Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Build the team around Gnanduillet 09:20 - Apr 23 with 409 viewsROTTWEILERS

....and play to his strengths. This appears to be McPhilips' strategy.

But what are Gnanduillet's strengths?

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 10:00 - Apr 23 with 407 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

He's never going to be more than a 1 in 3 or 4 goals a game striker, he's not an out and out goalscorer.

Think in the few matches I've seen the midfield plays too deep or are not quick enough to support him.

Not sure T McP is the person to take us forward, and as said before think new owners will bring in their own man.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 11:05 - Apr 23 with 402 viewsLala

It’s the inconsistency that irks. Not reliable enough to deliver in the majority of games.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 400 viewsspell_chekker

I agree on principle about Gnaduillet, the style of football, and TM's future with the club.

However, it's one of those arguments that can go round in circles in saying that TM has done a great job under the circumstances. He's had to manage what he's got in accordance with the state of the pitch, training ground issues, and under investment.

TM recognised the lack of goals and creativity and got Kirby, Long, Sorensen, Virtue, and Evans in the January transfer window.

Again, under different circumstances, perhaps at least one of them would have had a red hot streak and fired us into the play offs.

Imagine if someone had done enough to turn the Peterborough and Doncaster home games into wins
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 11:51]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 12:16 - Apr 23 with 393 viewsokeh_for_some

Any negativity at this point towards McPhillips is unfounded in my opinion. He's working wonders with players he inherited from the previous regime and can only be truly assessed once he's put his own mark on the squad. With Gnanduillet we suffer from Peter Crounch syndrome - sometimes the easy option is play it up to the big man and look for scraps. I'd much prefer mobile and interchangable front men (& Gnanduillet as an impact sub) rather than a change of manager.

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 391 viewsspell_chekker

Exactly what Okeh said.

We just don't know. The state of the pitch dictating how the team is set up and plays.

Another point in his defense - Early reports suggested that he had a more expansive / attractive approach when compared with Bowyer.

I still wouldn't be bothered if he got potted though.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 13:14 - Apr 23 with 381 viewsROTTWEILERS

All fair and solid posts.... but what are Gnanduillet's strengths? What does he do well?

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 13:18 - Apr 23 with 379 viewsspell_chekker

You've got me on that one Rot.

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 13:47 - Apr 23 with 376 viewsokeh_for_some

Wins a few defensive headers and on the odd occasion can hold the ball up well and link play. He's also got a fair shot on him. It's easier to think of areas he could improv. For a big unit he could make a lot more of his physical presence and he can be very wasteful at times.

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 372 viewsROTTWEILERS

Thanks okeh. I agree with all of that.

I also think he gets too much respect from some fans and opposition managers as he gets pulled around alot. This creates an impression of him being a handful, but in reality is because he is physically bullied too easily - which you mention.

I think the overall point I'm trying to make is that in no way should AG be the focal point of our team. Whilst he does possess some limited qualities that set him apart from other options, these aren't enough to build a winning team around.

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 14:29 - Apr 23 with 368 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I still think at home the midfield sit too deep and isolate Nug Nugs. Also the midfield is a bit too samey as well, suffers from a lack of width. Think that lack of width also causes problems for our full backs. Conceding too many goals from crosses that should be cut off at source.

Back to Nug Nugs, he really should be a plan B or 2nd striker IMO.

Again must qualify this by saying only seen a very limited number of matches.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 11:42 - Apr 24 with 356 viewsRebeccas_Jeweller

He seems to be very hard on himself too. If he loses a header or the ball, his head drops really quickly and he starts to sulk and throw his arms around.
He needs some loving and a nice cuppa i would say to keep his chin up

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 11:45 - Apr 24 with 353 viewsjanegallagher

You’re too nice becks, I see him as a spoilt brat 😂

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 11:47 - Apr 24 with 351 viewsRebeccas_Jeweller

lol Jane. Maybe i was too diplomatic? I wanted to strangle him on Monday when he was wandering around arms in the air and not chasing the ball down. Then i felt sorry for him for a while.
Then he ran slower than me and didn't pass the ball to Long when he could have scored - i wanted to strangle him again!

Build the team around Gnanduillet on 12:18 - Apr 24 with 347 viewsROTTWEILERS

Forgot about that. He didn't spot that pass at all - too busy watching his own feet trying to control and run with a football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024