Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Savage 00:22 - Aug 24 with 4863 viewsJackTheLad

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Savage on 00:29 - Aug 24 with 4824 viewsJethroJack

More proof that he & most of the other pundits talk utter bollox and get paid handsomely to do it.
Savage on 10:41 - Aug 24 with 4394 viewsBonjour

Savage on 00:29 - Aug 24 by JethroJack

More proof that he & most of the other pundits talk utter bollox and get paid handsomely to do it.

We've only got 6 points mind - we could get relegated.
Savage on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 4375 viewshammy

Lovely hair though ..

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Savage on 10:45 - Aug 24 with 4360 viewsmagicdaps10

Totally agree. I think we have enough in our starting 11 but over a course of a season when injuries or suspensions kick in we could be in another battle. If we are lucky with injuries and suspensions then we will stay in this league without question.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Savage on 10:46 - Aug 24 with 4350 viewsMrSwerve

I doubt there were many if any of our supporters who thought we'd have 6 points after two games...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Savage on 12:13 - Aug 24 with 4163 viewsJethroJack

Savage on 10:41 - Aug 24 by Bonjour

We've only got 6 points mind - we could get relegated.

I'm on about the fact that before a ball was kicked Savage (and P Neville & Scholes) said we'd be relegated. Now, we're the best thing since sliced bread. They chop & change like the weather from game to game, so they basically haven't got a phucking clue. So, they get paid good money for spouting bollox. In fact, I thought MOTD (amazingly) praised us too much last night & didn't give Burnley any credit for their second half display. Pretty much what MOTD have traditionally done to us. They were probably trying to compensate for not giving us any credit for last week's deserved win @ OT.

Best to put the TV on mute to cut out the verbal diarrhoea & just watch the action
Savage on 12:20 - Aug 24 with 4123 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Savage on 12:13 - Aug 24 by JethroJack

I'm on about the fact that before a ball was kicked Savage (and P Neville & Scholes) said we'd be relegated. Now, we're the best thing since sliced bread. They chop & change like the weather from game to game, so they basically haven't got a phucking clue. So, they get paid good money for spouting bollox. In fact, I thought MOTD (amazingly) praised us too much last night & didn't give Burnley any credit for their second half display. Pretty much what MOTD have traditionally done to us. They were probably trying to compensate for not giving us any credit for last week's deserved win @ OT.

Best to put the TV on mute to cut out the verbal diarrhoea & just watch the action

On final score yesterday they showed the league table and started sprouting about an impressive start for Swansea in second - dear god! - two wins, both hard fought, and with half of the teams only having played one game so far!

When we lose for the first time - we'll be relegation fodder again.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Savage on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 3869 viewsJethroJack

Savage on 12:20 - Aug 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

On final score yesterday they showed the league table and started sprouting about an impressive start for Swansea in second - dear god! - two wins, both hard fought, and with half of the teams only having played one game so far!

When we lose for the first time - we'll be relegation fodder again.

We've actually made a "poor" start.......compared to when we beat QPR 0-5 & followed it up with a 3-0 against WHU, 6pts & gd =8. High time Garry & the boys pulled their fingers out & started taking things seriously.
Login to get fewer ads

Savage on 15:49 - Aug 24 with 3855 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I like Savage.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Savage on 15:55 - Aug 24 with 3824 viewslondonlisa2001

Savage on 15:49 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I like Savage.

quite a lot in common.
Savage on 15:56 - Aug 24 with 3817 viewsmonmouth

Savage on 15:49 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I like Savage.

Aye so do I, though I'm not sure why. he's certainly a better pundit than he was player, and I don't think he favours any particular side and just says what he thinks at that time, irrespective of what he thought last week.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Savage on 15:58 - Aug 24 with 3809 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Savage on 15:55 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

quite a lot in common.

We both have magnificent hair and both are very knowledgeable about football.

People bemoan him but he wouldn't have such a key role in football at the BBC if he wasn't any good. He's certainly much better than John 'put you to sleep' Hartson.

Savage on 16:05 - Aug 24 with 3773 viewslondonlisa2001

Savage on 15:58 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We both have magnificent hair and both are very knowledgeable about football.

People bemoan him but he wouldn't have such a key role in football at the BBC if he wasn't any good. He's certainly much better than John 'put you to sleep' Hartson.

I have no idea about your hair.

And I haven't noticed people needing to be good in order to have a key role at the BBC - in fact, in most cases there appears to be no correlation whatsover.

However, he deliberately says stuff to be provocative however ridiculous, and when challenged on it, backs away immediately and says something else provocative instead. It is vaguely amusing for a while, but gets boring and tedious pretty quickly.

Now I know, for example, that you have used Hartson as an example because you believe it to be provocative given the number of friends of Hartson's that are on this board. See, it's predictable and therefore boring. There are many, many more boring presenters on televised football coverage than John Hartson - Alan Shearer for example, Phil Neville, Garth Crooks, but none of those would be as provocative. And that, Dwight, is why you have a lot in common with Savage.
Savage on 16:07 - Aug 24 with 3765 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Savage on 16:05 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I have no idea about your hair.

And I haven't noticed people needing to be good in order to have a key role at the BBC - in fact, in most cases there appears to be no correlation whatsover.

However, he deliberately says stuff to be provocative however ridiculous, and when challenged on it, backs away immediately and says something else provocative instead. It is vaguely amusing for a while, but gets boring and tedious pretty quickly.

Now I know, for example, that you have used Hartson as an example because you believe it to be provocative given the number of friends of Hartson's that are on this board. See, it's predictable and therefore boring. There are many, many more boring presenters on televised football coverage than John Hartson - Alan Shearer for example, Phil Neville, Garth Crooks, but none of those would be as provocative. And that, Dwight, is why you have a lot in common with Savage.

They're boring in your opinion. Clearly the people at the top think otherwise.

Savage on 16:22 - Aug 24 with 3712 viewsPozuelosSideys

Savage is a clown - but at least he has a personality and says what he thinks unlike most of the other faces,

His commentary on Holland-Australia i think - had me in stitches - the bloke has a bit of passion for the game.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Savage on 16:32 - Aug 24 with 3672 viewsJethroJack

Very average player.
Very average pundit.
At least he's more consistent in that respect than he is with his assessments, which change on a game-by-game basis.
Savage on 16:33 - Aug 24 with 3662 viewslondonlisa2001

Savage on 16:07 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They're boring in your opinion. Clearly the people at the top think otherwise.

well there are 'people at the top' of ITV who believe Adrian Chiles to be something other than a completely dreadful anchor man for football coverage as well, and they are wrong as well.
Savage on 16:47 - Aug 24 with 3607 viewsperchrockjack

Robbie has engineered a spot as a celeb. First and foremost ,he has to be noticed.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Savage on 17:06 - Aug 24 with 3537 viewsicecoldjack

Savage on 16:32 - Aug 24 by JethroJack

Very average player.
Very average pundit.
At least he's more consistent in that respect than he is with his assessments, which change on a game-by-game basis.

People say he was a very average player but he spent most of his career in the premier league so he i think its fair to say he wasn't that average.

I mentioned it before but he came down in the twilight of his career with Derby he totally ran the show against us,and his best years were behind him.

If we had a player like him breaking play up in our team he would be loved by everyone!

As a pundit he is no better or worse than any other but he does inject a bit of humour into things and doesn't mind speaking his mind.

We moan when we don't get credit but i actually think its counter productive for a team like us anyway so long may it continue.

After 10 games we will know where we are heading and pundits will too, at the moment nobody has a clue how things will pan out but the pundits still have to give a viewpoint.

Be calm and hope we fly under the radar i say !

Savage on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 3489 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Savage on 16:33 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

well there are 'people at the top' of ITV who believe Adrian Chiles to be something other than a completely dreadful anchor man for football coverage as well, and they are wrong as well.

People at the top of the BBC clearly believe he is extremely talented too as he was the face of one of their biggest shows (The One Show).

I agree he should stick to radio but there are people in extremely high pressure jobs paid to make these calls and they all believe Adrian is good at what he does, so who are you and I to judge?

We're apparently not allowed to question the board of Swansea City because they all know better, so why do you think it's okay to question the people in charge of BBC Sport and ITV Sport?

Savage on 18:18 - Aug 24 with 3411 viewslondonlisa2001

Savage on 17:33 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

People at the top of the BBC clearly believe he is extremely talented too as he was the face of one of their biggest shows (The One Show).

I agree he should stick to radio but there are people in extremely high pressure jobs paid to make these calls and they all believe Adrian is good at what he does, so who are you and I to judge?

We're apparently not allowed to question the board of Swansea City because they all know better, so why do you think it's okay to question the people in charge of BBC Sport and ITV Sport?

why on earth are we not allowed to question the Swans board?
And similarly the people who work for the BBC or ITV?

God alive, the amount of utter crap on both those channels most of the time suggests that they should be questioned a lot more than they are.
Savage on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 3351 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Savage on 18:18 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

why on earth are we not allowed to question the Swans board?
And similarly the people who work for the BBC or ITV?

God alive, the amount of utter crap on both those channels most of the time suggests that they should be questioned a lot more than they are.

Because questioning them apparently makes you a WUM, not a 'true' supporter and shows you do not respect where we came from and how much they have done for the club or something similar.

Savage on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 3309 viewslondonlisa2001

Savage on 18:33 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Because questioning them apparently makes you a WUM, not a 'true' supporter and shows you do not respect where we came from and how much they have done for the club or something similar.

It's not the questioning of the board that makes people think you're a WUM, it's posting things like 5 wins out of 6 in the premier league is 'acceptable'.

I have myself, questioned the board (or members of the board) on at least 2 topics today - I believe that they should be questioned. There is a difference between that and slagging off every single thing that they, or the manager, or the team ever do for the sake of it.

From my perspective, I believe that on the football side of things they do a good job overall (there will obviously be errors - no one is perfect). However, I believe that on certain commercial matters and customer service related matters, they are not very good and take people for granted. This includes ridiculous nonsense like having flashing screens in front of people's eye line (I had a good friend who died as a result of epilepsy as a very, very young man so treat that very seriously), blaming a mythical 'Stadco' for errors that they have made, or problems that they have not forseen, and the ticket prices that I believe to be be far too high (particularly for Cat A matches) given the economic circumstances of the area and also the fact that an additional £10 makes so little difference to us.
Savage on 20:31 - Aug 24 with 3159 viewsHugeEnkins

They should publicly horse whip any pundit who gets it wrong. Execution is too easy a way out
Savage on 20:33 - Aug 24 with 3151 viewsperchrockjack

well at least nobody has described has as being a great player.
I may be wrong but don't think so.. and yes he did a job which was mainly to wind up his fellow pros then run away,

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024