Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan violence 20:25 - Mar 11 with 1964 viewsHannibal

Considering the current spate of bellendery from fans, what’s the answer?

I’m not wanting to see counter measures which will affect everyone because of said bellends but I think the answer lies in stewards being trained to react better. Shouldn’t have happened if the guys being paid to watch the crowd weren’t asleep surely? Also draconian measures against perpetrators would help, I mean more than 14 months in prison for example would help?

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Fan violence on 20:32 - Mar 11 with 1585 viewsLala

I agree. Stewards to up their game and personal convictions for offenders rather than clubs being penalised.

It’s a shame that the fate of any club can come down to the behaviour of an errant few spoiling it for the well behaved masses who put their clubs future before their own selfish,often drunken, mostly stupid whims.

Gosh, I think I’m a bit annoyed!

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Fan violence on 20:35 - Mar 11 with 1585 viewsspell_chekker

A difficult balance to achieve.

Football has changed and normal people want something that women and families will enjoy.

Many of the bell ends are now middle aged men living on memories. Time will filter them out.

Give it another 10 years.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Fan violence on 20:42 - Mar 11 with 1580 viewsHannibal

Paul Mitchell is 27 so doesn’t fit into that category unfortunately. I don’t think it’s an old school thing I think this is new and worrying.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Fan violence on 20:46 - Mar 11 with 1574 viewsspell_chekker

When BFC becomes more professional, I hope they get to grips with it.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Fan violence on 20:51 - Mar 11 with 1567 viewsspell_chekker

I know that nobody's allowed to say anything critical, but I'm going to voice a concern I've had for quite a while.

IMO. The board member TAM has an Achilles heel. In his message board life, and perhaps real life associations, he pals along with some of the more 'ladsy' members of BFC's support.

I hope he isn't too influenced by them.

He is perfectly entitled to keep the company he wants but I for one wouldn't like this faction to influence the direction of the club.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 20:55]

Fan violence on 20:53 - Mar 11 with 1564 viewsLala

This Paul Mitchell guy is a violent thug and his actions are not in the name of sport.

At least action has been taken and quickly and this moron is where he belongs right now.

Clubs and managers have a duty of care towards the players. All fans should abide by whatever rules are in place in my opinion. If you can’t then stop attending.You can’t bend and break the rules as and when suits and expect no comeback. Well you can, but you’re being silly.

Spell I think that issue was raised by myself and Jane a number of times regarding how BST react to the stupidity of some fans. TAM stated that it wasn’t within the remit of BST, fair enough. I’m glad it seems to be part of the remit of the new board 👍

Maybe myself and Jane were ahead of our time
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 21:00]

Fan violence on 20:56 - Mar 11 with 1559 viewsspell_chekker

Is he a Blackpool fan?

Fan violence on 21:00 - Mar 11 with 1552 viewsLala

No, he’s Birmingham Spell.

Fan violence on 21:03 - Mar 11 with 1541 viewsROTTWEILERS

I think it's important to keep things proportionate as well. Most of us are at the mercy of bellends each and every day. In the pub, at the game, on the street. FFS, my job entails visiting murderers and child abusers armed with a pen and a writing pad. I'm sure the nursing staff at BVH have a rough time of it too, as do loads of other professions.

It just so happens Grealish was attacked on a football pitch.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Fan violence on 21:06 - Mar 11 with 1536 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

He ran on the pitch and attacked Jack Grealish at the Birmingham Villa game yesterday.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fan violence on 21:08 - Mar 11 with 1534 viewsjanegallagher

Absolutely LaLa. I took a few screenshots of some of the hideous threats of violence , I’ve just been having a read. Sadly they were TAMs friends. Hope they’ve given their heads a wobble and realised how pathetic they were being.

I still think of that poor lad on the London bus hope he’s come back to watch Pool
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 21:09]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fan violence on 21:10 - Mar 11 with 1532 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, Jane posted it.

I haven't been paying attention too much over the weekend.

+ roof

Fan violence on 21:11 - Mar 11 with 1526 viewsjanegallagher

Did you like my song though spell. One of my favourites

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fan violence on 21:12 - Mar 11 with 1519 viewsspell_chekker

Which song?

Fan violence on 21:14 - Mar 11 with 1518 viewsjanegallagher

Which song

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fan violence on 21:16 - Mar 11 with 1512 viewsspell_chekker

This one?

Fan violence on 21:16 - Mar 11 with 1512 viewsLala

I get that Rotts. That said if someone ran into your office and thumped you in the neck I’d like to think they too would get charged with assault.

If preventive action is keeping randomers from roaming into your office then keeping them off the pitch makes sense where a players safety is concerned.

Fan violence on 21:25 - Mar 11 with 1501 viewsspell_chekker

AAAhh Thanks for the roof song Jane.

I've had quite a few roof problems in the last couple of years and am sick of getting the ladders out.

After 3 years of trying, it seems as though I've solved the skylight problem.

Even though I'd rather do it myself, for insurance purposes I'm obliged to hire a chimney sweep, who caused me further problems.

Then there's the natural wind damage stuff.

I'm always up there

J'en ai marre.

Fan violence on 21:29 - Mar 11 with 1497 viewsROTTWEILERS

Premiership players have 30,000+ eye witnesses, a team of highly trained security and slightly less trained team of students in hi-vis, police, cameras from a million different angles. The guy got an almost instantaneous 14 week jail sentence. Do you genuinely think if you or I got a similar clout to the back of the head, the offender would a) get caught and b) get a similar sentence? I'm doubtful. Whilst not condoning the man's actions, I am not falling into the media trap of conflating this with a perceived wider problem. Think it was only last month that it was going off at a horse racing meet.

Demmicks are everywhere 😨

Fan violence on 21:35 - Mar 11 with 1493 viewsspell_chekker

When that Hull City fan was down on the ground and I put the boot in, there weren't any cameras.

Unfortunately, when I punched the Doncaster fan, a police officer saw me do it and arrested me.

It depends who sees it.

Fan violence on 21:36 - Mar 11 with 1493 viewsLala

I hope he’d get bloody caught if he came into my office and did it!

I agree I don’t think it’s a wide reaching issue , but simple deterrents that keep fans off the pitch and go towards preventing even one incident has to be progress. Just policing the current rules and making individual perpetrators culpable is a start.

Are you a hooligan then Spell?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 21:45]

Fan violence on 21:47 - Mar 11 with 1483 viewsjanegallagher

Spell hope you’re kidding

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fan violence on 21:48 - Mar 11 with 1481 viewsLala

Maybe that’s why he’s in exile 🤔

Fan violence on 21:49 - Mar 11 with 1480 viewsROTTWEILERS

Toxic masculinity innit 💪

Fan violence on 22:02 - Mar 11 with 1473 viewsspell_chekker

No Jane, I'm not kidding.

I got arrested a few times in the 80s.

Yes, I know it's pathetic but I was young and it was the thing to do at the time.

Now in middle age, I would no way do the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024