Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI (as of now) 09:06 - Jul 2 with 1436 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Going 3-4-3

Maxwell

Howe Edwards Husband

Feeney Virtue Kaikai MacDonald

Hardie Madine Anderson.

I've left the Fonz out...

Squad here....

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Starting XI (as of now) on 13:26 - Jul 2 with 932 viewsspell_chekker

I'm going with a 4 : 2 : 3 : 1.

We don't know anything about some of my team. I'm imagining what qualitiues they have based on heresay / press reports.

Maxwell
Howe / Edwards / Thorniley / MacDonald
Virtue / Husband
Feeney / Kaikai / Anderson
Madine

Howe and MacDonald as full backs with a tendancy to burst forward.

2 holding mids giving licence to the fullbacks. I'm sure Husband can play that role and will bring some steel to the middle of the park (left footer too).

3 roving front men behind a target man.

I've gone for balance of left footers / right footers.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Starting XI (as of now) on 19:35 - Jul 27 with 894 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Updated squad (Nearly)

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 886 viewsspell_chekker

On this thread I went with a 4-1-4-1, such was the giddyness with the new strikers we were signing last week.

Although I'd prefer a 4-2-3-1, the line up still holds water with what we've go to hand currently.

2020/21 Squad by BringBackTheRedRoom 24 Jul 2020 11:23
https://twitter.com/matt_scrafton/status/1286603940050751492

I think we'll end up with a 4-2-?????? - with the remaning 4 players lining up as 2-2, 4-4, or even 3-1.

If not starting, as the point in a front 3-1, Madine will be a credible plan B.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 883 viewsspell_chekker

Without having full knowledge of some players, I'd reject others as only being "solid" L1 players who'd "do a job".

I'd go with what we have at the moment:-

Maxwell
Howe , Ekpiteta , Thorniley, MacDonald
Virtue , Husband
Sarkic , Yates , Hamilton
Madine

Perhaps substitute Kaikai for Yates.

It all depends on Kaikai's desire. If he's hungry enough he'd probably be the better player and be in the starting eleven.

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:53 - Jul 27 with 881 viewsspell_chekker

Critch will be playing these same games but at the end of the day he'll have to give game time to a few different players and mix 'n' match to find out what works.

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:00 - Aug 6 with 856 viewsspell_chekker

Just for the fun of it as I'm, as are most of us, completely blind about most players:

Maxwell
Howe , Ekpiteta , Thorniley, Husband
Virtue , Robson
Sarkic , Yates , Hamilton
Madine

Although you could put Yates up at the point instead of Madine and the chuck Kaikai into the no. 10 role.

I'd imagine that Yates is more energetic than Madine but much smaller and less physical.

I'd be tempted to stick with Madine.

He may not be high energy but he's very good quality at holding up, lay offs, and bringing on-running men into pay - WHEN he's fit.

How much does Madine "want it"?

Can he up his work rate?

If he can, he's everything.

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:07 - Aug 6 with 849 viewsspell_chekker

Here you go:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5f2c54da4e5ac404cc46db76

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:09 - Aug 6 with 846 viewsspell_chekker

Oups.

Being right and left footers, I've made a mistake and put Robson and Virtue on the wrong side of my defensive midfield two.

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 845 viewsspell_chekker

With the style of player that Robson is - a version of Virtue.

It is looking like we'll be playing with a formation with 2 defensive minded but yet versatile mids who can get forward and contribute.

Was I right all along or was I right?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 20:16]

Starting XI (as of now) on 20:59 - Aug 6 with 832 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No sodding idea tbh. But I'll go 3 - 1 - 4 - 2

Maxwell

Turton Ekpiteta Husband

Virtue

Sarkic Robson Kaikai MacDonald

Yates Nuttall

Starting XI (as of now) on 15:10 - Aug 10 with 797 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Starting XI (as of now) on 18:01 - Aug 10 with 791 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

My new XI (after Southport)

Maxwell

Howe Ekpiteta Nottingham Husband

Anderson Vittue Antwi

Feeney Yates Kaikai

Starting XI (as of now) on 10:40 - Aug 11 with 780 viewsspell_chekker

Back 4 - Keep Husband at LB - I'm not sure his switch to left centre half on Saturday was a serious move. drop Howe.

2 defensive mids.

The other 4 can be deployed / fit into the system howevery you want. I've decided award these positions to Saturday's 4 goalscorers.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5f3267764e5ac404cc46e170

Edit: I forgot!!! and regret not finding a place for Antwi - he deserves a chance after his performance in the friendly.

Another edit!!!! Kaikai scored on Saturday so he's in the team instead of Hamilton who didn't.

I've made a pigs ear of this today.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 10:45]

Starting XI (as of now) on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 746 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Port Vale

Maxwell

Turton Ekpiteta Nottingham Shaw

Anderson Antwi Virtue

Feeney Yates Kaikai

Starting XI (as of now) on 15:15 - Aug 17 with 733 viewsspell_chekker

4 at the back.

2 defensive mids.

The front 4 can be slotted in anywhere to make whatever formation you want.

At the back. No place for Howe. Thorniley because I believe in putting a left footer there and he did quite well. No place for Husband as he's injured.

Defensive mids. Very rough on Virtue but I feel as though Antwi and Robson deserve their places on merit. Alos Robson is a leftie on that side.

Front 4. Kaikai and Anderson scored, they stay in. At the moment, Yates has played himself into being one of the first names on the teamsheet. Hamilton scares the living daylights out of the opponent's defence.

Ward has done nothing wrong but needs to up it as the others provide stiff competition. Sarkic played well and deserves a place but will have to wait for his chance.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5f3a8f204e5ac404cc46eb68

Starting XI (as of now) on 15:49 - Aug 18 with 723 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Barrow

Maxwell

Turton Nottingham Husband Shaw

Virtue Antwi Robson

Feeney Yates Anderson

Starting XI (as of now) on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 720 viewsspell_chekker

I've gone with a diamond in order to give Sarkic a central role. It all goes through him.

Shaw at left back as MacDonald is injured and Husband hasn't played in that position yet.

Nottingham instead of Ekpiteta a right centre half. Ekpiteta will eventually be our centre half but he might need a wake up call and Nottingham deserves a chance.

I'd perhaps put Kaikai in there instead of Anderson.

Maxwell Captain.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5f3bfab74e5ac404cc46ed7e
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 17:05]

Starting XI (as of now) on 10:58 - Aug 23 with 687 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Everton

Maxwell

Turton Ekpiteta Nottingham Husband

Virtue Robson Anderson

Hamilton Yates Kaikai

Still think only about 6 or 7 are nailed on to start the season.

Starting XI (as of now) on 18:40 - Aug 23 with 680 viewsspell_chekker

I think the team are playing the following formation.

Back 4 with the full backs pushing up extremely high under certain circumstances.

Central midfield 2. One of which plays deeper and is dedicated to protecting the back 4 as well as picking the ball up off them when we're playing out from the back.

Then there is the front 4. 1 central spearhead / fulcrum with 3 playing behind him. The 2 wide men of the 3 are on their wrong foot, so we'll have a tendency to cut inside rather than get to the byline. Then there is the No. 10 behind the attacking spearhead.

This formation is the basic thing, the zero default but it is fluid and changes when we have / don't have the ball and is even modified further according to different situation / phases of play.

Maxwell
Turton Ekpiteta Thorniley Husband
Virtue Robson
Hamilton Anderson Kaikai
Yates

Ekpiteta has all the attributes to be a top centre half but lacks experience at L1 level. At the moment, he needs the full backing of the manager - irrespective of what mistakes he may or may not make.

You can see his passion, ability on the ball, his physical presence, and reading of the game.

Ekpiteta has got that and needs time and guidance to put it all together into a package.

Starting XI (as of now) on 22:24 - Aug 25 with 676 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Blackburn

Maxwell

Turton Ekpiteta Thorniley Husband

Virtue Robson Anderson

Hamilton Yates Kaikai

Not included Jordan Williams as not seen him play yet.

Starting XI (as of now) on 22:40 - Aug 25 with 673 viewsspell_chekker

This is the team I thing Critchley will pick to play against Stoke.

Maxwell
Turton, Ekpiteta, Thorniley, Husband
Ward, Robson
Hamiton, Anderson, Kaikai
Yates

From the little I've seen, I'd choose the same apart from, maybe, Ward.

Ward's been playing well but I'd like to see someone a little more combative in there.

But who?

I couldn't say with any conviction that the team would be improved by replacing him with any one of either Virtue, Antwi, or the new boy.

Starting XI (as of now) on 22:53 - Aug 25 with 671 viewsspell_chekker

I think I've finally understood what Critchley is doing with the full backs.

Traditionally, the fullback defended against the opposition's wide players but this is now obsolete as nobody plays 4-4-2. There are very few traditional wingers about to defend against.

He doesn't want attacking full backs, they don't overlap, hit the byline like Alexandre Arnold and Robertson.

They're what's called 'inverted' fullbacks who push up to reinforce the midfield when we're in possession - it allows 5 attacking players to go at the opposition with freedom.

I think Husband and Turton could be well suited to this style when they get used to playing it.

Have a look at this video which explains the pros and cons of the system:-

[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 22:54]

Starting XI (as of now) on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 643 viewsspell_chekker

After droning on, on the Stoke post match thread I've decided to go 4-1-4-1.

Defence looking good with Robson in front.

Kaikai needed more centrally with our other best player (Anderson.

Ward (or replaced by Feeney) pushed out as our wrong footer on the left offensive.

Maxwell
Robson
Hamilton Anderson Kaikai (Ward (or Feeney))
Yates

Starting XI (as of now) on 00:47 - Aug 31 with 640 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Stoke

Sticking with 4-3-3 as it's good enough for NC

Maxwell

Virtue Robson Anderson

Hamilton Yates Kaikai

Starting XI (as of now) on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 610 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After Liverpool

Maxwell

Ward Robson Anderson

Hamilton Yates Kaikai

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024