Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where were you when?... 11:30 - Nov 28 with 4227 viewsPigbag

Donny away saturday reminds me of the countdown to when we lifted that trophy, which now seems years ago. My favourite moment during that wonderful campaign is finding out that there would be no points deduction. Where were you when you first heard the announcement? And what ensued in the next following minutes? I was standing outside the smuts and recieved a txt of a Man Utd supporting armchair fan that we were in the clear, I can't actually remembered what happened next but the feeling that went through my body will never be replicated in my opinon.

Where were you when?... on 11:34 - Nov 28 with 3317 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was having a bit of brunch with friends and family. Some guy told us and actually, it was weird. We kind of all smiled and went 'oh, great! Thank God for that.'

I'll never forgive the FA or Paladini for ruining what should have been a special moment. I felt it much more at Watford, much more emotional, and yet I couldn't really celebrate, because we couldn't have it confirmed.

then for the club to refuse to celebrate properly with a parade was a disgrace. The whole thing was tainted, it's such a shame.

Bare bones.

Where were you when?... on 11:35 - Nov 28 with 3317 viewssimmo

I imagine this will be talked about for years to come, it's our version of the Kennedy assassination!

I was in Nando's on the Uxbridge Road. Person I was with got a phonecall, you could see the news travelling around tables and everyone just started cheering and we shook hands/hugged those around us. Certain non-football people there must have wondered what the fck was going on.

Lovely stuff :-)
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 11:36]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Where were you when?... on 11:44 - Nov 28 with 3302 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Still half drunk from the night before, having a beer at Orthodox_Hoop's with him and a dedicated Serb fan Radomir.

Had A BBQ after the Leeds game close by and the noise from the Bush went on 'til it was dark.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Where were you when?... on 12:18 - Nov 28 with 3260 viewsW7Ranger

Was walking down South Africa Road not too far from the artificial pitch. I had only minutes earlier walked past a man selling "We Are Premier League" T-shirts!! I just said "err... we ain't yet mate!"

Literally about a minute later, I was walking behind a couple of Leeds fans who were on the phone and overheard one of them saying "Oh well, we can't get in the play offs now then!" As they were relying on a Points deduction to give them an outside chance of reaching the play offs, I twigged at that a verdict had finally been announced. I asked them if they'd heard anything and they told me that there was a no points deduction, just a big fine!! I was like "Are you sure? Is that definite?"

Got to the Springbok and and went to phone my Dad to check and I had 2 or 3 missed calls/voicemails giving me the news! It was a surreal atmosphere outside the pub. A mixture of joy, disbelief, relief! For me. the fact we all found out prior to kick off along with all the other fans added to the unique and special atmosphere of the day. We were going up now, so we could all enjoy the day and the atmosphere, which was pretty special in the ground prior to kick off. The only thing that slightly spoiled it for me was that we lost! Other than that, it was a brilliant day. Wicked atmosphere in the pubs afterwards. People playing football on Shepherds Bush Green etc... I got completely vvankered!!!

Where were you when?... on 13:02 - Nov 28 with 3209 viewsJuzzie

Lunch at the Harp Cafe. A bloke suddenly stood up and asked for everyone's attention and told us the news. A huge cheer followed by hearing cheering outside. Happy days.

Where were you when?... on 13:13 - Nov 28 with 3195 viewssmegma

In the Pavilion with some Leeds mates and about 100 R's. Suddenly phones were ringing and texts coming through then EVERYONE stared at the TV on the wall.

Where were you when?... on 13:21 - Nov 28 with 3185 viewsEastR

Standing at the bar waiting to be served in the White Horse. I started queuing when the story first broke in early March, and finally got served just at the good news came through

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Where were you when?... on 13:53 - Nov 28 with 3157 viewsFearless

Outside The Vagrant ( Shepherd & Flock) received a phone call from my Hudders mate Craig, to say no points deduction. Moments later, it came up on the tv in the window - then mayhem commenced!

Where were you when?... on 14:05 - Nov 28 with 3137 viewsQPRMUSO

I was in the club shop and it just errupted, a great experience and will never forget seeing the unified relief, an excellent moment. Then Rangers scored within 90 secs of the start, I couldn't believe what was happening, what a party.

Where were you when?... on 14:08 - Nov 28 with 3133 viewsScarecrow

In Weatherspoons in the Bush with about 15 rs and 40/50 Leeds. (hardcore) When it was announced anyone with a mobile going ape and sharing, dancing with anyone around them. Fair play to Leeds when they seen all the euphoria starting to a man they all clapped and cheered us. Never got round to sending them a message in their match programme of gratitude.
Somehow lost 2 of my mates on way back to Bush station after game, when police closed the Crown & Sceptre and surrounding pubs. That’s London Pride kicking in again.
Days like those, plus Kevin Gallen also in C&S equally happy.

Where were you when?... on 14:44 - Nov 28 with 3091 viewsGaztastic

Sitting in my seat in the Lower Loft watching Neil being interviewed in the distance, over by the dug outs, when friend arrived and told me the news. Straight away onto the radio to check it was really, really true. Shame they didn't announce it over the PA as soon as news in. Then again, I can rarely pick up what announcements are about so would most probably have still been in the dark. Sad to miss a shared moment of promotion euphoria. Had to make do with the early goal celebration. So pleased I was at Hillsborough to see us promoted to League 1 / Championship. That was more like it - wild joy after each goal and at the final whistle and the team ending up in a giant bundle. Talking of which - can't wait to see the players of '03/'04 next Tuesday. Will have to dig out my old sellotape shirt and video of the season. Have I missed a thread on that or is no one that bothered??

Where were you when?... on 14:46 - Nov 28 with 3088 viewsClive_Anderson

I was sat refreshing bloody Twitter non-stop all weekend waiting to hear about the verdict. What a crappy way to win the league.

Where were you when?... on 23:08 - Nov 28 with 2984 viewsted_hendrix

We were outside the Coningham Arms, nobody would believe it at first running in and out of the pub to check on the TV in disbelief to be honest.
After the game the Uxbridge Road was complete mayhem walking across the road to the British queen and back again.
The whole place was alive, traffic snarled up, you couldn't buy or bottle that feeling that day.
Its those rare moments of utter elation that make being a football fan all worthwhile.
They don't come round often.
Sheffield Wednesday away was something else too, but the announcement of a no points deduction was out of this World.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Where were you when?... on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 2967 viewszicoshoops

In the Conni, just sat down in shock with a wall of sound going on around me.
Walked to the ground and watched the match still in shock.
Couldn't believe the front of the fella, when Paladini started to give a speech on the pitch after the match.
The cheeky b.astard got booed from here to Christmas.

The Uxbridge rd was bedlam that evening.
Ended up on Shepherds Bush Green until the early hours, drinking wine from the bottle.
Finally ended up in Hanwell just in time for an early house Sunday morning.

I've gotta be honest........... I've had worse Saturday nights.

Where were you when?... on 00:03 - Nov 29 with 2952 viewsqueensparker

I was driving down Scrubs Lane. Came on the radio just as I got to that mini roundabout near Car Giant, so I pulled over and started beeping my horn, jumping around in the driver's seat and going mental.

After a bit I looked to my right to see a policeman staring at me out of his car window. To be fair to him he just gave the thumbs up.

Left the car outside the pub that night

Where were you when?... on 08:08 - Nov 29 with 2913 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Ireland, in my house on my own. I' decided not to go to the game. I hadn't been to enough for the season to justify gatecrashing the potential party. Heard it on the box as it happened and immediately phones and texts from were buzzing. Friends of many, many years sharing our joy. I wept with joy and with love for my Rangers friends, wished I had more numbers to talk to more people and, yes, wished I'd bloody well gatecrashed the game.

Sublime moment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where were you when?... on 09:06 - Nov 29 with 2891 viewsWokingR

We were walking up the Uxbridge Road and you could literally hear the news, cheers and relief working it's way up the road toward us. Just stopped for a few minutes to enjoy it and let it sink in. All got very emotional.
Still mixed with anger though at how what should have been the perfect moment was allowed to be ruined

Where were you when?... on 09:49 - Nov 29 with 2874 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Playing football with my son in Wormholt Park before the game. Some old boy comes up and says have we heard, no points deduction? We had to be certain so we dashed off to the ground. Celebrations had already started but I couldn't be certain until I saw it confirmed on the TV! Great moment!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Where were you when?... on 10:15 - Nov 29 with 2857 viewsM40R

On a Central Line train just passing North Action as it flashed up on my Blackberry. I still shiver whenever I pass that spot...

Where were you when?... on 11:34 - Nov 29 with 2828 viewsNathanNI

In the White Horse, got a text of a pal and then it spread. Good cheer and a lot of relieved folks.

Where were you when?... on 13:20 - Nov 29 with 2806 viewskomradkirk

also in the white horse,four or five of us got in early doors and It was pretty lively.
was confident but a relief none the less.
first aftershocks of the day.

Where were you when?... on 13:28 - Nov 29 with 2785 viewsdoogi55

it was ruined by all that for me but i was on the platform at hanger lane.
i really want to win it this year and able to celebrate properly

Where were you when?... on 16:07 - Nov 29 with 2734 viewsRangersDave

I'd just pulled into a service area on Autostrada 4 on my way with the family to Venice for an overnight stop.
I managed to get wi-fi and found out on my phone.
I cried, and danced a jig in front of all the Italians present!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Where were you when?... on 16:17 - Nov 29 with 2724 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Was on the train heading to the game with my Dad. It was a weird atmosphere, no one was really happy. My Dad was checking twitter to find out the team news. All of a sudden he shouted out 'No poins deduction!'. At first everyone seemed really confused, but then everyone started cheering and hugging. Was brilliant

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:18 - Nov 29 with 2724 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024