Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? 00:52 - Nov 24 with 2896 viewskingshill

Yes they may have perfected the offside trap, but for God's sake, off the top of my head I remember them scoring 7 against Bolton, 6 against Boro, 4 against Charlton at least twice (and 3 away) 4 at Wolves and loads more if I could be arsed to check over 3 seasons.
Yes they played the offside trap but some people need to.remember how good Allen, Stainrod, Sealy for a season, Gregory, Flanagan, Currie and the rest were at that time. They would wipe the floor with most if not all of the winners of that division of the last 30 years, certainly the Reading and Fulham teams that walked their divisions would have been right up against it against that team. We should celebrate how good they were, not slate them.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 0:59]

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 01:08 - Nov 24 with 2875 viewsCamberleyR

Yes we had talented players and a good team but those big wins you speak of came on the plastic pitch which though we may not care to admit it and certainly didn't at the time, gave us a massive advantage in its early years.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 04:17 - Nov 24 with 2845 viewsMelakaRanger

Don't belittle the Venable's tenure.

It was a long time ago now and time sometimes changes how people remember their memories

My recollections are that we were very successful and played some wonderful football in those days

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 01:42 - Nov 25 with 2673 viewsSonofNorfolt

We had the best away record too.

Liverpool, dominant then, used to 'Push up', when we did it was 'playing the offside game'.
Exactly the same but different.
How clever were they?

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 02:27 - Nov 25 with 2661 viewscarrotcrunch_R

We were so boring that a small time club like Barcelona poached him to re kick start there history of playing boring football and not winning anything .

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 07:51 - Nov 25 with 2594 viewsMelakaRanger

I have to say the best years I have seen for QPR in the 50 ish years I have been supporting/watching/attending were in no particular order

The Jago years
The Sexton Years
The Venables Years

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 15:29 - Nov 25 with 2518 viewsDylanP

Couldn't agree more with the OP. We played wonderful skillful football under Venables. I cannot understand how anyone who has watch QPR for a while can't appreciate those glorious days.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 16:08 - Nov 25 with 2508 viewssmegma

People just like to moan don't they. I remember 'fans' on here complaining about Holloways promotion side 'only limping over the line on the last day'. Ditto Warnocks majestic, all conquering , top of the table for 44 out of 46 games while winning the championship side 'leaving it until the last couple of games'.
Well according to Gordon Maceys latest tome Venables had the best wins record of ANY QPR manager with 50% (that's not taking into account Warnock who isn't listed ). We scored fives ,sixes and seven during his reign while 4 goal games were quite frequent if anyone cares to look it up. In 82/83 we had 3 scorers on double figures with the much maligned Tony Sealy top scorer with more than both Stainrod & Allen.We scored 80 goals that season as well. One of the best eras in QPRs history as you had to be very skilful to play on the Omniturf. Anyone who thinks Venables sides were boring is a complete idiot.

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 16:16 - Nov 25 with 2504 viewsdolcelatte

Or just of a different opinion to you

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 16:25 - Nov 25 with 2493 viewsShotKneesHoop

The Sir Alec years were the best of the lot. IMHO.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

So apparently now apparently the Venables team was boring? on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 2432 viewsdolcelatte

Simple Dylan - we were efficient but the anti football offside trap was boring. It will divide fan base as much as Taarabt & Holloway...

Several of you liked it - I get that - Several of us didn't and thought Holloway's football was shite as well. Must have been spoilt watching in 76..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024