Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game of Thrones 08:45 - Apr 16 with 671 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Deserves its own thread..... Welcome back!!

Kick Ass
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:06]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Game of Thrones on 18:07 - Apr 16 with 652 viewsspudgun

Not watched a minute of Game of Thrones, in spite of the hype. Young spud is an avid viewer of it (rang me from holiday to record the new episode).

I would probably enjoy it as I quite like that genre, but I don`t seem to connect with the `blockbuster` type stuff, or want to invest time in it. Don`t really know why. The more options I have on tv, the less I seem to watch.

Why is it so acclaimed?

Game of Thrones on 18:11 - Apr 16 with 648 viewsspell_chekker

I've watched about 4 or 5 seasons and think it's good if somewhat overrated.

I thing I watched 4 seasons all in one go and waited a year for the 5th.

There are so many families, rivalries, and things going on that I lost the thread of it.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Game of Thrones on 18:24 - Apr 16 with 646 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Spud.

Many reasons

It's the detail and effort they put into each episode.

I'll admit now I'm a fan of Sci Fi/Fantasy, but it also takes a lot from Shakespeare, English War of the Roses history, more classic Sci Fi and Fantasy books than I could list here, and even online games like World of Warcraft.

You get to see the main characters develop (well those that don't die) each not quite totally evil or good, each with their own plans.

It's also not completely true to the books (actually the last two series, G R R Martin hasn't written the books for yet), and for a change I actually prefer the series.

Also it's got Dwarfs, Dragons, Sex, White Walkers, Gory Violence, more Sex and the best weddings ever.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Game of Thrones on 18:26 - Apr 16 with 644 viewsLala

My daughter told me I would hate it and I’m sure I would.

I can’t do weird fantasy type things. I can’t get into anything that’s so illogical.

But fill ya boots guys

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Game of Thrones on 18:30 - Apr 16 with 641 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lala

It probably has the strongest line up of female lead roles on TV ever IMO.

Game of Thrones on 18:42 - Apr 16 with 638 viewsLala

That’s brill and I’m not knocking it at all, it’s just not my bag.

Game of Thrones on 18:50 - Apr 16 with 636 viewsjanegallagher

No me neither - not my bag 😃.

LaLa you need to watch house through time that was on last night 👍

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Game of Thrones on 20:10 - Apr 16 with 626 viewsLala

Will check it out on catchup over Easter 👍

A new drama Trust Me starts tonight bbc 1. Will check it out.

Game of Thrones on 20:21 - Apr 16 with 623 viewsspell_chekker

I'm saving a house through time. Defo going to watch it.

Trust Me hasn't got a great rating.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Game of Thrones on 22:08 - Apr 29 with 603 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

WHOA!!!.....

Game of Thrones on 19:51 - May 9 with 588 viewsjanegallagher

What’s going on

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Game of Thrones on 20:14 - May 9 with 585 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

She needs a coffee after riding dragons all day.

Only two episodes to go now. Totally Gutted.

Game of Thrones on 05:27 - May 13 with 563 viewsHannibal

What an episode the penultimate 😭 one was! Destruction, crazy Dragon Queen. Death.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Game of Thrones on 09:18 - May 13 with 551 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Indeed Superb ( no spoilers for those who haven't yet seen )

My only criticism is that this final series all seems a bit too rushed

#footballfirst

Game of Thrones on 09:19 - May 14 with 544 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

That episode rocked!

TAM

The problem with this being the final series was always how do you wrap up all the plot lines. The cost and time required will have meant some parts of the story have to be shut down quickly, otherwise you'd need another season or 2 to do it.

Think the battle of Winterfell took 15 weeks of night time shooting in Northern Ireland alone. The cost on that one episode must have been staggering.

Can't wait for next week, still think a few surprises left.

Game of Thrones on 00:45 - May 21 with 531 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'm so going to miss it.

Game of Thrones on 18:37 - May 21 with 519 viewsLala

😢

I’ll lend you some Hall and Oats DVD’s as a grieving distraction

You’ll get over it

Game of Thrones on 18:39 - May 21 with 517 viewsspell_chekker

Some tips for you here Red -

https://www.wikihow.life/Overcome-Boredom

Game of Thrones on 19:11 - May 21 with 509 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'll survive.

Got Westworld, Stranger Things, The Man In The High Castle, Black Mirror, Jessica Jones, Castle Rock, His Dark Materials, Designated Survivor, Watchmen, The Handmaid's Tale, Good Omens and a load more stuff coming up in the next few months.

Then there is this.....

Game of Thrones took its final bow last night after eight thrilling seasons.

But with a prequel already announced, fans don't have to wait too long until their Westeros-shaped hole is filled once again.

Here's everything we know about it - from the title to the casting line-up and everything in between.

What's it going to be called?

There's no official title yet but a couple have been brandished about over the last few months.

According to some reports it's being referred to as Bloodmoon by those working on the set in Belfast.

George RR Martin, the author and creator of Game of Thrones, previously referred to the pilot as The Long Night - but had to backtrack and state that the show is still untitled.

The Long Night was the name of episode three in season eight of Game of Thrones, when the Night King rocked up at Westeros.

When is it set?
Whatever it's called, the show will be set around 5,000 years before events in Game of Thrones.

That means none of the characters we've come to love and hate over the last eight years will even be alive yet.

But there is one exception.

The Night King, played by Slovak actor Vladimir Furdik, will feature in the prequel.

Which brings us on to the next point...

What's it going to be about?

The series "chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour", according to HBO.

"From the horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is for sure: it's not the story we think we know."

The Age of Heroes refers to the period of time when the Children of the Forest made a pact with the First Men, which brought about peace.

And the "darkest hour" is a reference to The Long Night, which is when the White Walkers first descended on the world, disturbing that peace and bringing the savage winter that lasted for years.

So it looks like we'll finally get an origin story for the Night King, and potentially something about the Stark/Lannister back story.

The prequel takes place when Bran the Builder, the Stark ancestor who built both Winterfell and the Wall, was alive.

And with Lann the Clever who founded House Lannister also around during this time there's a chance we'll get some background to the famous rivalry.

Will there be any dragons?

Sorry - no.

"You're looking at a whole different era of Westeros," George RR Martin told the Hollywood Reporter last month.

"No dragons, no Iron Throne, no King's Landing."

Who's going to be in it?

Oscar nominee Naomi Watts, who's starred in things like King Kong, is the biggest name signed up to the prequel so far and was the first to be confirmed.

She's been cast in a leading role as "a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret".

Fans are speculating that she could be playing Nissa Nissa - the wife of legendary hero Azor Ahai who's known for wielding a burning sword called Lightbringer - although that is still unconfirmed.

Naomi isn't the only Oscar nominee to bag a role - Miranda Richardson, who played journalist Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter, has also been confirmed.

Jamie Campbell Bower, aka the young Gellert Grindelwald in the first Deathly Hallows and Fantastic Beasts, is also taking a part, as is John Simm - The Master on Doctor Who - and Georgie Henley, or Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia.

The full list is available on IMDB, but we'll have to wait to learn which specific characters they'll all be playing.

When will we get to see it?

Not until at least next year, although filming has already started in Belfast.

HBO's Casey Bloys told The Hollywood Reporter "there's no timetable", adding: "If we do a pilot and series, nothing is going to air on HBO until at least a year after the final season."

So that means May 2020 at the earliest.

But we may need that long to recover from season eight anyway...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48280752

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024