Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves U21 Post Match 21:55 - Nov 5 with 167 viewsspell_chekker

Report: Blackpool 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 0

Blackpool Win It At The Death

Blackpool are through to the knockout stages of the Leasing.com Trophy thanks to a 90th minute strike from Rocky Bushiri.

The visitors had the best of the early opportunities. Curtis Tilt lost possession under pressure and the ball fell straight to Benny Ashley-Seal about 40 yards out, who ran at goal and took aim from 20 yards away, only to be denied by Mark Howard’s far post.

Three minutes later, Callum Guy stung the palms of Andreas Sondergaard in the Wolves goal with a powerful drive just outside the area.

Wolves then struck the post for the second time in ten minutes. Number 77 Chem Campbell tried his luck on the edge of the area, but the woodwork denied him what would have been a cutely crafted goal.

Blackpool were creating good chances and Calum Macdonald had a good attempt outside the area, but it was just wide of Sondergaard’s goal.

Ryan Hardie then had the best chance of the half for Blackpool on half an hour. A loose pass in the Wolves defence fell to the Scotsman who, despite having options either side of him, took an effort which was brilliantly pushed away by Sondergaard again.

A few chances for either side but the first half ended goalless.

Half-Time: Blackpool 0 Wolverhampton Wanderer 0

Just three minutes into the second half and Wolves hit the woodwork for a third time in the match. Taylor Perry was played through and he was one-on-one with Mark Howard. Despite Howard’s best efforts the ball went past him, only to nick the far post and bounce away once again.

On 55 minutes, Joe Nuttall caused a scare for Wolves. A quick swivel with the ball at his feet, the striker unleashed a powerful effort which was yet again palmed away by the impressive Sondergaard.

The game was heading for a 0-0 stalemate and a penalty shootout, but Rocky Bushiri had other ideas.

Armand Gnanduillet was put through with a lovely pass and instead of shooting, the frontman made a cute pass to Bushiri on the outside who drove a powerful effort first time into the far corner and send Blackpool through to the knockout stages of the Leasing.com Trophy.

Full-Time: Blackpool 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 0

Team: Howard, Bushiri, Edwards, Hardie (Gnanduillet, 74’), Scannell (Kaikai, 79’), Tilt, Virtue, Turton, Nuttall, Guy, Macdonald (Feeney, 68’).

Subs Not Used: Nottingham, Husband, Sims, Shaw

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Wolves U21 Post Match on 21:56 - Nov 5 with 165 viewsspell_chekker

Under-21s suffer late defeat at Blackpool

Wolves’ Leasing.com Trophy hopes are now in the hands of others after Rocky Bushiri fired home an injury time winner for Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Benny Ashley-Seal, Chem Campbell and Taylor Perry all struck the woodwork for Wolves, who were hit with the sucker punch at the death and must now turn their attention to Carlisle United’s battle with Morecambe next week, where their fate will be sealed.

Wolves enjoyed the better start to proceedings, with Ashley-Seal denied at close range by Mark Howard. Moments later the strike capitalised on a mistake by Curtis Tilt, but struck the post with his curled effort.

Campbell, who made his first-team debut a week ago, became the second Wolves man to be denied by the woodwork earlier on, with the post saving Blackpool from the striker’s long-range effort.

From there, Blackpool grew into the game and Andreas Sondergaard produced a number of regular saves and was grateful for his crossbar when Ryan Edwards’ looping header hit the woodwork and dropped nicely for the goalkeeper.

After the break the post again came to Blackpool’s rescue as Perry raced through, but watched his rolled effort come back off the foot of the post. As for Blackpool, they were being denied by Sondergaard, with the goalkeeper keeping out Hardie.

However, the Dane would finally be beaten in injury time as Armand Ganduillet fed Bushiri, who hammered home, across the goalkeeper, to secure Blackpool victory.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Wolves U21 Post Match on 21:57 - Nov 5 with 163 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 22:00 - Nov 5 with 160 viewsspell_chekker

Photo gallery:

https://camerasport.photoshelter.com/gallery/191105-Blackpool-and-Wolverhampton-

Wolves U21 Post Match on 22:40 - Nov 5 with 148 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson: Pleased To Go Through

Manager Reaffirms Desire To Win Competition

Simon Grayson was happy to go through to the knockout stages of the Leasing.com Trophy, thanks to a narrow 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers U21.

Rocky Bushiri’s unlikely 90th minute winner was the difference between the two sides, with chances for either side at a premium at Bloomfield Road.

“We said to the players we didn’t want to have the same feelings we did the last time we played in this competition against Carlisle a few weeks back,” Grayson admitted.

“I feel the players had a good attitude throughout the game and despite a slow start from us, we grew into the game and I feel we were the better team and deserved the win.

“I said it at the start of the season that this is a competition I want to win, so we’re pleased to go through tonight.”

Despite the forwards pushing for a winner throughout the match, it was up to centre-back Rocky Bushiri to fire home a late winner, something the manager was pleased to see.

“He had a good opportunity to score moments earlier and the lads did well to keep the ball up there in the dying minutes.

“We were delighted to see it hit the back of the net and it’s great Rocky scored and got his moment because he’s had to be patient in recent weeks, so we’re pleased for him and pleased to go through to the next round.”
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 22:41]

Wolves U21 Post Match on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 140 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 139 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 23:03 - Nov 5 with 138 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 23:05 - Nov 5 with 137 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 136 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 05:03 - Nov 6 with 133 viewsspell_chekker

Wolves U21 Post Match on 06:57 - Nov 6 with 130 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Wolves U21 Post Match on 12:42 - Nov 6 with 122 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Grayson praised his players' desire to keep going until the end as Blackpool qualified for the knockout stages of the EFL Trophy with a late win against Wolves' Under-21s.

Rocky Bushiri was the unlikely hero as the defender drilled a low effort into the back of the net in the third minute of stoppage time.

It means the Seasiders, who have now won two of their three group games, are assured of qualification irrespective of how Carlisle United get on against Morecambe next week.

Despite surviving two or three major scares, Pool were the dominant team for much of the game but they left it late to claim the three points against a spirited and talented Wolves side.

“We said to the players we didn’t want to be disappointed like we were in the last game against Carlisle (when Pool lost 2-1)," Grayson said.

“I didn’t want to players to play themselves out of my plans for the future and they had a real good attitude. We worked extremely hard and we had a go.

“They probably had the better start for the first 15 minutes or so but after that we dominated for large parts.

“We just didn’t quite have that final end product and that final bit of spark, a word I’ll use from the weekend, just to get that goal.

“You have to keep grinding away, keep digging away, and we got an unusual hero at the end.”

Grayson was keen for the Seasiders to progress in the competition and, as a result, used all the options available to him off the bench.

Liam Feeney, Sullay Kaikai and Armand Gnanduillet all came onto the pitch during the second half as Pool went in desperate search of that all-important late goal.

“That’s credit to them (Wolves)," Grayson said.

“They showed they’ve got some talented players but they’ve also got a good shape and are organised. That didn’t allow us to have too much space so we had to be patient to try and find different ways.

“That’s credit to them that we had to bring on Liam, Sullay and Armand to win the game.

“I said when this competition started that I want to win it, I want to get through and breed confidence by winning football matches. That’s what we’ve gone and done.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-pra

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Wolves U21 Post Match on 06:57 - Nov 7 with 116 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Wolves' Under-21 caretaker boss Mark Kennedy says his players were left devastated by their late 1-0 defeat against Blackpool in the EFL Trophy last night.

Rocky Bushiri was the unlikely hero for the Seasiders as he struck the winner in the third minute of stoppage time to seal Pool's passage into the next round of the competition.

The result sees Simon Grayson's men leapfrog Wolves into top place in the group, with the West Midlands outfit now relying on Morecambe beating Carlisle United next week to qualify themselves.

“I was proud of the lads, I thought they were outstanding and it was a great game for them," Kennedy said.

“I watched Blackpool play on Saturday and they were very good and beat a very good Peterborough side. You look at their results this season and the team they finished the match with was particularly strong.

“But when I look at the performance of our lads; how we played, how we acquitted ourselves, physically, tactically, defensively, offensively — we hit the post three times, and we’re not talking wonder shots from 60 yards, we’re talking good opportunities which we created.

“When we hit the woodwork for the third time, I turned to Simon Grayson and said: ‘how big are your posts?!’.

"It’s just one of those things — what I’m pleased about is that at least we’re hitting targets and getting there, at least we’re creating chances.

“The toughest thing to take is the goal that we conceded. There’s a specific detail within the goal that I’ve talked to the group about a lot in training, and things we do and things we work on.

"So, from that aspect, it’s really disappointing for me as a coach, but it’s impossible to come out and knit-pick or give critique — I thought all of them were outstanding.

“They’re devastated in there, rightly so, and I’m gutted for them, but they should be incredibly proud of themselves.

“I’ll take the defeat gladly if one of these guys plays in the first-team in six months’ time to a year and they recognise something that happened out here tonight which we talked about and it doesn’t happen again.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/wolves-u21s-boss-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024