Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? 00:46 - Apr 22 with 5896 viewsgiro

As you're one of very few who, for want of a better phrase, try to accentuate the positive. Where do you see this shambles actually ending up?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 1:05]

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 12:31 - Apr 22 with 5128 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Giro, I'm not really best placed to comment, but I'd say :

1. Beckford and all the loanees go home after play-off defeat to Sheffield United

2. Grayson potted for perennial failure

3. Sluggish start to next season is followed by back to back defeats at Highbury and Bloomfield Road

4. This in turn leads to another panic sacking of the manager, whose replacement can do no better than take the team to 15th (thirteen places and twenty five points behind Blackpool)

As you say, a shambles.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 13:05 - Apr 22 with 5107 viewsMephistopheles

Ooh touché El Presidente

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 13:31 - Apr 22 with 5096 viewsgiro

Very witty, Robbie
Now, is there any chance you might answer my enquiry regarding Blackpool's current state of 'flux'?

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 5080 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's none of your business.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 14:55 - Apr 22 with 5054 viewsgiro

Typical b l o o d y Whitehall stonewalling.!

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 15:59 - Apr 22 with 5032 viewsseasider13

Never a good idea to turn up with a knife at a gunfight giro,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 4993 viewsgiro

Seasider13,
It doesn't really matter when the gun is basically firing a cork on a string.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 4938 viewsribble

We're not in the end game yet giro, not by a long way.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 20:43 - Apr 22 with 4919 viewsgiro

I realise that, ribble. Just trying to get view on how you chaps feel things will pan out.
However,Robbie wants to be inscrutable, but you can always break ranks?

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 21:25 - Apr 22 with 4897 viewsribble

I simply don't know, giro, is the honest answer but I can't see the present owners going anywhere while the business is profitable.

I suppose my fear is that relegation and diminishing gates will mean worsening returns for the Oystons and subsequently an even poorer playing budget allocation than we have now - so down the Divisions we will go. Only when we are no longer financially viable will they sell, or attempt to sell. But the way the business is structured is hardly likely to entice a string of cash rich offshore investors. Our Latvian friend is a red herring but there's an awful lot of misguided wishful thinking riding on him.

If things get really bleak next season then I can see a break away club being formed. There's already talk of it. It would be a huge mistake, in my view, but people have just had enough - what tolerance there was of the Oystons has simply evaporated over the last 2 years. Bridges have been burnt and there's (literally) no going back for many.

We're in the crap, basically.

By the way, send Larry back when you've done with him. Only hope we have of getting out of League 1 on an Oyston budget.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 21:26]

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 22:15 - Apr 22 with 4862 viewsgiro

Thanks for that honest appraisal, ribble.

The Oyston's are alledged to have said, "we paid a pound for the club, and that's what it'll be worth when we sell it". Given their performance to date, it seems quite plausible.

Larry's not available, even if we do miss out. In my book he's one of the most honest and capable managers available at this level.

Wasn't Holloway's promotion side made up mostly of Grayson's signings?

Robbie, as you want to keep your views close to your chest. What do you think of ribbles view?

[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 22:19]

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 22:34 - Apr 22 with 4849 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think I'll chat about it to him next time I see him.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 23:27 - Apr 22 with 4819 viewsgiro

Thank you, Sir Humphrey Appleby.

I presume your favourite Rod Stewart track is.....I don't want to talk about it?

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 07:55 - Apr 23 with 4782 viewsWizaard

Here's another view for you.

This season has been disastrous from start to finish. Like ribble, I've always thought they'd stick it out, but it's got to the point where I just don't see any benefit to anyone in them staying, themselves included.

To that extent, I could see them accepting an offer from a consortium, something I didn't see three months ago.

If I got the chance, I'd be advising them to get out now, otherwise things will only get nastier.

On the field, we'll struggle again unless Clark has a transformation as despite what's alleged to be in the bank, League One has a strict salary cap we'll fall foul of, based on turnover. With dwindling income, barely any over and above those on two year deals, I'd imagine we'll be coping on a wage bill around £1.6 million.

For that reason, the likes of O'Hara will be unaffordable. As I said, unless Clark has a string of good cheap replacements and is allowed to sign them, I just can't see us doing anything.

Tailspins are swines to get out of and we're in the centre of a real maelstrom. This is the culmination of at least two years struggling and that mindset is difficult to change, especially with all that's going on off the pitch.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 08:52 - Apr 23 with 4769 viewscamberwell1

Some good posts people
IMO we are absolutely knack ed

If the Oyston's don't go who will go next season or beyond - 1% of our potential fan base - all these guys have got to go and as I've said before we've gotta kick them out (by any means) and very very soon. This IS the Battle for BFC

The next matter is the playing side a d managerial figure head. No way Jose are we keeping Lee Clark - his record over the last 2/3 seasons says it all - he doesn't sound, look or even resemble a pro footie manager -as for players in Lge 1 you will get what u pay for so smell the coffee.

We need a Revolution, it might be bloody but it might not be costly - if we do nothing or maintain the status Quo we're a dodo if we aren't one already !

Have a good weekend
Cambers

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 17:06 - Apr 23 with 4705 viewsseasider13

Unfortunately i can only echo what ribble, wizard and camberwell said.

Just for you giro,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 21:43 - Apr 23 with 4663 viewsribble

Wiz - you're right about the need for a change of mindset. I'm not blaming Clark for our current position but he is tainted by our demise this season so I'm not at all sure he's in the best position to deliver the necessary fresh approach. New man needed.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 21:56 - Apr 23 with 4657 viewsjanegallagher

Well he's certainly not trying to hold out any olive branches - given his vindictiveness he may just want to see us drop out the league.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 22:46 - Apr 23 with 4641 viewsterminallytangerine

Why can everybody see the need to change apart from the one man who needs to?

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 11:56 - Apr 25 with 4345 viewsWronga

Personally I think the end game has come for fans - either support the club and therefore indirectly the Oyston's or you have to walk away and put pressure on them to leave.

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 4307 viewsWizaard

That will be more of a debating point if they haven't gone in a year's time. As it is, 6000 already have a vested interest with their two year deals. It's true some are already stopping, but there again, I know some who have written this season off and will be back in August.

When this batch of deals finish next season, that's when hard decisions will be made.

Major change will have had to occurred for the majority to go again.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 13:09 - May 15 with 4200 viewshopinandwishin

Just on this one, I can't help but feel that the Oyston's have intertwined so many of the clubs business interests with their own it's difficult to see how you could separate them all. For that reason, any sale or transfer of power would be a long and complex one which could last years and so my thoughts are may as well get behind the team now and hope the club survives to tell the tale later.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 13:50 - May 15 with 4189 viewsHarryHorse

Any sale or takeover certainly wouldn't happen overnight but if the buyer and seller agree on a price it shouldn't take years to do the due diligence etc ( on the principle two parties want the same outcome)

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 19:43 - May 15 with 4133 viewsribble

There isn't a seller. That's the problem.

Robbie, how do you see the endgame playing out on this debacle? on 20:16 - May 15 with 4121 viewsHarryHorse

Yes , I fear you may be right there Ribble ...still everything has its price they say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024