Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sympathies to Wigan Athletic 17:45 - May 20 with 3521 viewsthebigone

Would never speak ill of a player whilst he was with us but now that he's gone what an absolute waste of space Perkins was. Couldn't kick a ball, pass a ball, head a ball - played 45 games for us and was absolutely useless. I said in the last few games he'd be lucky to get a Conference club and so what the Hell Wigan have done getting this useless dwarf is beyond me!!

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 18:08 - May 20 with 3504 viewsWizaard

I always thought that Perkins was a real terrier at winning the ball but then constantly gave it away with dithering on the ball.

Maybe that was because of the lack of options open to him, and maybe that will be different at Wigan, but part of me thinks he just can't distribute the ball well.

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 18:16 - May 20 with 3501 viewsAVFTT

Our thoughts on Perkins departure ...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/38691

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 18:30 - May 20 with 3486 viewsSTHolder

Am amazed how many people on Twitter are saying he 'would have done a job in League One' .. are some fans so deluded that they think League One is going to be fall of hoofers and dodgy footballers! Doesn't work like that and Perkins will be below average in an above average league.

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 18:40 - May 20 with 3477 viewsMr_Brightside

There are some players who I think could've done a job in League One .... Perkins wasn't one of them!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 18:51 - May 20 with 3468 viewsscratchingshed

Had a decent first season but last season was a complete disaster mind you who's wasnt?

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 19:00 - May 20 with 3459 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Must say that I think Wiz is closest on this. When he was at Barnsley and surrounded by decent players he looked a decent player himself, and usually moved the ball quickly over short distances to keep play rotating. He never had the support or protection with us that he got there.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 08:05 - May 21 with 3349 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Loses the ball all the time due to being too small. Should have played him out wide where the impact of that flaw in his game wouldn't have been so damaging.

Sympathies to Wigan Athletic on 11:36 - May 24 with 3294 views1953Original

If this is what Caldwell is going to bring to Wigan Athletic this season then even with no players we might finish above them!!

Wigan Athletic boss Gary Caldwell is confident new signing David Perkins will give the club the lift it needs following relegation to League One, reports Manchester Evening News.

The 32-year-old will join his new employers on July 1.

“It’s a no brainer for me,” said Caldwell to MEN.

“I’ve always been impressed with his energy and willingness to give 100 per cent, and we feel he can contribute greatly this season.

“I’m delighted to add him to the squad. We’ve been looking at him for a while, I’m sure he can do a good job for us.”

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024