Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Wintle 17:33 - Aug 28 with 580 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cardiff City summer signing joins Blackpool on season-long loan

The player was signed on a free transfer in the summer but with game time looking thin on the ground he has sought a move away

Cardiff City summer signing Ryan Wintle has joined Blackpool on a season-long loan.

The Bluebirds signed the central midfielder on a free transfer this summer, but with Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack, Will Vaulks and Leandro Bacuna in front of him, it looked unlikely he would get much game time.

It is also thought the emergence of Sam Bowen, who came in for much praise following his impressive display against Brighton on Tuesday evening, has also nudged Wintle down the pecking order.

Wintle, who was omitted from the Bluebirds' squad for the 2-0 defeat to Bristol City on Saturday afternoon, has also struggled to impose himself when given the opportunity to play over the course of the summer and early season.

A loan move away to a fellow Championship club will likely do him a world of good.

Speaking about the transfer, Bluebirds boss Mick McCarthy said: "He's gone. He's gone on loan to Blackpool.

"That was a difficult one. I brought him with a view for this season but certainly next season.

"Marlon [Pack] and Rallsy [Joe Ralls] have been great, Vaulksy [Will Vaulks] played all but two or three games last year and the emergence of Sam Bowen...

"Ryan has played 160-odd league games, he needs to be playing. He's not yet played in the Championship. So it's a good opportunity for him, with a recall in January, to get some experience playing with Blackpool in the Championship."

The Championship transfer window closes at 11pm on Tuesday, August 31.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-summer-s

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ryan Wintle on 22:29 - Aug 29 with 549 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cardiff City midfielder becomes Blackpool's TENTH signing of the summer

Blackpool have confirmed the signing of Ryan Wintle from Cardiff City

The midfielder arrives on a season-long loan from the Bluebirds, who hold the option to recall the 24-year-old in January.

Wintle only joined Cardiff on a free transfer earlier this summer, making the move to the Welsh capital from Crewe Alexandra.

But the central midfielder, who is likely to be a replacement for the injured Grant Ward, currently finds himself down the pecking order with his new club.

“I heard of the interest a couple of days ago and I can’t wait to get going,” Wintle said of his move to Bloomfield Road.

“I know how the gaffer likes to play and I think that suits me down to the ground.

“I came here two weeks ago with Cardiff and the fans were magnificent. I can’t wait to play in front of them.”

Wintle made 186 appearances across six seasons for Crewe, having made his professional debut at the age of 18.

He's made two starts for Cardiff since making the move, both of these coming in the Carabao Cup. His one and only league appearance came off the bench in the opening day 1-1 draw against Barnsley.

Wintle becomes Blackpool's 10th signing of the summer.

Pool’s head coach Neil Critchley said: “Ryan is an all-action midfielder with a range of passing and the capability to score a few goals as well.

“He was a stand-out performer for many seasons at Crewe and will be a good fit with the way he plays.

“I obviously know people who have worked with him and he has the right character and personality to come here and perform in the Championship.

“I’m delighted that he’s decided to join us and look forward to working with him here at Blackpool.”

The Championship transfer window closes at 11pm on Tuesday, August 31.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/cardiff-city-midf

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ryan Wintle on 06:17 - Aug 30 with 543 viewsspell_chekker

Welcome to the seaside Ryan.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ryan Wintle on 13:16 - Sep 13 with 482 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ryan Wintle on 12:50 - Oct 27 with 443 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ryan Wintle on 18:59 - Oct 27 with 432 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not sure we'll be looking to get him on a permanent when his loan runs out.

Despite his consistent performances I still get the impression he's only filling in, a stop gap.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to either see us going back in for Brannagan or A.N. other in January or the summer.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ryan Wintle on 14:04 - Oct 28 with 425 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Could depend on who ends up as their new manager

Ryan Wintle on 12:32 - Nov 18 with 375 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ryan Wintle on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 346 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ryan Wintle on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 305 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024