Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... 12:06 - May 15 with 2200 viewsBFC_Tim

.. never saw him and do don't no! Bizarre to this this generations will probably be Charlie Adam!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... on 12:09 - May 15 with 2196 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I didn't see him either. But to my mind he would have stiff competition from Hampson, Mortensen and Green.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... on 12:57 - May 15 with 2175 viewsseasider13

Before my time, but what Sir Stanley achieved off the pitch makes him one of the greatest players of all time.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... on 20:53 - May 15 with 2156 viewschesterbfc

I saw him towards the end and would put Morty before him, He seemed to be a prima donna to me as a kid. fArmfield was one of the first attacking fullbacks and so neat. Tommy Hutch was as tricky and faster as was Trev Sinclair, but different eras.

Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... on 21:45 - May 15 with 2146 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remember when I first started going to matches in the 70's, one of my neighbours who'd been going since the 30's always told me Matthews was the best he'd ever seen. He also would praise Hampson, Morty and a player from (I think) the late 50's think he was from Northern Ireland, said he could have been one of the greats, but injury ended his career very early. (Going to have to check the books, can't remember his name)

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Was Sir Stan our greatest ever player ... on 17:34 - May 16 with 2125 viewsBigbrother

Well he was better than the last player to play for us with the initials SS!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024