Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Holloway 11:30 - Dec 19 with 240 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If you open and expand that twitter thread, it looks like trouble at Grimsby.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ian Holloway on 15:56 - Dec 20 with 223 viewsImperial

Never a dull moment with Ian at the helm.

Some people never know when it's time to retire.

Ian Holloway on 10:34 - Dec 23 with 194 viewsspell_chekker

Resigned from Grimsby.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ian Holloway on 10:43 - Dec 23 with 191 viewsspell_chekker

Grimsby Town boss announces he has quit

Ian Holloway has resigned as manager of Grimsby Town.

He has announced his departure from the League Two side on his Twitter account (see tweet below).

Holloway, who is 57 years old, joined the Mariners in December last year and has won 28.9% of matches.

He leaves Grimsby sat in 20th place and six points above the relegation zone.
Goodbye…

His tweet reads: “To all the fans; it is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my resignation as manager of Grimsby Town Football Club. New wannabe owners are hovering over GTFC and John (Fenty, majority shareholder) has told me he is selling his stake in the club, so it’s time for a fresh start across the board for this great club.

“The relationship between the incoming new owners, board and manager is so, so important. It needs to be strong for a club to succeed, and we got off on the wrong footing. Therefore, that relationship will be strained from the off, which is bad for the club.”
What next…

Holloway is a vastly experienced boss in the Football League and has overseen just under 1000 games in the dugout.

He has guided the likes of Blackpool and Crystal Palace to promotions to the Premier League in the past.

‘Ollie’ has also been in charge of Bristol Rovers, Plymouth Argyle, Leicester City, Millwall and QPR in the past.

His move to Blundell Park this time last year raised some eyebrows but his time at Grimsby has now ended. Their search for a successor will begin now. They take on Morecambe on Boxing Day.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Ian Holloway on 10:56 - Dec 23 with 189 viewsspell_chekker

Holloway's time as a football manger drawing to a close?

Ian Holloway on 11:16 - Dec 23 with 188 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yep think that's him done now. He's been very lucky, spent over 40 years in the game, very few do that.

Always grateful for his time here, wish him the best of luck.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ian Holloway on 17:42 - Dec 23 with 181 viewsspudgun

Had a long career with probably more downs than ups. His stars definitely aligned whilst at Blackpool with some inspired signings. I quite liked his Bristolian burr and Worzel Gummidgeness back in the day, but now just find him slightly irritating.

Heard an episode of a football psychiatry programme some months back and he was `in the chair` so to speak, and it was a very listenable and quite moving programme. I did warm to him...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024