48]

Today would have been... on 02:51 - Oct 13 with 2185 viewsBklynRanger

Not anywhere at the moment. A happy family man but an unused talent football-wise. I took him to a Mets game once - he related everything to football to the point that I had to tell him to stop...

Grennwich Village is fine by me, would be bonkers

More likely to be Hammersmith though, all things considered
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 2:55]

Today would have been... on 03:14 - Oct 13 with 2165 viewsSonofNorfolt

Or my local.

Today would have been... on 03:29 - Oct 13 with 2159 viewsBklynRanger

Ideal. I'll need a lift.

Today would have been... on 07:20 - Oct 13 with 2141 viewssmegma

Had a drink with DH a couple of years ago when we played Harrow Borough when he was manager. He didnt touch a drop the woman !! Me and Sudbury Hill drunk his share instead.

Today would have been... on 09:06 - Oct 13 with 2124 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Funnily enough I messaged DH on Thursday as it was his birthday. We were firm school mates and played at various levels of football together. He was a cracking centre back. I think the first black player to represent England at any level?

Today would have been... on 10:28 - Oct 13 with 2086 viewssmegma

Even before Laurie Cunningham ?

Howell started his professional career with Fulham in 1978, but failed to reach the first team.[1] He then moved on to various non-league clubs, including Harrow Borough (whom he helped win the 1984 Isthmian League Premier Division Championship), Hounslow Town, Hillingdon Borough and Enfield. He was also a Semi-pro international, achieving the honour of being the first black England National Game XI captain.

[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 10:32]

Today would have been... on 23:36 - Oct 13 with 2030 viewsBklynRanger

She's a small world - no doubt about that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024