Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sullay Kaikai 10:48 - Aug 24 with 195 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sullay Kaikai says he only has positive things to say about his time at Blackpool so far.

The winger has enjoyed an impressive start to his Blackpool career, becoming a fan favourite with his exciting displays.

The 23-year-old, who scored his first goal for the club in Tuesday night’s draw at Gillingham, made the move to Bloomfield Road earlier this summer from Dutch side NAC Breda.

The former Crystal Palace man is delighted with the start the Seasiders have made to the new season, which sees them top the League One table after four games.

“It’s been excellent so far and it can only get better,” Kaikai said.

“If we can strengthen then who knows where we can get to, so I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

“We were just lacking a bit of quality against Gillingham but that will come as the season goes on, we will get better.

“I don’t think anybody expected such a great start but we will certainly take it, especially with the way we’ve gone about it and our approach.

“It’s been fantastic, the attitude, so I think we deserve the unbeaten start.

“Every game we want the three points, so we will be ready for Rochdale on Saturday. We will recover well and do what we need to do.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-move-ha

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Sullay Kaikai on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 190 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Grayson is hoping Sullay Kaikai’s opening goal in Blackpool’s colours will be the first of many for the club.

The winger netted the first of Pool’s two goals in Tuesday night’s 2-2 draw at Gillingham, Armand Gnanduillet bagging the other to take his tally for the season to four.

Kaikai has been in impressive form so far this season and Grayson is hoping those exciting displays can result in the former Crystal Palace man scoring on a consistent basis.

“I think any attacking player likes to get on the scoresheet quickly,” Grayson said.

“Armand has obviously got his goals quickly and Nathan Delfouneso has got a couple, so it’s nice for Sullay.

“He’s got himself into some decent positions this season but a lot of his games so far have been very exciting.

“He’s settled in really well and it was great to see him get that first goal. Hopefully it’s the first of many.”

The Seasiders will now recover from their 560-mile round trip to Gillingham to make the far shorter trip to Rochdale today.

Grayson was vocal about the EFL’s fixture scheduling before the trip to the Priestfield Stadium and repeated his criticism ahead of this weekend’s game.

“Most of the players will have been in bed by 4am so it wasn’t ideal for any of us involved, whether that’s us, the players, the media or the supporters,” the Pool boss said.

“When the fixtures come out and you see you’re going to Gillingham on a Tuesday night, your first chain of thought is to see where you’re playing the next one.

“Rochdale is more or less a local derby for us which is handy, it certainly could have been far worse. We could have been going back to London or something like that which wouldn’t have been beyond the realms of possibility.

“I was speaking to another manager the other day and they were down South on a Tuesday night and had to come back up North.

“I get why your more local games are played on a Saturday because you’re getting bigger crowds, but there should be a balance.

“We should have been playing a Midlands team where we could have been home in a couple of hours.

“I think you can keep your derby matches on the weekend but when games don’t have an influence on your crowd numbers, you can manufacture those matches to be moved around.

“There was the EFL board meeting in Portugal but at that time I was unemployed and on a beach somewhere, so it didn’t cross my mind at the time.

“It certainly does when I’m getting home at 4am on a Wednesday, so it needs to be something that is up for consideration for every club.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-si

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Sullay Kaikai on 10:52 - Aug 24 with 189 viewsjanegallagher

He’s definitely the fans favourite.

Just thought of this - to hush hush tune

Sullay Kai Kai
So good they named him twice

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Sullay Kaikai on 12:27 - Nov 7 with 158 viewsspell_chekker

Getting To Know: Sullay Kaikai

Winger Tells Us A Bit More About Himself

Sullay Kaikai has made a bright start to his career with the Seasiders, scoring four goals in 16 appearances so far.

But what else do we know about the former Crystal Palace winger? We recently caught up with the 24-year-old to find out a bit more.

Who was your sporting hero growing up?

I had two. Ronaldinho and the Brazilian Ronaldo. It as all about the skills and goals.

What’s the best bit of advice you’ve taken on board?

Trust in your own ability — that’s the key. Always be mentally strong and prepared.

If you could change one rule in football, what would it be?

I’d have kick-ins instead of throw-ins, like in five-aside.

Do you have any pre-match superstitions?

I don’t to be fair. I just need eight or nine hours sleep the night before a game.

Favourite goal you’ve scored in your career so far?

There’s a few good ones in there. I’d say one against Cardiff for Brentford.

What football boots are you currently wearing?

Nike Vapors.

What would you have been if not a footballer?

I was in to cricket when I was younger, so I might have tried that. Otherwise, I might have gone into business, doing something like property management.

What is your favourite film?

Law Abiding Citizen is the first one that comes to mind.

If a film was made of your life, who would you cast to play yourself?

Jamie Foxx.

Alongside yourself, name another four players who would make up your ultimate five-aside team.

Gianluigi Buffon, Fabio Cannavaro, Andres Iniesta and Ronaldinho.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Sullay Kaikai on 21:06 - Jan 13 with 138 viewsspell_chekker

Coming to the end of his contract this summer.

If he's more consistent, he'll surely be a top end championship / prem player.

We've got a 1 year option which could, or of course will, be activated.

That would keep him here until the end of the 2022 season.

IMO - he's our most skillful player, our Dalgilsh. Either commit to play him behind the central striker or get rid in this window.

Another question for the management team which will weigh on their decision: Will Kaikai remain fit at a level of 100%?

IMO: Play Kaikai where he is most effective. If he stays fit, he could take us a long way.

Get rid if he is to be used as a left winger as part of a 4-4-2.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024