Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'the second wave' 12:36 - May 24 with 917 viewsROTTWEILERS

Still waiting.... ⌚

What a load of nonsense this entire 💩 show has been

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

'the second wave' on 19:20 - May 24 with 906 viewsspell_chekker

The first wave's still going strong in the UK.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

'the second wave' on 20:52 - May 24 with 901 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I remember back at the start of this (seems aeons ago now), use to watch the daily USA briefing.

After Trump did his bit the adults use to take over and would share all sorts of information they had, including stuff from other governments that hadn't been shared with their own public.

Remember seeing 3 charts one showing this wave ending about July and then another smaller wave around end of September.

The other two charts predicted about 40k UK deaths by July and 120k in the USA.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 20:53]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

'the second wave' on 23:19 - May 24 with 893 viewsROTTWEILERS

Every single country has followed the same curve; lockdown or otherwise.

'the second wave' on 12:22 - May 26 with 865 viewsImperial

We will never know for certain if the lockdown worked or whether father time was responsible for the present reduction in deaths. The same will apply to any second wave.

'the second wave' on 12:47 - May 26 with 860 viewsspell_chekker

Swedn hasn't fared very well when compared to its neighbours. I can't think of any other non-lockdown countries where a reasonable comparison could be made.

From a laymans point of view, the UK went into lockdown too late, it was too lenient, and the lockdown's been eased too early.

Obviously, I don't know, but I reckon you could be heading for a shit storm.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

'the second wave' on 13:09 - May 26 with 858 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Talking with some Swedish gamers online they're quite angry at the way their Government have handled this, as they tend to judge themselves against other Nordic/Scandinavian countries.

Really hard to judge against other countries as so many factors are different, but being an Island nation still surprised we didn't close the borders.

Cummings yesterday basically saying they made mistakes as far back as January was interesting though.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

'the second wave' on 16:55 - May 26 with 845 viewsImperial

Reliable statistics are hard to come by both at home and abroad but surprisingly I would have to say we appear to have been the most transparent.

I believe coronavirus has been present for many months in the UK before the lockdown started at least from the back end of 2019. If this turns out to be the case the biggest single mistake will have been not closing the boarders not weeks but months earlier.

'the second wave' on 19:57 - May 26 with 835 viewsROTTWEILERS

Lockdown aside, the single biggest error was not protecting care home residents imo. Professor Ferguson's dodgy computer model got everyone spooked and he is now very much notable by his absence.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 19:57]

'the second wave' on 20:43 - May 26 with 820 viewsLala

Agree. The virus was doing the rounds long before the experts clicked on. Which worries and amazes me in equal measure.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

'the second wave' on 21:17 - May 26 with 817 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I've posted this before but monitoring sites of Chinese social media sites (as twitter, Facebook etc are banned there) reported posts being censored if they mentioned "flu" "mass deaths" etc, back in December.

Also been reported western intelligence services were briefing their Governments that something might be happening in late November/early December.

Stopping Test, Trace and Isolate had a big impact. Noticed the MoD's scientific expert the other day said this was because they didn't have the capacity. Ministers had said previously that it was stopped on scientific advice.

'the second wave' on 01:58 - May 27 with 806 viewsLala

Yet you still couldn’t get a gp appointment here with a fever, cough and breathing issues late Feb in my experience. Just a prescription for steroids from the Gp receptionist because she noticed over the phone that you couldn’t breathe.

Shocking, inept and dangerous.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

'the second wave' on 04:35 - May 27 with 801 viewsspell_chekker

Same here Lala.

If you develop symptoms you're advised to hole up at home and not bother your GP.

Sink or swim.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024