Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is this the end of the road for ramsey 21:52 - Nov 3 with 9250 viewsbrad

is this the end of the road for chris ramsey after losing to derby,another no show tonite.
is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:42 - Nov 4 with 1937 viewsMvpeter

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 11:06 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

Toxic asset? Now you're just being silly.

We are a middling second tier club with a reasonable exposure from recent experience in the Premier (ie, since the PL was formed) and there would be people who might share Briatore's vision of a successful boutique London club or some such.

A consortium of a proven manager with a few moneyed backers might see a take-over as a negotiable proposition.

We've had increasing losses for five years and the last two were over £65 million. That is a toxic asset.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:45 - Nov 4 with 1927 viewsPunteR

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:22 - Nov 4 by brad

if we dont do something soon,we could be heading down,this man should not have being given the job in the first place,ole pals act,now we are fecked.

I don't think we'll get relegated.
It would be interesting to see the thread at the start of the season about where we all think we'll finish this season.
If remember right the majority said midtable.
I think we'll still end up midtable. Whether Ramsey will still be here is sort of irrelevant now.
Anything other than promotion is going to be considered a failure. I actually think this is the end of the road for Ramsey unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:55 - Nov 4 with 1887 viewswhittocksRs

Imagine he'll go if we lose to Preston.
is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:04 - Nov 4 with 1867 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:42 - Nov 4 by Mvpeter

We've had increasing losses for five years and the last two were over £65 million. That is a toxic asset.

Something doesn't become a fact just because you insist upon it.

If you are a QPR supporter you'd best be pleased that the owners of the club don't share your opinion, but feel free to give them the benefit of your wisdom.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:09 - Nov 4 with 1853 viewswhittocksRs

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:04 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

If you are a QPR supporter you'd best be pleased that the owners of the club don't share your opinion, but feel free to give them the benefit of your wisdom.

Definitely not a toxic asset (and Loftus Road itself must be worth a fortune), but the bigger the debt the more trouble we're going to be in over a longer-term period. If Fernandes eventually decides we're not going to become a Premier League fixture and wants to sell, there's a big problem with circa £100m debt to deal with. He'd effectively have to give it away, and I cannot see that happening.
is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:21 - Nov 4 with 1837 viewsR_from_afar

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 11:06 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

Toxic asset? Now you're just being silly.

We are a middling second tier club with a reasonable exposure from recent experience in the Premier (ie, since the PL was formed) and there would be people who might share Briatore's vision of a successful boutique London club or some such.

A consortium of a proven manager with a few moneyed backers might see a take-over as a negotiable proposition.

I'd love to think you were right but we are a small club with a huge debt and weak infrastructure. I don't see us as a very attractive prospect at the moment.

I don't mean to imply that I want the board to sell up, though. I think they are trying to make a different and more sensible model work. The big question is will they be patient enough to give it a chance and, put simply, will it work?

Man, I hope so.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:50 - Nov 4 with 1809 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:21 - Nov 4 by R_from_afar

I'd love to think you were right but we are a small club with a huge debt and weak infrastructure. I don't see us as a very attractive prospect at the moment.

I don't mean to imply that I want the board to sell up, though. I think they are trying to make a different and more sensible model work. The big question is will they be patient enough to give it a chance and, put simply, will it work?

Man, I hope so.

RFA

There are still options. The debt could be used by a suitor to reduce or eliminate a purchase price, like Venables taking 51% of Portsmouth for a pound.

A worse case would be the owners cashing in assets rapidly at a discount and reducing wages. Worse still would be them refusing to provide more cash or bank guarantees. Things would grind to a halt pretty quick then. Note that the owners are NOT doing anything like that.

No question that Fernandes et al have made some bloody awful decisions but at least they are still funding the club as a going concern with prospects.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:57 - Nov 4 with 1794 viewsstuabd

You usually get a few articles in the press with rumours about replacements. With the expectation of the Stan Collymore Sherwood tweet I've not seen anything. Maybe he's got more time than some of us think. That or TF is getting someone lined up on the quiet - surely not :)
Login to get fewer ads

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 14:55 - Nov 4 with 1739 viewsDufster

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:50 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

There are still options. The debt could be used by a suitor to reduce or eliminate a purchase price, like Venables taking 51% of Portsmouth for a pound.

A worse case would be the owners cashing in assets rapidly at a discount and reducing wages. Worse still would be them refusing to provide more cash or bank guarantees. Things would grind to a halt pretty quick then. Note that the owners are NOT doing anything like that.

No question that Fernandes et al have made some bloody awful decisions but at least they are still funding the club as a going concern with prospects.

I believe a 3 to 1 debt vs Revenue ratio is the acceptable limit of a viable business.

We'll generate circa £40 Million this season with Parachute payments....but I very much doubt that will cover our operating costs for this season....so the debt is likely to go up further....oh and also next season we get around £10 million less in Parachute Payments...That makes QPR a basket case business for any possible investors.

So next question is....Even if Fernandes/Mittal et al did decide to cut their losses and take a hit and write off some of the debt and put the club up for sale....who out their would want to invest in a basket case....perhaps a predatory buyer with a big ego.... Ring any bells?

Another big issue for the board must be their failure to capitalise on players sale values in the off season and backing the wrong choice of Manager.....I would think Les is feeling a bit squeaky at the moment!

So ultimately we are forced to push for promotion because its the best option under the current owners for their short and longer term future as club owners!

The debt will dictate their actions/strategy because they owe it...so get promoted but stick within a sensible budget and see what happens is their objective....but most importantly get promoted and get access to cash...with the players we have got BTW.....and that boyo is not going to happen under Ramsey...

Uncle Tony knows he must try and reduce the debt, that will be the yard stick he will ultimately be measured by......if he does he might have something left to sell!!!

Time for some decision making me thinks!!!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 15:38]

I Say!

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 23:21 - Nov 4 with 1660 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 14:55 - Nov 4 by Dufster

I believe a 3 to 1 debt vs Revenue ratio is the acceptable limit of a viable business.

We'll generate circa £40 Million this season with Parachute payments....but I very much doubt that will cover our operating costs for this season....so the debt is likely to go up further....oh and also next season we get around £10 million less in Parachute Payments...That makes QPR a basket case business for any possible investors.

So next question is....Even if Fernandes/Mittal et al did decide to cut their losses and take a hit and write off some of the debt and put the club up for sale....who out their would want to invest in a basket case....perhaps a predatory buyer with a big ego.... Ring any bells?

Another big issue for the board must be their failure to capitalise on players sale values in the off season and backing the wrong choice of Manager.....I would think Les is feeling a bit squeaky at the moment!

So ultimately we are forced to push for promotion because its the best option under the current owners for their short and longer term future as club owners!

The debt will dictate their actions/strategy because they owe it...so get promoted but stick within a sensible budget and see what happens is their objective....but most importantly get promoted and get access to cash...with the players we have got BTW.....and that boyo is not going to happen under Ramsey...

Uncle Tony knows he must try and reduce the debt, that will be the yard stick he will ultimately be measured by......if he does he might have something left to sell!!!

Time for some decision making me thinks!!!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 15:38]

Apply whatever measure you like, the simple fact is that the owners are continuing to back the club. This is our best source of stability. But feel free to tell them that they are wrong, or that (as others will have it) that they should f*ck off (realistically, only a court can 'sack' owners). I would prefer that they continue to back the club until a better option presents.

I'm sure that they are very mindful of the current circumstances. Just don't assume that they are sitting around watching the pitch grow.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 23:48 - Nov 4 with 1633 viewsisawqpratwcity

I shouldn't try to catch up on posts from the oldest!

Well, its done now. Hope Colin does a decent job in the interim and the board uses the time wisely to make a decent choice.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 08:56 - Nov 5 with 1579 viewsMvpeter

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 13:04 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

I gave reasoning and now I give the definition. You are insisting. Stop projecting.

'Toxic asset is a popular term for certain financial assets whose value has fallen significantly and for which there is no longer a functioning market, so that such assets cannot be sold at a price satisfactory to the holder.'

Our value has fallen significantly, it's heavily loss making, there is no other way to describe it.

But I've only got a degree in economics and finance what do I know?

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 09:25 - Nov 5 with 1559 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 08:56 - Nov 5 by Mvpeter

I gave reasoning and now I give the definition. You are insisting. Stop projecting.

'Toxic asset is a popular term for certain financial assets whose value has fallen significantly and for which there is no longer a functioning market, so that such assets cannot be sold at a price satisfactory to the holder.'

Our value has fallen significantly, it's heavily loss making, there is no other way to describe it.

But I've only got a degree in economics and finance what do I know?

"and for which there is no longer a functioning market"

Do you really believe that? Maybe you do. Just another part of your 'the-sky-is-falling' mind-set, I reckon.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 08:27 - Nov 6 with 1482 viewsMvpeter

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 09:25 - Nov 5 by isawqpratwcity

"and for which there is no longer a functioning market"

Do you really believe that? Maybe you do. Just another part of your 'the-sky-is-falling' mind-set, I reckon.

A functioning market is when the demand for something is sufficient for the supply. There will not be high enough demand for an asset losing £60m+.

I think you're underestimating how common markets aren't functioning.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 10:37 - Nov 6 with 1465 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 08:27 - Nov 6 by Mvpeter

A functioning market is when the demand for something is sufficient for the supply. There will not be high enough demand for an asset losing £60m+.

I think you're underestimating how common markets aren't functioning.

So no-one would want to buy this club?

Does that make me happy or sad?

Nah, just kidding. Neither...I'm just sceptical.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 11:09 - Nov 6 with 1358 viewsMvpeter

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 10:37 - Nov 6 by isawqpratwcity

So no-one would want to buy this club?

Does that make me happy or sad?

Nah, just kidding. Neither...I'm just sceptical.

It's not very likely is it? Wouldn't make good business sense.

If we make a toxic asset only a toxic asset if you can prove that nobody in the world would want to buy it then the term wouldn't exist as that is impossible. But it's a fairly standard term.

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 12:56 - Nov 6 with 1340 viewsisawqpratwcity

is this the end of the road for ramsey on 11:09 - Nov 6 by Mvpeter

It's not very likely is it? Wouldn't make good business sense.

If we make a toxic asset only a toxic asset if you can prove that nobody in the world would want to buy it then the term wouldn't exist as that is impossible. But it's a fairly standard term.

There'd be a buyer for QPR and you know it. Clubs at this level don't just wind up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024