Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My conclusions from today's game. 17:38 - May 11 with 2139 viewss1ackjack

Firstly very good win and performance imo. I have concluded from that performance that:
*Ash and Chico are our 2 best central defenders though Amat is young enough and good enough for a place in next season's squad.
*Emnes deserves a chance as a squad player. (cracking goal today)
*We need to hold on to Neil Taylor somehow, far too good a player to lose.
*Promising performance from Fulton and I think we may see a lot more of him in next season's squad.
*Bony is a beast and we may struggle to hang onto him in close season.
*Garry Monk is the man for the job.

Looking forward to next season though not the time in between to be honest.

PS. Tiendalli can go find a new job.

[Post edited 11 May 2014 17:41]

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

My conclusions from today's game. on 17:42 - May 11 with 2089 viewsSTEVE1

Impressed with Emnes
My conclusions from today's game. on 18:20 - May 11 with 1942 viewsGram2086

20 goal attempts to 7; stuffed on possession; long aimless balls forward when under pressure. Welcome to the new era
My conclusions from today's game. on 18:36 - May 11 with 1855 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My conclusions from today's game. on 18:20 - May 11 by Gram2086

20 goal attempts to 7; stuffed on possession; long aimless balls forward when under pressure. Welcome to the new era

And we won an away game 3-1.
Most of those so called 20 attempts were wild outside the area blasts at the goal.
So you want us to keep possession and lose then?
My conclusions from today's game. on 18:44 - May 11 with 1825 viewsGram2086

I want us to dominate possession and win games which is what our clubs's playing philosophy is. What is concerning is that lately, keeping possession has not been our first priority with players being given licence to lump it should they think fit. This development has not been isolated when under extreme pressure. It has been a distinct feature of our last 10 or so games. It will lead to an overall deterioration in our standards and success rate. Today's win was a reflection of how poor Sunderland were.
My conclusions from today's game. on 19:10 - May 11 with 1724 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

My conclusions from today's game. on 18:20 - May 11 by Gram2086

You're being way too harsh. possession was 53/47, hardly a stuffing, especially as we're the away team. 12 of Sunderland's efforts were speculative punts from outside the box - both teams had 4 on target.

The reason Sunderland were resorting to long-range efforts is that we were - on the whole - well organized defensively, something I was greatly encouraged by considering the big personnel changes. We went 2-0 up early on, I have no problem with us then edging the bus back towards our own goal and trying to hit on the break - as we did for the 3rd goal. You can play that way as long as you're organized and disciplined, and for the most part we were.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

My conclusions from today's game. on 19:20 - May 11 with 1669 viewsPrivate_Partz

The possession stats are only an interpretation. I thought we did better. Our pressing game was top notch and the goals superbly taken.
It was a relatively pointless match and I am not happy with the board by any means.
Having said that it was just what I hoped for and it now gives me some renewed hope for the new season

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

My conclusions from today's game. on 19:21 - May 11 with 1667 viewsjacktar

I agree with most of OP comments particularly that we may have a struggle to hold on to Wilfy. Perhaps Chelski may come a calling and if they do maybe a deal with Lukaku moving our way wouldn't go amiss. I'd prefer to keep Wilf though. Thought Tayls looked good and agree that we wouldn't want him to go.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024