Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' 01:17 - Jan 30 with 12124 viewsTNT

At the request of Gwilym Llewelyn Williams' family:

Sadly, Gwil Llew passed away earlier. A huge Swans fan of almost 50 years.

Many of you may have read his post on here, not long ago, saying that he'd survived a heart attack whilst watching Wales at the cardiff city stadium. A huge fan of The Wales team, as well as of his beloved Swans.

He posted on here as 'Giantstoneater'

A loyal friend, football fan, and father of two great kids.

Rest In Peace, Gwil… You'll be so missed, You Jack Bastard.

Nos da, wus.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 13:24 - Jan 30 with 1913 viewsFlashberryjack

Once a Jack always a Jack, in life and death, sincere condolences to the family.

RIP YJB

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 13:50 - Jan 30 with 1902 viewsTailGunner

RIP X
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 14:00 - Jan 30 with 1893 viewsLuther27

RIP Gwilym.
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 14:15 - Jan 30 with 1879 viewslonglostjack

Just seen this. Very sad news. Condolences to his family. RIP YJB.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 14:21]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:26 - Jan 30 with 1819 viewsSmellyplumz

Peace be your journey fella

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:31 - Jan 30 with 1815 viewsladyjack

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:26 - Jan 30 by Smellyplumz

Peace be your journey fella

RIP
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:14 - Jan 30 with 1736 viewsOldjack

R.I.P. YJB!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 1723 viewsBanosswan

Rip, remember his username well.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:25 - Jan 30 with 1718 viewsBLAZE

I remember the thread clearly - he was offering his camping ticket for Download Festival free of charge, because he couldn't attend due to the sudden health problem. You'd have hoped, given that he'd survived the scare, something more could've been done for the poor fella. I thought the offer was very generous of him

RIP Gwilym
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:29 - Jan 30 with 1706 viewsDarran

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:25 - Jan 30 by BLAZE

I remember the thread clearly - he was offering his camping ticket for Download Festival free of charge, because he couldn't attend due to the sudden health problem. You'd have hoped, given that he'd survived the scare, something more could've been done for the poor fella. I thought the offer was very generous of him

RIP Gwilym

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Download 2019 NSR by giantstoneater 6 Jun 2019 16:32
My download ticket dropped though my door this morning unfortunately I cant go due to suffering a heart attack at the Wales v Slovakia game and consequently spending a month in The Heath hospital deep in enemy territory. Would prefer it to go to some cash strapped kid. The ticket includes 5 days of camping and transport with the big green coach leaving Weds 12th June and returning Monday morning 17th June. Anybody interested message me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:22 - Jan 30 with 1661 viewsWarwickHunt

Top fella, obviously. Bloody tragic.

RIP, YJB.
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:24 - Jan 30 with 1660 viewsjackforever

Gutted to hear this news, worked with Gwil for the past 4 years, and he was a legend. We got on like a house on fire. The swans obviously dominated conversation but there was so much more with Gwil. Will miss his rants and his words of wisdom. I know you've been through hell this past year or so but I was always hopeful you would be back bending my year about those 'fecking yanks' RIP mate you will be missed by all who knew you.
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:27 - Jan 30 with 1655 viewsNeath_Jack

Blimey, he posted on here for donkeys!

Rest In Peace Gwil YJB.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:30 - Jan 30 with 1650 viewsharryhpalmer

A great guy, was Gwil. I have know him for a very long time.

As the TNT's post said, he was a passionate Swans and Wales fan. Mad about them both, and they were a huge part of his life.

And as epaul said, he was a submariner, and I affectionately called him sailorboy because of it.

When we all got together, in recent years in the Railway before games, we always used to quiz him about his job on the uboats. And he would always pull the Official Secrets Act on us, with a big twinkle in his eye. We should have called him Bond!

He could be a cantankerous old buggar, which we took the piss out of royally. He loved it secretly, I'm sure.

But he had the heart as big as a whale. Such a lovely bloke.

Will miss you, sailorboy. Rest in Peace, my friend. Rest in Peace.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 22:45 - Jan 30 with 1607 viewsTNT

Gwil's family will be very heartened by your responses on here, at an extremely difficult time for them. I, and on their behalf, thank you all, YJBs.

As recently as yesterday, Gwil asked for someone to call The Liberty Stadium to explain his circumstances and ask if they'd bear with him in respect of the Early Bird Season Ticket renewal (the Club was contacted, the response was top drawer). Yep, a JB to the bitter end. He was also a proper 'Cardi' at heart, originally from Aberystwyth, but would do anything for anyone. As epaul said he spent many years as a submariner, before coming back to settle in the Llanelli area. I particularly liked his submarines avatar on here. His lad, also an avid Swans and Wales fan, now picks up The Standard.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 23:39 - Jan 30 with 1573 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rest In Peace Gwylim. This is a shock, I’m sure I only read a post from him the other day?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 01:57 - Jan 31 with 1545 viewsDJack

It's not great knowing that a poster that you have seen post over the many years has died.

Return to stardust mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 08:44 - Jan 31 with 1508 views3swan

Very sad RIP
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:39 - Jan 31 with 1440 viewsTNT

Gwil's funeral will be on Monday 17th February, 2:00 at Llanelli Crem. Wake in The Bridge, thereafter.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:46 - Jan 31 with 1422 viewsLord_Bony

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 10:53 - Jan 30 by ItchySphincter

Giantstoneater was one of the best ever user names on here.

RIP

Quite a good knowledgeable poster.

RIP.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:00 - Jan 31 with 1380 viewsTNT

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:46 - Jan 31 by Lord_Bony

Quite a good knowledgeable poster.

RIP.

Knowledgeable he was mate, and we never had a cross word, in any of our 'non-football world', in all the years we were mates, but we rarely agreed on team selection, formation, tic-tacs etc. Just like us all on here. We all think we're the best manager of OUR team. That's football fans all over the World. Nothing wrong with that.

Another lovely one... in all the years I've been a Swans fan, and all The Jacks I've met in that time, he's the only one I've come across whose favourite all time Swans player was Steve Thornber! He was also a huge fan of Robbie James, and I get that. He fancied himself as a bit of a midfielder himself in his day. Never saw him play, but a few said he was good (when he wasn't listening!).

It was also remiss of me to earlier not include his beautiful daughter as an ardent Swans fan, who will continue to carry our SCFC torch. I'm now struggling to write through the tears.

Caru ti, Beth. X

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:19 - Jan 31 with 1356 viewsFlashberryjack

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:00 - Jan 31 by TNT

Knowledgeable he was mate, and we never had a cross word, in any of our 'non-football world', in all the years we were mates, but we rarely agreed on team selection, formation, tic-tacs etc. Just like us all on here. We all think we're the best manager of OUR team. That's football fans all over the World. Nothing wrong with that.

Another lovely one... in all the years I've been a Swans fan, and all The Jacks I've met in that time, he's the only one I've come across whose favourite all time Swans player was Steve Thornber! He was also a huge fan of Robbie James, and I get that. He fancied himself as a bit of a midfielder himself in his day. Never saw him play, but a few said he was good (when he wasn't listening!).

It was also remiss of me to earlier not include his beautiful daughter as an ardent Swans fan, who will continue to carry our SCFC torch. I'm now struggling to write through the tears.

Caru ti, Beth. X

I feel for you mate, I really do.

Lost my footballing mate sometime ago.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:29 - Jan 31 with 1346 viewsepaul

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:30 - Jan 30 by harryhpalmer

A great guy, was Gwil. I have know him for a very long time.

As the TNT's post said, he was a passionate Swans and Wales fan. Mad about them both, and they were a huge part of his life.

And as epaul said, he was a submariner, and I affectionately called him sailorboy because of it.

When we all got together, in recent years in the Railway before games, we always used to quiz him about his job on the uboats. And he would always pull the Official Secrets Act on us, with a big twinkle in his eye. We should have called him Bond!

He could be a cantankerous old buggar, which we took the piss out of royally. He loved it secretly, I'm sure.

But he had the heart as big as a whale. Such a lovely bloke.

Will miss you, sailorboy. Rest in Peace, my friend. Rest in Peace.

What a lovely post

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:36 - Jan 31 with 1332 viewsbuilthjack

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:00 - Jan 31 by TNT

Caru ti, Beth. X

Very sad

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:44 - Jan 31 with 1317 viewsTNT

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:29 - Jan 31 by epaul

What a lovely post

Paul

I'm heartbroken mate.

I get your connection with Gwil as massive Swans fans.

But the 'electricity' between you guys, and your quote in an earlier post was moving, mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024