Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI 20:41 - May 2 with 13356 viewsNotLoyal

Yes, I do like to be beside the seaside.

It’s the final game of the season, no matter what. In fact even if it all goes a bit Rotherham United it will still be the final game of the season if the game is replayed. This is an absolute fact.

Remember this ?

Ref : KEITH STROUD
Lino’s : Sam Lewis and James Wilson
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Swansea City’s 2022-23 season finale against West Bromwich Albion has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The match will be shown on the Sky Sports Arena channel and will kick off at 3pm on Monday, May 8. Coverage will begin at 2.45pm.

The Swans will be hoping for a repeat of the reverse fixture in October when they scored a last-gasp winner after coming from 2-1 down at The Hawthorns.

Due to the Sky Sports selection, Monday’s match will not be available to watch in the UK on Swans TV, however, tickets are still available for the match at a discounted price.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60201/team-news-swansea-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:54 - May 8 with 1762 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:31 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

He’s off to Beijing ?

Just to The Rising Sun in Bonymaen

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:54 - May 8 with 1756 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:50 - May 8 by Treforys_Jack

Very high risk, very low reward. He can't help himself but revert to type when he thinks he can get away with it.

I can understand why it's done, draw the press and it leaves space in midfield to break. But we we not good enough to play it properly.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:57 - May 8 with 1730 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:54 - May 8 by Whiterockin

I can understand why it's done, draw the press and it leaves space in midfield to break. But we we not good enough to play it properly.

Yes, we are just not quick enough in thought or deed sometimes and end up having to play very risky manoeuvres which we don’t always get right. We tend to overdo it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 06:54 - May 9 with 1518 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:54 - May 8 by builthjack

Just to The Rising Sun in Bonymaen

He'll be disappointed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 06:58 - May 9 with 1505 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Was Cabango really our worst player?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:50 - May 9 with 1446 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:54 - May 8 by Whiterockin

Agree with your comment about why we play out from the back also Unions Jack's comment below.
"Yes, we are just not quick enough in thought or deed sometimes and end up having to play very risky manoeuvres which we don’t always get right. We tend to overdo it."

For me it has been so frustrating the mistakes are the sames ones we have done for most of the season and sums up the season, frustrating!

When it is done badly it is predictively bad.
The defenders are too close to the goalie for starters, allowing one forward to close down two players or two on three, what ever happen to let the ball do the work, the further apart our three are, stretches the pitch to be covered.
Cabango had a right go at Fisher for not clearing down field why because in these scenarios he has the best view to make the decisions when to clear down field but he was given very little time to make the correct decision given how short the passes are.

Add to the fact both Ntcham and Grimes wanted to take the extra touch when WBA press was effective on those two and the ref wasn't giving us any descions with the nature of their press.
The ref did help us with the descion for the retake of the goal kick for encroachment into the box, so knowing they were going to press we did the same mistake for their goal straight after???

Set piece goals, for and against, for me Darling should be in the team for that reason and while he made some bad mistakes earlier on in the season he seemed to learn from them or he was making the same mistakes as any other defender when not getting the playing three/five at the back right.
Would also question if you have five at the back why would you need Grimes so deep again inviting teams to press.
Once the possession is won by us and the passing at the back is done right the opposition no longer accept the invitation to press and defend relying on break aways.
Which leads to question as to why Grimes is left as the last man at our corners, we had gone away from it, why because he hasn't got the pace for it, we had a lucky escape yesterday, other games we have not been so lucky.

Same mistakes resulting in the same goals being conceded we had reduced those mistakes but they keep on creeping back in. Frustrating.
Really nice to get the win but we don't half make hard for ourselves.

Some young players in the team, hope they can stick together and learn as a team next season to counter those stupid mistakes that the coaching team should be highlighting with them.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:56 - May 9 with 1434 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:50 - May 9 by RichardO

Agree with your comment about why we play out from the back also Unions Jack's comment below.
"Yes, we are just not quick enough in thought or deed sometimes and end up having to play very risky manoeuvres which we don’t always get right. We tend to overdo it."

For me it has been so frustrating the mistakes are the sames ones we have done for most of the season and sums up the season, frustrating!

The defenders are too close to the goalie for starters, allowing one forward to close down two players or two on three, what ever happen to let the ball do the work, the further apart our three are, stretches the pitch to be covered.
Cabango had a right go at Fisher for not clearing down field why because in these scenarios he has the best view to make the decisions when to clear down field but he was given very little time to make the correct decision given how short the passes are.

Add to the fact both Ntcham and Grimes wanted to take the extra touch when WBA press was effective on those two and the ref wasn't giving us any descions with the nature of their press.
The ref did help us with the descion for the retake of the goal kick for encroachment into the box, so knowing they were going to press we did the same mistake for their goal straight after???

Set piece goals, for and against, for me Darling should be in the team for that reason and while he made some bad mistakes earlier on in the season he seemed to learn from them or he was making the same mistakes as any other defender when not getting the playing three/five at the back right.
Would also question if you have five at the back why would you need Grimes so deep again inviting teams to press.
Once the possession is won by us and the passing at the back is done right the opposition no longer accept the invitation to press and defend relying on break aways.
Which leads to question as to why Grimes is left as the last man at our corners, we had gone away from it, why because he hasn't got the pace for it, we had a lucky escape yesterday, other games we have not been so lucky.

Same mistakes resulting in the same goals being conceded we had reduced those mistakes but they keep on creeping back in. Frustrating.

Some young players in the team, hope they can stick together and learn as a team next season to counter those stupid mistakes that the coaching team should be highlighting with them.

Brilliant stuff.
It was all about four points short in the end .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:23 - May 9 with 1414 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:56 - May 9 by onehunglow

Brilliant stuff.
It was all about four points short in the end .

Four points off the play off, who knows what would have happened in those play offs, would we have been able to get across the line, big ifs and buts.
Should we have been a lot higher up the table maybe but the same as Potter's tenure not setup well enough to not concede goals.
Maybe a chance lost but maybe a chance to develop and go further as a team whoever is the manager next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:27 - May 9 with 1411 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:50 - May 9 by RichardO

I love reading your post Richard, they are very knowledgeable and you never have a go at people for their opinions, what I also like about your posts is you never slag the manager off no matter how bad he has got it wrong.

What we lack is pace, teams know they can press us knowing we do not have an outlet, when we had obafemi playing well we had that outlet and its a shame he's a nuisance who couldn't tow the line and disrupted the squad as if he was still here I'm certain we would be in the play offs.

If we do get a couple of players with pace I'm certain we can challenge not just the play offs but the automatic spots.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:31 - May 9 with 1405 viewsWhiterockin

Good post.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:35 - May 9 with 1396 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:23 - May 9 by RichardO

Four points off the play off, who knows what would have happened in those play offs, would we have been able to get across the line, big ifs and buts.
Should we have been a lot higher up the table maybe but the same as Potter's tenure not setup well enough to not concede goals.
Maybe a chance lost but maybe a chance to develop and go further as a team whoever is the manager next season.

Fair comment and exactly how it is.
We need a change of tack in defending

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:46 - May 9 with 1384 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:27 - May 9 by Fireboy2

I love reading your post Richard, they are very knowledgeable and you never have a go at people for their opinions, what I also like about your posts is you never slag the manager off no matter how bad he has got it wrong.

What we lack is pace, teams know they can press us knowing we do not have an outlet, when we had obafemi playing well we had that outlet and its a shame he's a nuisance who couldn't tow the line and disrupted the squad as if he was still here I'm certain we would be in the play offs.

If we do get a couple of players with pace I'm certain we can challenge not just the play offs but the automatic spots.

I call my posts long winded, they can jump from one point to another and there are digs at managers and players at times but I try and balance them out.
I have complained about Latibeaudie recently and prefer Darling but can't complain at his contribution too much in the recent run of games.
Have noticed my posts can kill a thread stone dead as well🙂
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:47]
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:56 - May 9 with 1363 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:46 - May 9 by RichardO

I call my posts long winded, they can jump from one point to another and there are digs at managers and players at times but I try and balance them out.
I have complained about Latibeaudie recently and prefer Darling but can't complain at his contribution too much in the recent run of games.

They re not .
They are detailed
Many young bloods haven’t the ability to stick around and read something that is not a sound bite .

I hate short pithy posts

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 10:04 - May 9 with 1359 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:46 - May 9 by RichardO

They only kill a thread when they are spot on, as is usually the case and those who want to argue have no answer.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 11:30 - May 9 with 1294 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:57 - May 8 by union_jack

Yes, we are just not quick enough in thought or deed sometimes and end up having to play very risky manoeuvres which we don’t always get right. We tend to overdo it.

Not just at the back, we can be just as slow around their penalty area, so that by the time Piroe in particular gets off his shot a defender is in the right place to block it.
Fortunately the risks are not usually as high as when we do so around our penalty area.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 11:35 - May 9 with 1290 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:56 - May 9 by onehunglow

They re not .
They are detailed
Many young bloods haven’t the ability to stick around and read something that is not a sound bite .

I hate short pithy posts

So do I.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 14:14 - May 9 with 1201 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 11:35 - May 9 by nantywatcher

So do I.

Great

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 16:07 - May 9 with 1116 viewsWhiterockin

Oh the irony

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:44 - May 9 with 1062 viewsModeratorD

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 11:35 - May 9 by nantywatcher

So do I.

Me too
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 06:48 - May 10 with 908 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 11:30 - May 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Not just at the back, we can be just as slow around their penalty area, so that by the time Piroe in particular gets off his shot a defender is in the right place to block it.
Fortunately the risks are not usually as high as when we do so around our penalty area.

Interesting to see Ntcham take the central role up front after the final substitutions which left both him and Manning with enough pace to get the ball further up the pitch quicker so not allowing the opposition to get into the defensive shape to negate the forward momentum.
Was concerned that with the fact that the substitutions made us defensively slower and initially the midfield struggled to establish their defensive shape.
As WBA pressed forward similarly as PNE the gaps opened up to force their defensive errors.
In this game the last minute free kick on the edge of the box.

A lot of games throughout this league this season seem to be a game of two halves for all the teams, making it appear that the league has been poor this year, is this the case or is it managers working out how to change games around, maybe each teams squad wasn't strong enough to counter these changes especially if their squads lose players through injuries.
Maybe after Covid finances have been stretched for every team leaving squads weaker. As teams get back on their feet will the squads get stronger, will it make next season a lot harder for everyone.

Hopefully our end of season run of form and our reputation for playing football will make us an attractive option for an incoming player and make players who may be lured away, stay.
Hopefully the poor run of form and disruptions within the squads will not deter much needed players from joining the club or youngsters being able to step up to the challenge.

Hopefully the correct teams setup and style of play will reduce the number of errors made leading to less goals against while not affecting our goals for.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - May 10 with 864 viewsModeratorD

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 06:48 - May 10 by RichardO

Interesting to see Ntcham take the central role up front after the final substitutions which left both him and Manning with enough pace to get the ball further up the pitch quicker so not allowing the opposition to get into the defensive shape to negate the forward momentum.
Was concerned that with the fact that the substitutions made us defensively slower and initially the midfield struggled to establish their defensive shape.
As WBA pressed forward similarly as PNE the gaps opened up to force their defensive errors.
In this game the last minute free kick on the edge of the box.

A lot of games throughout this league this season seem to be a game of two halves for all the teams, making it appear that the league has been poor this year, is this the case or is it managers working out how to change games around, maybe each teams squad wasn't strong enough to counter these changes especially if their squads lose players through injuries.
Maybe after Covid finances have been stretched for every team leaving squads weaker. As teams get back on their feet will the squads get stronger, will it make next season a lot harder for everyone.

Hopefully our end of season run of form and our reputation for playing football will make us an attractive option for an incoming player and make players who may be lured away, stay.
Hopefully the poor run of form and disruptions within the squads will not deter much needed players from joining the club or youngsters being able to step up to the challenge.

Hopefully the correct teams setup and style of play will reduce the number of errors made leading to less goals against while not affecting our goals for.

Have been well impressed with Ntcham the last few games.
Hopefully he will continue to have a bigger part to play for us next season
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:28 - May 10 with 854 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - May 10 by ModeratorD

It's no great surprise to see Ntcham become more and more influential now he's playing through the middle and not having to drift in from out wide which is where he's spent most of his time for us. He is by some distance our most technically capable midfielder and needs to be at the heart of things for a team playing on the front foot.

Some people have been singing his praises for a good long while. Others convinced themselves that he was only fit enough to play 60 minutes because that's just when Russy's plan stated that he needed to be subbed off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:49 - May 10 with 848 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - May 10 by ModeratorD

I thought he was poor until I saw his World Cup performance … not long, but in the centre of midfield he was different player.
Looking at his history it is clear he has rarely played wide.
Surely Martin would have known this!
Since playing a more central role our midfield has speeded up a lot.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 10:15 - May 10 with 826 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:49 - May 10 by Badlands

I thought he was poor until I saw his World Cup performance … not long, but in the centre of midfield he was different player.

He actually commented on it on Monday and admitted he played him out of position.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 10:22 - May 10 with 810 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 09:49 - May 10 by Badlands

Thing is, there were people saying this last season. Why has it taken so long? Same with Lati. Sticking square pegs into round holes for the sake of "process" rather than just using players properly.

When critics talk about the January window being an excuse, and Russy already having players capable of forming a challenging team, this is the kind of stuff that gives them ammunition.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024